Bills to add Ronald Curry as quarterbacks coach (updated)

Roundybout

I always thought Curry would pursue basketball over football. The money’s better, less to spread around. 

EDIT: Just watched the video @KDIGGZ posted. I know there have been numerous McDonald All Americans who have flamed out in college, but Curry’s free fall as the number one recruit in the nation was pretty hard to fathom. He went to UNC and became a dud. Maybe too many focuses at once.

Edited by Brand J
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Accountable for what?

People want to see Josh get screamed at on the sidelines every time he makes a mistake. They want this because the team won't let them do it. It's like "Josh Allen, that INT that you just threw ruined my entire Sunday! Why is no one letting him know that!!!!" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Imagine if we had of traded for McCaffrey!

McCaffrey’s probably not dropping those passes that went off of Cook’s hands. Cook needs to hit the jugs machine in the offseason. I’d say he also needs to do the hand/eye coordination drills Knox did, but Knox is still dropping gimmes, so maybe those are a waste of time. 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

So, Curry is familiar with Harty?

"Going forward, his role will increase just because he's been here for a year, and he's going to be able to compete," wide receivers coach Ronald Curry said this summer. "It's kind of the same situation as far as the receiver numbers that are back, but he's a special talent."

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/saints-wr-deonte-harris-on-playing-an-increased-role-on-offense-the-more-they-give/article_17f31d44-eaf3-11ea-8460-07bbd64f906b.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Maybe having one of the best pass catching RB's in the game (Alvin Kamara with 75 catches) had something to do with this...although Cook has a skill set that could flourish...Cook has to eliminate the drops.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/12138967

no it was a completely dysfunctional offense and a trainwreck that relied on “we can’t do anything else” and resulted in kamara having his lowest yards per catch in his career  

33 minutes ago, Brand J said:

McCaffrey’s probably not dropping those passes that went off of Cook’s hands. Cook needs to hit the jugs machine in the offseason. I’d say he also needs to do the hand/eye coordination drills Knox did, but Knox is still dropping gimmes, so maybe those are a waste of time. 

Cook is going to drop passes his whole career and all the jugs work isn't going to help much.  I just see more focus in CMC than I do in James Cook. 

• Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Makes you think whether we're actually gonna pick up another RB in the draft, unlikely I know

Kamara yards per rec were on the low end of RB's. Most guys with similar targets are in the 8 yards per range while Kamara was 6 yards per. Cook had the same yardage on 30 less receptions. Sounds like we are going to even more behind the LOS and really short passes...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.