Mike Evans to hit free agency (UPDATE: Re-signed by TB)

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Can we get to 100 pages by April?

If we do, I'll be the one spamming!

This guy has never had a season of less than 1,000 yards, regardless of who is throwing to him! Cut everyone but Josh & sign him!

Wants the highest contract for wr in the nfl and deserves it. No way we could afford him and this is coming from a guy who believes we could make a ton of cap space and can sign a marquee guy or two.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Can we get to 100 pages by April?

simon cowell facepalm GIF

I mean, can it get to 100? With this board, probably. Should it? No. The Hopkins and OBJ threads were WAY more rational and realistic compared to this.

That said, it's good he's hitting the market. Someone will pay a King's Ransom for him and remove themselves from Round 1 WR conversation.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

We can't afford him

Probably not. It sure would be fun though. We would have to pull every lever we had and probably include a couple void years at the end to minimize his cap hit in 2024. Cut Morse, cut White, cut Poyer, maybe even restructure Diggs as much as that seems like a bad idea. All of that plus the extra $12.9 million in cap space, I think it would be feasible and give the current regime one or two last all-in years before they either close the deal or we let another regime handle the rebuild.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Probably not. It sure would be fun though. We would have to pull every lever we had and probably include a couple void years at the end to minimize his cap hit in 2024. Cut Morse, cut White, cut Poyer, maybe even restructure Diggs as much as that seems like a bad idea. All of that plus the extra $12.9 million in cap space, I think it would be feasible and give the current regime one or two last all-in years before they either close the deal or we let another regime handle the rebuild.

I had fun last year and it brought me nothing but pain.

I won’t get hurt again.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Can't they just franchise tag him?  Or did they already say they weren't going to do that?

The tag would cost 21 million. Just too rich for the Bucaneers blood when thy need to sign a qb to a rich contract in Mayfield and Winfield whom they tagged.

4 minutes ago, dje85 said:

The tag would cost 21 million. Just too rich for the Bucaneers blood when thy need to sign a qb to a rich contract in Mayfield and Winfield whom they tagged.

I feel like he'll get more than 21 mil from someone else, but could be wrong.  I'd expect 25-30 mil. 

• Agree 1