Next year, it’s our Lombardi.

Beast

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Here is the Bills vs KC

2023 1-1 RS W14(R) W - 20-17; DP(H) L-24-27

2022 1-0 RS W6(R) W - 24-20

2021 1-1 RS W5(R) W - 38-20; DP(R) L 36-42

2020 0-2 RS W6(H) L - 17-26; CC(R) L-24-38

In the last 4 years we are 3-4 against the Chiefs 3-1 RS, 0-3 in the playoffs.  The point differential is -11 (stemming from getting blown out in the 2020 CC). Over the last 3 seasons, we are 3-2 with a +16 pt differential. 

No team is closer to the Chiefs level than us. With a little luck in the health department, we beat the KC this past season.  Add some astute additions by Beane plus a little luck in the health department this coming season, we will be the best team in the AFC.

I agree with your conclusion because I've made the same comparisons in my head.  

If our injury luck improves, we can close the gap.  But to overtake the Chiefs will require some skillful wheeling and dealing from Beane.  We have a lot of players becoming FAs and a lot of holes.  

In addition to a strong roster, though, you need three critical guys to lead a football team to the Super Bowl: a good GM; a good HC; and a good coordinator for the other side of the ball. 

The Chiefs have Veach, Reid, and Spags.  We have Beane, McD, and Brady.

I like our Big Three.  But theirs is better.  

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Does this same mindset apply only when we play the Chiefs? Because it sure as heck didn’t help when we lost to the Bengals last year. And most likely won’t when we face some other team next season. You HAVE TO be ready in the moment, regardless of the opponent….and under McD the Bills simply haven’t been. 

What are you even arguing against here?  Dude asked me why I had hope.  I answered him.  Wth are you even talking about? You hate McD.  Cool.  You don’t have to try and pick a fight with everyone that is accepting of things they cannot change.  

I’m a fan of the Buffalo bills. It’s my favorite pastime.  I like to carry hope into the offseason rather than crying on message boards about things that I have accepted. McD is our coach.  I’ve accepted that. I think that we played the champs down to the finals seconds after defeating them just a few weeks prior.  if our players had made a few more plays, we could have won.  Maybe if McD did some different things we could have won too.  I don’t think we’re that far away. 

As a fan, you can have hope or no hope.  Having no hope sucks.  Enjoy it

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Beast said:

Laugh all you ***** want.

The Bills and Bills Mafia will be celebrating our ever living asses off next February.

Just wait and see.

Gee thanks for letting us know.  I wasn’t sure but now I feel relieved.  On a serious note.. Cowboy fans are known for exactly this type of nonsense and I guess it has spilled into the Buffalo area and Bills fans.  So all of a sudden McDermott will coach better than Andy Reid?  You know that Josh Allen will have the ball last and Stefan Diggs will make a clutch catch when needed?  All of that is in effect for 2024?

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree with your conclusion because I've made the same comparisons in my head.  

If our injury luck improves, we can close the gap.  But to overtake the Chiefs will require some skillful wheeling and dealing from Beane.  We have a lot of players becoming FAs and a lot of holes.  

In addition to a strong roster, though, you need three critical guys to lead a football team to the Super Bowl: a good GM; a good HC; and a good coordinator for the other side of the ball. 

The Chiefs have Veach, Reid, and Spags.  We have Beane, McD, and Brady.

I like our Big Three.  But theirs is better.  

I agree, but according to a lot of bitter souls on this board, it's Einstein vs. a hopeless Neanderthal.

We're good enough to beat them. Injury luck is beyond calculation. What we can do is get Josh a better WR room.

They have to draft well, and get younger on DL and at S. None of that is impossible, or even improbable.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The Chiefs will be better and we will be worse. Our coaching is awful under pressure situations and coaching always wins the Super Bowls. I am actually very thankful that we did not make it to the Super Bowl this year because it would’ve been another terrible letdown. I think we will have a good shot at it year after next, though.

I actually said the same exact thing…I would rather lose in the 2nd round than in the superbowl…

People forget about divisional round losses…But Super Bowl losses are forever, and we would definitely lose if we ever went back again…

So I’m good just watching Josh rock out every week…What I don’t need is another superbowl loss…I’m good on that…😉

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Coaching will improve.  McDermott improves every season, because he demands it of himself.

This has got to be a joke. The man literally lost us a game. He straight up lost it. We beat the Broncos if our head coach makes sure there are 11 men on the field. That's the kinda thing that would get a coach laughed out of the room. And he did it in his seventh year.

The only reason I think maybe he "learns" and makes some tough changes to his coaching is how thoroughly embarrassed he was by Ty Dunne's piece.

But regardless, this is a man who prides himself on his defense. And EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. his defense gets shredded in our elimination game. Why on earth should I expect he will get it done next year? He won't. And it'll be cuz Dorian Williams sprained his ankle. Or because Greg Rousseau had a wrist injury. Or whatever the *****. It'll just be more excuses as to why we lost 40-37 to CJ Stroud in a divisional round matchup in Orchard Park.

Edited by Jim
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, Beast said:

Laugh all you ***** want.

The Bills and Bills Mafia will be celebrating our ever living asses off next February.

Just wait and see.

No disrespect Beast... I am just sick and tired of reading this at the end of every season. 

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I actually said the same exact thing…I would rather lose in the 2nd round than in the superbowl…

People forget about divisional round losses…But Super Bowl losses are forever, and we would definitely lose if we ever went back again…

So I’m good just watching Josh rock out every week…What I don’t need is another superbowl loss…I’m good on that…😉

I’ve thought that since the mid-90’s.  Don’t want to be in it unless we have the team to win the thing.  I don’t think the Bills would’ve beaten Baltimore anyway. We didn’t have the D the Chiefs had. I have relatives from Baltimore and they agreed the Bass missed FG and Bills loss ultimately cost the Ravens a SB appearance.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Jim said:

This has got to be a joke. The man literally lost us a game. He straight up lost it. We beat the Broncos if our head coach makes sure there are 11 men on the field. That's the kinda thing that would get a coach laughed out of the room. And he did it in his seventh year.

The only reason I think maybe he "learns" and makes some tough changes to his coaching is how thoroughly embarrassed he was by Ty Dunne's piece.

But regardless, this is a man who prides himself on his defense. And EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. his defense gets shredded in our elimination game. Why on earth should I expect he will get it done next year? He won't. And it'll be cuz Dorian Williams sprained his ankle. Or because Greg Rousseau had a wrist injury. Or whatever the *****. It'll just be more excuses as to why we lost 40-37 to CJ Stroud in a divisional round matchup in Orchard Park.

You’re talking about a regular season game.  He lost a regular season game…..so that means that he hasn’t improved?  

by the looks of it, you should find a different past time.  This might be too much for you to handle.  

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Exactly.

And the reason to be optimistic is that because the margin between how good the Chiefs (and a few other teams) are and how good the Bills are is so small only marginal improvement is necessary to be the best.   So, for example, would you rather be, today, the Bills or the Browns?   Would you rather be, today, the Bills or the Colts?  

Small improvement is all that's necessary.   McBeane aren't limiting their objectives to small improvements only - they'll go big every time it makes sense, like going after Miller.  But all they need is small improvement to be the best team in the league, small compared to how much improvement everyone else has to achieve to be the best.  

Think about the improvement that is reasonable to expect:  Player improvement:   Allen, Cook, Kincaid, Torrence, Bernard, Milano back, Benford, Rapp.  And, yes, the receiving corps will improve.  Coaching will improve.  McDermott improves every season, because he demands it of himself.  Brady is likely to improve (altho Dorsey didn't seem to).  Through film study, the offenses and defenses will be adjusted, everything will be worked on much will improve.  The whole point of McDermott's process is to create year-after-year improvement in all aspects of how the team functions.  

If I own the second or third or fourth best team in the league, I like where I am, because I know that my team has a better chance to become the best than 25 or 28 other teams.  I'm going to keep building on what I have. 

My only problem with this is it is exactly where we have been since "13 seconds" and it is where we still are now, so I'm at the point where I will believe it when I see it.

I made a post a couple weeks ago how I eventually took this loss just as hard as 13 seconds.  It was an unpopular take, understandably so.  Thing is, I didn't say this in the post, but I now realize the main reason for how I felt about the game is because after "13 seconds" happened, we were ITCHING to get another shot at the Chiefs.  There was no way in hell we were going to come up short again, right?  And yet we did, again, in the form of shooting ourselves in the foot, again, after being in the best possible position to leave our own stadium with a walk-off TD  (because if we had continued milking the clock en route to a TD, we probably make KC spend their last 2 time outs in the process, with very little time remaining and this time they would need a TD, not a FG).  

And after all that, after being in that position only for this to happen AGAIN, was a hell of a gut punch and I can't help but wonder why I should be optimistic next time around if we couldn't take advantage of an incredible opportunity this time... 

And trust me, on the surface, I feel like you, because I have to believe in the Bills, but deep down, this is the reality based on what I have been witnessing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Jim said:

Why shouldn't we have a loser mentality? This the town that celebrates Scott Norwood and chants his name after he blows our greatest opportunity to win a Super Bowl? The town who shows up to the airport to greet our losers after they lose.

So yes, we have a shot every year and we blow it. We bring in nice guys with feel good stories and the one scumbag we bring in (Von) ends up being a ***** bust. Josh is wonderful, amazing, but his coach is a loser who was fired by one of the all time great winners.

Perhaps if the team wants to get serious about winning, we start by replacing cute stories like Damar Hamlin with actual players who can contribute. Damar seems like a wonderful man and it's beautiful that he is still alive and breathing. But pay him to be a brand ambassador or something. Don't snap the ball to him in a critical playoff moment. And while we're at it, if Tre White is brought back at his current deal then this, even more than Hamlin, shows that this is not a team who is committed to winning. If there is ANY way he comes back he needs to take a MAJOR pay cut or they can send his ass packing. Sucks that he got hurt, but he's being paid top of the line money and honestly the only Tre White play I remember from '21, '22 or '23 is him giving up one of those inexplicable catches to Garrett Wilson in the Jets game that resulted in a TD. But surely, Sean and Brandon "really believe in Tre and he's making great strides and he's a big part of this team," which means a severely compromised Tre should be back on the field by November 2024 and should probably start playing at a reasonable level by October 2025.

And if a player shows you who he is, like Tyler Bass, cut him yesterday. He totally showed his ass this postseason. Looked like an absolutely amateur when trying to lock-up the Pittsburgh game, and the less said about his big KC kick, the better. He doesn't "deserve another chance." He was a total drag on this team all postseason, and honestly I even question him on 13 seconds. I know he's "just a kicker" but was our entire sideline so braindead that nobody thought to ask that kicking the ball out of the end zone might not be the best course of action?

And speaking of that, McDermott's decision making really must be compromised. How did he look at what Sam Martin was doing the week before the KC playoff game and think that guy could punt? If it looked anything like the garbage we saw that night, McD needs his brain checked. The guy couldn't kick. And apparently his holding expertise wasn't needed with little Norwood Jr, cuz that ***** wasn't hitting the broadside of a barn in a clutch moment this postseason.

Or putting AJ Klein on Kelce? I thought McD was a defensive guru. I don't pretend to know football like he does, but I probably coulda told you that a recently retired, washed up, slow SOB was not a good choice to put on the best tight end in the game, but what do I know?

Next year we won't have 12 men on the field in a critical moment or play the sidelines against a team down three with three timeouts. Surely we won't have our all-world QB leave the field with a lead multiple times to lose to the absolute dregs of the league. We won't come within a hairs breadth of losing to Easton Stick. Von Miller is totally gonna show up. And Greg Rousseau will become a game changer. And Ed Oliver will show up in the playoffs.

Also don't forget....

image.png.bc7b3bef55ae1b966f93c292930e05ab.png  

Actually, no you're not. You're a loudmouth who doesn't show up when the big moment calls for it. At least not in Buffalo. But keep talkin' Stef. Maybe you can join your bro in Dallas soon.

Well said!! Cheers lad!!

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re talking about a regular season game.  He lost a regular season game…..so that means that he hasn’t improved?  

by the looks of it, you should find a different past time.  This might be too much for you to handle.  

Yes, he lost a regular season game because he couldn't count. A regular season game that very well could've kept us out of a playoff spot.

Also, where has he improved? Clock management? Did a hell of a job with that against KC in the divisional round, that's for sure. Whatever he's learned about getting the most out of his defense in the playoffs hasn't amounted to *****-all. Every time a McDermott defense encounters a QB better than Skyler Thompson or Mason Rudolph in the playoffs, they get absolutely lit the ***** up. On aggressiveness, sure, I'll give you that, he's seemed to get a bit ballsier, at least against Miami. He gave the ball to his best player and had him win it for us. Against KC, apparently he thought we were in a Disney movie and that Damar was gonna score a touchdown on the fake and that the team was gonna carry him off the field on their shoulders as people wept in the stands.

Seriously, McDermott thought our best course of action was to have Damar Hamlin run a fake punt. Don't put the ball in Josh Allen's hands, or even a player with some special talent. No, let's put it in career backup Damar Hamlin's hands cuz it woulda been such a beautiful moment.

By the looks of it, Sean should have to find a new job. It's definitely shown it is too much for him to handle.

Edited by Jim
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jim said:

The worst part of the Denver game was challenging the 9 yard completion on first down.  Idiotic decision that late in the game, when you needed the time out more than 9 yards.  He doesn't learn from his mistakes, he just keeps on making the same ones over and over.

As I watched Kelce and Mahomes brag about the chance to win 3 in a row, it occurred to me the huge opportunity the Bills have to make them weep next year when we knock them out. I can’t wait to see the sad look on their faces. 

Bills win SB in 2025 and 2026 and we are looking at 3 in a row!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

As I watched Kelce and Mahomes brag about the chance to win 3 in a row, it occurred to me the huge opportunity the Bills have to make them weep next year when we knock them out. I can’t wait to see the sad look on their faces. 

Bills win SB in 2025 and 2026 and we are looking at 3 in a row!! 

Kinda like the ‘huge opportunity’ the Bills had at home this year to ‘make them weep’ and not go back to back. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.