Von Miller takes pay cut

Thank god. He knew he was cooked if he didn’t take less.

I know folks say cutting him was impossible, but players don’t take pay cuts unless they are on the block.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Is it a pay cut or a restructure/extension

If they extend him I'm losing it 

It's sounds like they turned a big chunk of his base salary into incentives.  For now,  it's a pay cut,  but with the opportunity to make it all back plus some.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

If that is as reported it is a proper pay cut. 

What I mean by that is it isn't a restructure and it isn't swapping non-guaranteed money for a smaller amount of guaranteed money. 

Von's $17.5m salary this year was FULLY guaranteed. He is taking a near $9m pay cut (who knows what the incentives are). That is significant. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What I mean by that is it isn't a restructure and it isn't swapping non-guaranteed money for a smaller amount of guaranteed money. 

Von's $17.5m salary this year was FULLY guaranteed. He is taking a near $9m pay cut (who knows what the incentives are). That is significant. 

As the kids like to say these days, he just "bet on himself." I'm sure that we all hope that he makes all 20 million.

Edited by Low Positive
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Is it a pay cut or a restructure/extension

If they extend him I'm losing it 

As reported it is a genuine pay cut. He is leaving what was previously guaranteed money on the table (albeit with a chance to earn some back).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OMG!! Amazing!! It is a reneg - re negotiate contact full confirmed. That is awesome. His $ is gone forever and it is now incentive ladden. Win-Win for us.

And Tre gone makes my year!!!!!!!! Wimpiest Bill ever

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 2
  • Disagree 10
  • Dislike 12

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Super interesting, but I bet those "hard to reach incentives" were attainable in Von's eyes, which is why he agreed to it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

If he has a huge season and earns the max amount of incentives (the 20 mill figure), the earn via incentives get applied to 2025 salary cap unless i'm mistaken.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I just wonder when Josh's restructure is announced. Might be in play for  FA or two after all. 

We were always going to be in play in FA. We were always going to get under the cap and make some moves. I still wouldn't expect anything big ticket at any position though.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just shows how good Beane is. Top 5 GM in the league.

If Von plays like he was originally supposed to, he gets a bag. Perfect scenario for both sides.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

As the kids like to say these days, he just "bet on himself." I'm sure that we all hope that he makes all 20 million.

We kinda do and we don't. If he earns it all back his cap hit next year will look eye watering.