Free agency tracker

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Still, I liked Chinn, and he didn't sign for much, and it's a deal I would have been happy for the Bills to have done. Alas, they must've either not liked the player, not liked the price, or both.

Just saw his money … cheap..would have signed him for that 

Beane playing comp pick bingo though I think 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just saw his money … cheap..would have signed him for that 

Beane playing comp pick bingo though I think 

You're probably right.

I'll be honest, I don't love the idea of foregoing the signing of talented young veterans who can help this team NOW for the theoretical dangled carrots that are future 4th and 5th round compensatory picks.

Beane played compensatory pick bingo this past offseason and lost, and the Bills only have a 4th to show for it, after thinking they'd get a 3rd.

I know some here love comp picks as a team building strategy, but if it's between a few key FAs and a 4th or 5th round pick, I'd prefer the players. I may be alone on this island. Comp picks are simply not enough of a sure thing, and come from a process that is way less than transparent. Simply not a fan of planning one's talent acquisition strategy around it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bums me out.

He and Geno Stone were my favorite safety targets, and both are off the market.

The Cover 1 guys liked Alohi Gilman, but he's off the market, too.

I still expect the Bills to sign a safety, but the longer they go without doing so, the more I begin to suspect that a high draft pick may be used on one, and that Rapp may actually start at SS.

Huh.

I'm not saying you're wrong but ugggggggggh.

I'm fine with Rapp as a fringe S starter but he's not a long term fix. So we cut Poyer for the guy Poyer started over and need to fill both FS AND WR2 in the draft if we stand pat. That does not give a huge window of options 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Good safeties can be found late in the draft. Hyde and poyer, for instance, were both late rd picks I believe

Yeah but there's a developmental process for that. Neither really came into their own until their third or later season

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Good safeties can be found late in the draft. Hyde and poyer, for instance, were both late rd picks I believe

Maybe so, but they were not NFL good for several years.   The Bills need a FS and are going to need to sign someone.  It is very disappointing that they are dragging their feet on this one, but I  am sure thee is a plan.  

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Maybe so, but they were not NFL good for several years.   The Bills need a FS and are going to need to sign someone.  It is very disappointing that they are dragging their feet on this one, but I  am sure thee is a plan.  

All true - there are a lot of UFA safeties - I’m sure Beane will sign one but isn’t paying a lot. Otherwise he would have kept poyer at $6m

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Down here in Cincinnati this is big news today:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Jefferson-to-Bengals-rumors?page=2

Supposedly it would involve Higgens and 2 1st round picks to land JJ from the Vikings!

That’s a lot for Jefferson, Higgens is a pretty good receiver plus giving up two first round picks? No way!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Down here in Cincinnati this is big news today:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Jefferson-to-Bengals-rumors?page=2

Supposedly it would involve Higgens and 2 1st round picks to land JJ from the Vikings!

Ah, so some Cincy fans are just as delusional as some Bills fans. Good to know.

People acting like since they couldn't re-sign Cousins, Minnesota's going into full on sell mode.

They were always aware of this possibility. They placed a price on Cousins and were fine with going to the Draft for his replacement if it went out of their range.

They aren't sitting their like "sh-t couldn't get Cousins, well time to trade the best young WR in the NFL". There's no legitimate reports of a Jefferson trade being a real thing. Just fans running away with their "wouldn't it be cool?" thoughts and wishing for something that isn't there.

They have to re-up Chase soon. Higgins is one thing. But in no scenario can you carry Burrow, Jefferson, and Chase on the same billing book.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bills6969 said:

I trust McD and Beane with safties.  They have a good track record with identifying talent

They signed Poyer and Hyde 7 years ago, that’s it. We had guys sitting behind them for a few years nd when they had the opportunity to play they sucked. 

Keep hearing we trust these guys with DBs but other then poyer, Hyde white and Johnson there has been a lot of up and down play from everyone else when called upon. They even wasted a first round pick on Elam and he’s hardly seen the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

So, if we’re not allowed to talk about this.. delete, as I’m not trying to be political, but Rich Cimini just reported that the domain name KennedyRodgers.com has been registered with GoDaddy last week, and it’s the only one out of the finalists on RFK’s list. 

Jets fans are now pointing out how the Jets met with a bunch of QBs at combine and had a heavy contingent at Bo Nix pro-day today.  

And according to NY reporters, it’s radio silence from everyone right now. 

Id still be shocked if this happened, but why is the domain name taken haha?..

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So, if we’re not allowed to talk about this.. delete, as I’m not trying to be political, but Rich Cimini just reported that the domain name KennedyRodgers.com has been registered with GoDaddy last week, and it’s the only one out of the finalists on RFK’s list. 

Jets fans are now pointing out how the Jets met with a bunch of QBs at combine and had a heavy contingent at Bo Nix pro-day today.  

And according to NY reporters, it’s radio silence from everyone right now. 

Id still be shocked if this happened, but why is the domain name taken haha?..

Kennedy has about as much of a chance of winning the election as I do. Rodgers would have to have completely lost his mind on a psychedelic journey to give up his comeback (and quite possibly his career) on a futile bid to become Vice President.

• Like (+1) 1