The NFL can be cold sometimes

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'll just assume automatically he'd be an upgrade from Tim Settle / Jordan Phillips

Happy Birthday from the Bills! 

Yeah but he never played for the Panthers...

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Business in general is cold man. I left my old company in June last year and then found out like a week ago they fired every remote employee (which I was) the week of Thanksgiving last year. My old boss called me to tell me I got out at the exact right time 

Captain Foresight?

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Business in general is cold man. I left my old company in June last year and then found out like a week ago they fired every remote employee (which I was) the week of Thanksgiving last year. My old boss called me to tell me I got out at the exact right time 

Yeah, business sucks big balls.

I went to a funeral for my father-in-law about 5 years ago. It was a 12 hour drive just to get there. My boss called me the day before the funeral and asked me to come back cause i was, "putting them in a bad spot by not being there".........1) how is that my problem if they are short staffed.......2) how many times am i going to go to a funeral that's 12 hours away?........3) you gotta have some pretty big brass balls to make that statement to me any time, let alone at a funeral

My work ethic completely plummeted when i got back......i didn't last much longer than 3 months after that......and i didn't care.

• Like (+1) 5

55 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

More and more Americans are waking up to the fact you mean absolutely nothing to an employer. Do your job, go home and forget about them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

More and more Americans are waking up to the fact you mean absolutely nothing to an employer. Do your job, go home and forget about them.

I work in human services, spent a few years in 24 hour facilities: One time, while higher on the food chain, I had work a triple due to call outs. I finally left at 5am after my day started at 7am the day before and had been awake for nearly 24 hours straight. Slept till 11am that day and had a VM from my boss waiting for me. She was upset that I missed a 7am meeting. 

I cannot stress the importance of work boundaries and striving to find a place that treats you (and your well being) with respect. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I wasn't shocked when I found out, but I was surprised. I would go with Lucky 

Yeah for sure. Better to go on you're own terms than deal with the pressure and anxiety of "what's next or what am I going to do". When my wife and I first got married we both got laid off  during the same week. That was crazy. But it brought us to Buffalo!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.