Free agency tracker

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They are paying DHop too. I guess they believe in Levis.

I wonder if Burks is on the block.

For now. His deal was always kind of looked at like a 1 year deal. They can get out of it and save cap space. Which, after this move, they probably need. I'd expect him to be released soon.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't know how the Bills are going to get an "insurance" WR to replace Gabe with how most of these deals are for WRs.  Even a WR3 is going to cost a lot.

That’s why they need to target WR in the draft.  Plus, they have the chance to find a real WR1/2 there, whereas Gabe’s ceiling is more WR2/3.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

They did that already. Mack Hollins. Another big-bodied, downfield threat, run blocking guy that can start opposite Diggs in a pinch but hopefully won't have to once they draft a rookie high.

WR1 Diggs
WR2 ??? (hopefully rookie)
WR3 Shakir
WR4 ??? (hopefully rookie or another FA)
WR5 Hollins/Shorter

I'd expect at least 6 this year. Every other year under McDermott, we kept 6 or 7 on the 53. Last year was a bit of an anomaly as we had 12 DL under contract that we wanted to keep. That number is usually closer to 10 and we won't have that problem this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Having Will Levis's top two receiving options be a 30-year-old and a 31-year-old -- and both on big contracts -- seems...kinda weird to me?

I mean, on the one hand, he's got reliable vets to lean on. On the other hand, you'd think you'd want a youngster at the position that Levis can grow with? 

Plus, deciding not to pay 24-year-old AJ Brown and then deciding to pay 30-year-old Ridley two offseasons later (yes I know it's a different front office) is such a weird look for the Titans.

Maybe I'm crazy. Probably not. I think they're building their team weirdly.

I don’t think the growing thing matters. I think that teams, years ago, decided they should do everything they to help their QB develop into a great passer. Run game is irrelevant. Defense is irrelevant. Surround your QB with weapons and figure out if he’s the guy.

Levis is gonna get a shot. And unless Hopkins is shot, Levis can win 9 games on that team and prove he’s the guy. Then you can worry about everything else.

Man I gotta say, merging EVERY big FA signing into the free agent tracker thread is really silly. 

For little deals, sure I get it.

for the big names or potential Bills targets? Just asinine. What else do we have to talk about?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Man I gotta say, merging EVERY big FA signing into the free agent tracker thread is really silly. 

For little deals, sure I get it.

for the big names or potential Bills targets? Just asinine. What else do we have to talk about?

Damn, you trying for one of them fancy restricted accounts? 😆

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This is an over-reaction to losing AJ Brown.  This is a highly risky contract in my opinion.   Ridley is good, but not THAT good.  

It's a contract that justifies going thru a few years of loserville.  Pretty simple.

• Haha (+1) 1

Ravens to release OBJ.

Dan Graziano on X: "Barring an unexpected last-minute extension, you'll see the Ravens release Odell Beckham before midnight ET tonight with a post-June 1 designation. Beckham and the Ravens restructured his deal in January, eliminating the void years and allowing the team to use post-June 1 on him." / X (twitter.com)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ngbills said:

Chinn for $5M/1 yr and Poyer $2M/1yr

Lets give Rapp and Lewis multi year deals the same or more money...

Like it or not, the most important trait to McDermott on Defense (and in turn Beane) is players who have experience playing under him in his scheme. That is always going to take precedent to this regime.

Lewis is a backup. We'll still be filling a hole at Starter opposite Rapp.

Does Trent Sherfield deserve his own thread?...he signed a one-year deal with the Vikings.

Bills UDFA are dropping like flies today...Dodson, Settle, Sherfield....

Edited by JoeF