NFL MVP

Bills!Win!

Funny how when everyone was saying he choked in the playoffs Ravens fans defended him saying it’s the coaches fault for not running the ball like they did in regular season. MVP my ass! NFL is a ***** joke and this ad their pro bowl format is ridiculous:

Edited by BananaB

6 minutes ago, balln said:

https://wtop.com/nfl/2024/02/panel-of-voters-for-ap-nfl-awards/

Haha ok. This is a joke.

I thought it was like old school newspaper / beat sports guys. 

BRUSCHI! ACHO!

edit : Vic is dead to me

The guy has been a mess for a while. Idk how many times I saw him talk about a game that just happened and nothing he talked about happened in the game. Like completely made stuff up. 

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

The guy has been a mess for a while. Idk how many times I saw him talk about a game that just happened and nothing he talked about happened in the game. Like completely made stuff up. 

I used to care about this award. Never. Again. I thot it was like 50 lesser known guys like Vic carucci around the country voting. Real

sports guys / girls. I also don’t care if anyone brings up mvp / all pro in describing the greatness of players - at least this generation and going forward

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, MJS said:

I hear this argument a lot, but I don't like it. I mean, I agree that Josh deserves it just as much, if not more, than Lamar, but the NFL MVP is not about who is most valuable on their respective team, it is about who is most valuable league wide.

You could have a bad team who's QB does Why do you think this? The Ravens had the #1 defense and better receivers. Why would Josh Allen not perform just as well, if not better, than Lamar? Josh is a better passer and just as big of a threat running it.

The Ravens have better receivers?  It's subjective, I guess but I disagree.

And the answer is turnovers.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, julian said:

Lamar wasn’t even in the conversation in any serious way until he put up a 5 TD game late in the season that allowed any serious consideration to begin.

Allen will not win it unless or until he has a single season INT season that prevents the talking heads from continuously bashing him over and over day after day week after week, you can’t believe the actual voters would listen to that all year and then cast a vote in his name.

FOUR straight 40+ TD seasons lol.. the numbers this dude is putting are are absolutely ridiculous… we’re very lucky to be Bills fans right now

That will never happen. Allen is probably a lock for 12-15 INT's a year. It's his style of play that will lead to that. Allen is similar to Favre in that he has a gun slinger's mentality. He will take chances and be aggressive. It's a big reason why he makes so many great plays. On the downside is it will lead to turnovers from time to time. The Bills and Bills fans are OK living with that because the good plays far out way the bad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If going 11-6 and not winning MVP is what it takes for Josh to not come out and give games away (a la NYJ week 1), I’m all for it.  The league is all about winning, not just making great plays.

where was Allen on the OT punt return that won it for the jets……..

13 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

The Ravens have better receivers?  It's subjective, I guess but I disagree.

Beckham, Flowers, Bateman, and Agholor is way better than what the Bills have at receiver.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Turnovers were overblown because it became a meme for Josh, and it blinded everyone to how great he was otherwise. It's like gorgeous women with a zit on her forehead. 

36 minutes ago, balln said:

I used to care about this award. Never. Again. I thot it was like 50 lesser known guys like Vic carucci around the country voting. Real

sports guys / girls. I also don’t care if anyone brings up mvp / all pro in describing the greatness of players - at least this generation and going forward

It's still a pretty good list of credible people. Sure, there are a few numpties on it, but there always would have been even in the old days of it being all local print journos. The nutty people will have just been less high profile. The point of the way they do all pro and MVP voting is that the pool is big enough to make sure one or two eccentric people should be drowned out in the crowd. Doesn't always work mind you. Cole Beasley ended up a 2nd team all pro with one vote a few years back because there was such overwhelming consensus about the top 5 receivers that year. 

Edited by GunnerBill

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Is everyone done crying yet?

There will never be a MVP with an 11-6 team that has committed 23 turnovers, unless they've broken a record of some sort.  It's just not happening.  

😂 Records? How much time do you have for the list Josh set this year? So much for that take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

Mina Kimes, haha...

She’s probably one of the most deserving on the list lol. I’m not sure I understand Dianna Russini having a vote. Isn’t she just a rumor reporter ala Schefter? I don’t think I’ve ever seen her provide analysis but maybe I just haven’t noticed.

8 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What I find interesting is that 24 out of the 50 voters left Josh entirely off their ballot. In what world does he not deserve at least a top 5 vote for this season ? 

The world where the media doesn't view the Bills as the loveable losers anymore.  The Media loves winners. While the Bills are great in the regular season they never get there at the end. IMO the national media is tired of hyping the Bills when they can't finish the job. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Is everyone done crying yet?

There will never be a MVP with an 11-6 team that has committed 23 turnovers, unless they've broken a record of some sort.  It's just not happening.  

Dude, Josh collects records like Pokémon cards.  Shall we book a weekend in the conference room to go over the list?  He also already has more gear being displayed in the HoF than most people already in the HoF.

So all Lamar needs to do is going forward is throw for 3000 yards 25 TDs and run for about 5 TDs and he is automatic and unani.mous MVP. What a joke the NFL has become, where would the Bills be if Josh only had Lamars numbers. 

I'll say it, the NFL is woke and Lamar won it because of his skin color, it's what they wanted, todays NFL is scripted beyond belief and it's disgusting. Prove me wrong, there are others way more deserving!

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Roquan Smith

Not that he was.  Just answering the question.  

Meh-  1 int.  1 FF.  0 FR.  If someone thinks he’s the team mvp, they need a clue. 

9 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Their defense. That's what kept them in games for the first 3/4 of the season. Lamar didn't do anything until December. He wasn't even in the MVP conversation until the 49ers lost to the Ravens and Purdy lost the MVP. Then all of a sudden everyone was saying how good Lamar was. 

Their defense is the most valuable PLAYER.  Got it

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Lamar was a very deserving MVP. I have said all along that in the absence of a QB walking away with it (and definitely none did this year) I'd have voted for non-QBs this time. Hill and CMC. 

But the Quarterback of the #1 seed is pretty par for the course in the way the voting for this award goes. 

Narratives also matter for MVP. Lamar and the Ravens smacked a couple great teams in a row and ended some MVP candidacy. 

I personally believe Allen would have had a decent chance to win if he put up some insane stat lines during our win streak. Unfortunately, there was no 300 yard 4 TD performance, and the Ravens never faltered. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.