Matt Araiza signs with Chiefs

All punter jokes aside, this actually is a pretty big deal. 

The fact that Araiza can flip field position from just about anywhere means good luck getting a "short field" against a great defense next year.

Field position is a huge part of the game...

If anything, hopefully these big punts will lead to big returns here and there...

• Agree 1

Not real surprising is it the Bills always talk about players being family & it seemed as soon as his story came out they dumped him before they knew any details . 

Isn't it kind of ironic that if you owe a player $120 million he gets to stay with the team . Oh and even though charges were filed your girlfriend changes her mind after she is no longer P Oed and nothing else is ever mentioned about the incident .

I really don't know what tho think about this because it's like you are guilty before you are proven innocent (in some cases) & now he probably reached out to the Chiefs to put the screws to the Bills in some way .

I just hope karma doesn't make the Bills it's B***H .

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Townsend is one of the best punter's in the league so it will probably be a downgrade.  I get why this is significant news though as it ventures into societal issues/debates outside football.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

Hahahahaha I love the hate in here! If the Bills had signed him, there would’ve been 3 pages of complaining about his problems, doesn’t know how to hold the ball for kicks, blah blah blah. He signs with the Chiefs and all of a sudden the Bills didn’t sign this all world punter 🤦‍♂️

Would there though? I think majority of fans wanted him back last year when Sam Martin was struggling.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Not real surprising is it the Bills always talk about players being family & it seemed as soon as his story came out they dumped him before they knew any details . 

Isn't it kind of ironic that if you owe a player $120 million he gets to stay with the team . Oh and even though charges were filed your girlfriend changes her mind after she is no longer P Oed and nothing else is ever mentioned about the incident .

I really don't know what tho think about this because it's like you are guilty before you are proven innocent (in some cases) & now he probably reached out to the Chiefs to put the screws to the Bills in some way .

I just hope karma doesn't make the Bills it's B***H .

I think that Bills Chicks group really led the charge in getting him cut. If fans didn’t immediately take sides and waited for it all to play out, the organization wouldn’t have been under immense pressure to act without evidence. I just think a non-football related suspension would’ve been more fair than an outright cut.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Amen b0rther!1! The Chiefs are a bacon of hope in a sea of cowardess. 

Bacon 🥓 hmm 

If you don't think they talked about how this would troll the Bills, you aren't paying attention.  They absolutely brought this up when considering signing him.  Not necessarily a reason to sign him, but more of an added bonus.  And that's fine.....  They don't punt against us in the Playoffs anyway so it isn't going to hurt us much.  But regardless, you just knew it would be the Chiefs. 

He should have been signed back to the Bills already and competing in our camp for a job, but you know.....guilty until proven innocent and then even after being cleared, still not good enough to bring him back.  Meanwhile, we have a guy making too much money that spent 3/4 of the season shanking punts and holding for a kicker that had his worst year as a pro.  But sure....status quo.  (And the coach of the worst special teams unit in the league is still employed here as well).  

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Brand J said:

In hindsight, I wonder if a suspension while the legal issues played out would’ve made more sense than an outright cut? If there was sufficient evidence for the Bills to believe he was guilty, cool, cut him. But at the time there was only he said/she said and an annoying lawyer on the woman’s side making unprofessional threats. 

Wasnt eligible for suspensions of Commish lists because the incidents happened before he was in the NFL.

I'm happy to see Araisa get his opportunity. It would have been a real shame for an innocent person to have his career destroyed by a careless accusation. Would have liked for the Bills to have given him that opportunity once he cleared himself, as the Bills asked him to do.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It's like they're rubbing our noses in it. 

I seriously hate them more than NE.

You hate them more than NE because they are the ones doing it now…

They got at least a decade to go to get to NE levels of hate for me..

7 minutes ago, Brand J said:

I think that Bills Chicks group really led the charge in getting him cut. If fans didn’t immediately take sides and waited for it all to play out, the organization wouldn’t have been under immense pressure to act without evidence. I just think a non-football related suspension would’ve been more fair than an outright cut.

Wasnt an option. Had nothing to do with social media pressure.

The Bills had two options:

Keep him on the roster through the entire trial, and keep the ensuing media circus and constant distraction around.

Or cut him.

And frankly, I'm sure Beane and the FO felt lied to in their due diligence that knew about this but they were assured that nothing would come of it, only for ***** to hit the fan a couple months later.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

They already have one of the best punters in the league. I doubt Punt God makes their team but for his sake he shows something and someone else signs him. I'd love it if he came back here as he can flip the field which in some games vital. 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wasnt an option. Had nothing to do with social media pressure.

The Bills had two options:

Keep him on the roster through the entire trial, and keep the ensuing media circus and constant distraction around.

Or cut him.

We could have signed him the practice squad after the cut though and at least held his rights a little longer to see how things finished.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Would there though? I think majority of fans wanted him back last year when Sam Martin was struggling.

If there’s one thing the internet does well, it’s complain just to complain 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the reason that this  is news is that the Chiefs are at the top and it doesn’t seem like they plan on giving up the reign anytime soon.  

Every move they make  is an attempt to stay ahead of well everyone else.. I am not saying all their moves work out. 

But we know they got a Punter who can boom the ball. Will probably be considerably less than resigning their previous punter.

They signed a guy who we kicked to the dirt. 

The icing on the cake for me would be a mock draft that I just saw where first pick we take an Edge, and the Chiefs take.. you guessed it a Wr. 

I think they have a better vision than us to reach a title or our vision is sound but something keeps holding us back. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1