Astro’s Detailed Ranking of Players the Bills Covet Based on Time Invested

Kris Jenkins Father was an absolute beast one of the best DT’s I have ever watched in his best years in 2002-2003 he was completely dominant as he was both a pocket collapsing monster but also held the point of attack against the run. 

He had some injuries from 2004-2005 before turning in 3 more very good years from 2006-2008 and then injury cut his career short in 2009-2010 unfortunately.

His son seems to be a different type of player more like a three tech quick hitter as opposed to a fast gigantic monster that his dad was. If the Bills draft him at 60 I would like the pick. Having two three techs that can really rush the passer is a good thing for the defense.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

Ever had a shot of chartreuse? It’s like eating a bouquet of flowers. Maybe that’s why Astro named it as such?!

I literally noticed chartreuse liquor at the store a couple weeks ago when I was looking for cointreau. I was wondering what it tasted like and what it’s used in. Flowers makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

If I'm reading this right,  this looks more like game attendance than individual meetings.   The numbers are always the same for players from the same school.  All three Texas players score 3.  The two Michigan players score 15.  The two Georgia players each score 7.   Florida State...both score 6. 

I'm not sure it means much. 

What's most important is that these are players that the Bills met with.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, schoolhouserock said:

Ever had a shot of chartreuse? It’s like eating a bouquet of flowers. Maybe that’s why Astro named it as such?!

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I literally noticed chartreuse liquor at the store a couple weeks ago when I was looking for cointreau. I was wondering what it tasted like and what it’s used in. Flowers makes sense. 

It's a strange combination of sweet, syrupy, medicinal, and floral - almost like someone accidently combined potpourri, Jagermeister, a bouquet of flowers and simple syrup in a blender and then upon staring too long in revulsion at this horrifying iridescent green liquid... came to the incomprehensible conclusion... WTF, might as well drink it.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

First, I like any man whose name rhymes with "shindig." Second, I have no idea what "chartreuse" is.

I had to look it up haha. It's a yellowish-green color or a greenish-yellow, depending on how you wanna word it, I guess. I always called that color lime or neon green. 

42 minutes ago, transient said:

It's a strange combination of sweet, syrupy, medicinal, and floral - almost like someone accidently combined potpourri, Jagermeister, a bouquet of flowers and simple syrup in a blender and then upon staring too long in revulsion at this horrifying iridescent green liquid... came to the incomprehensible conclusion... WTF, might as well drink it.

Awesome! Thank you for the review. 

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s over 100 proof.  And the only naturally green liquor, made from a secret recipe, by French monks.  I used to keep a bottle in the freezer, and offer visitors a shot.  It’s an intense shot

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

If I'm reading this right,  this looks more like game attendance than individual meetings.   The numbers are always the same for players from the same school.  All three Texas players score 3.  The two Michigan players score 15.  The two Georgia players each score 7.   Florida State...both score 6. 

I'm not sure it means much. 

It means quite a bit. 

But yeah, it's not exact. And it will always be a little difficult to separate guys on the same team.

But first, this group of guys is the one we met with at the combine. That alone is pretty big.

And while some of the indicators are team indicators, some are individual. And others help narrow it down.

There's an extra point if the offensive coordinator goes to an offensive player's game, and vice versa for defense. A meeting at the Senior Bowl isn't a team indicator, but gets points here.

And as the process unfolds, Pro days and 30 visits will help make things more individual.

All three Texas players score 3. Which is the among the lowest grades. That might be very indicative.

The interview scores, obtained from Kindig's contacts around the league as I understand it, can also be indicative as the Bills really do value good interviews and football-smart guys.

It's certainly not a be-all and end-all, but it can help.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This chart looks like it was made by Butch from the East Side if people remember him from the old BBMB

I can't believe the dude still calls in to WGR all the time. That's usually a cause to mute the radio

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

I always maintained that instead of a shot of gin, you might as well chew a pine branch. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m colorblind

Somebody needs to explain this to me

It’s late 80s to early 90s bright yellowish green. It goes great on a wind breaker or jet ski. It pairs well with an electric blue and/or hot pink and is best used in a splashing pattern or with geometric shapes. 

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Not a lot of Tarantino/Death Proof fans in here, eh.

Don't mind some of his wokr (OUATIH was great) but never saw Deathproof...

It looks like a Quentin kind of word.