NFL MVP

Bills!Win!

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

where was Allen on the OT punt return that won it for the jets……..

All of the losses were far from Allen’s fault, but the Jets game is the last one I’d try to make that argument.  He gave the game away in the second half, in primetime Week 1 against Zach Wilson.  That’s an embarrassing loss and Josh then fought the turnover narrative all season.  Game shouldn’t have gotten to OT.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Narratives also matter for MVP. Lamar and the Ravens smacked a couple great teams in a row and ended some MVP candidacy. 

I personally believe Allen would have had a decent chance to win if he put up some insane stat lines during our win streak. Unfortunately, there was no 300 yard 4 TD performance, and the Ravens never faltered. 

until it mattered.

they're the Ravens. No one should take them seriously in January. Ever.

6 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

So all Lamar needs to do is going forward is throw for 3000 yards 25 TDs and run for about 5 TDs and he is automatic and unani.mous MVP. What a joke the NFL has become, where would the Bills be if Josh only had Lamars numbers. 

I'll say it, the NFL is woke and Lamar won it because of his skin color, it's what they wanted, todays NFL is scripted beyond belief and it's disgusting. Prove me wrong, there are others way more deserving!

No, he just needs the other elite qbs to lose twice as many games and turn the ball over a bunch.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

https://wtop.com/nfl/2024/02/panel-of-voters-for-ap-nfl-awards/

Haha ok. This is a joke.

I thought it was like old school newspaper / beat sports guys. 

BRUSCHI! ACHO!

edit : Vic is dead to me

That’s quite the list of distinguished journalists on that AP panel. 🙄 Don’t know why I didn’t know this. Certainly, explains why what all the talking heads say on this award come to fruition. They are the ones voting and groupthink (without much substance) is strong with that crew. What a joke!

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Funny how when everyone was saying he choked in the playoffs Ravens fans defended him saying it’s the coaches fault for not running the ball like they did in regular season. MVP my ass! NFL is a ***** joke and this ad their pro bowl format is ridiculous:

Didn’t the Bills win streak down the stretch happen right after they started running the ball more?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Meh-  1 int.  1 FF.  0 FR.  If someone thinks he’s the team mvp, they need a clue. 

That looks like Tremaine Edmunds Pro bowl year.

Which is kind of my point.  Reading a stat sheet is all these voters do just like you did.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

The world where the media doesn't view the Bills as the loveable losers anymore.  The Media loves winners. While the Bills are great in the regular season they never get there at the end. IMO the national media is tired of hyping the Bills when they can't finish the job. 

The same could be said of the Ravens.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Is everyone done crying yet?

There will never be a MVP with an 11-6 team that has committed 23 turnovers, unless they've broken a record of some sort.  It's just not happening.  

I can understand Josh not getting it. The turnover record was too much despite the amount in the positive column.

But Jackson did little more than his job this season. The Ravens defense carried them as much if not more. Him getting MVP over the likes of McCaffrey and Hill is ridiculous. Heck, if it had to go to a QB, Mahomes deserved it more than him.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That looks like Tremaine Edmunds Pro bowl year.

Which is kind of my point.  Reading a stat sheet is all these voters do just like you did.

It certain cases that’s all you have to do. Like in Josh’s case this year.  Just look at the turnovers and the losses. Both matter to mvp voters.  

As for off ball LBers to be a teams most valuable player, tackles don’t cut it.  Turnovers and sacks separate the good from the greats.  Smiths 8 PBs are solid- but I don’t he how raking up a bunch of tackles and a PB every other game would make him more valuable that Lamar.  

2 hours ago, balln said:

https://wtop.com/nfl/2024/02/panel-of-voters-for-ap-nfl-awards/

Haha ok. This is a joke.

I thought it was like old school newspaper / beat sports guys. 

BRUSCHI! ACHO!

edit : Vic is dead to me

I think posters on a message board put more thought into this than the TV personalities that vote for it. Looking at that list, does anybody think most of those people put 2 seconds of thought into it? I doubt most could even articulate why they voted a certain way if put on the spot. They probably thought “who is everybody else voting for” and that was that. Voting against the grain could be damaging career-wise. Probably why that guy felt the need to write a short novel explaining why he voted for Allen.

Not to mention that 80% of that list is employed by the same 3 companies. So they probably just vote with whoever their employer has been pushing.

I don’t care about this award anymore. I thought it was voted on by newspaper sports journalists, not bobblehead TV personalities that serve up hot takes for clicks/views.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

It has to be Kelce ... he's in the Super Bowl for the 4th time in the last 5 years and he's ******* the hot Billionaire.

How do you know she’s letting him do her? She is on record as having many “bad” relationships. Maybe this time, she’s keeping the lid on the cookie jar locked until it gets more serious.

I know I’m somewhat “poking fun” here, but seriously, why do so many people assume that they are just fornicating like wild animals? Is there any proof to that at all?

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

until it mattered.

The MVP is a regular season award.

I tried to believe in Lamar and that this year was different, but in my mind, he is Dak East and I won’t trust him in the playoffs until he wins it all, and maybe not even then.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Thanks. Seems like the right guys at the top of the lists with how the advanced #'s worked out in this article.

if only the general media were as smart as Aaron.

33 minutes ago, boyst said:

until it mattered.

They do have 2 Super Bowl wins in their history. Granted it was during the Ray Lewis era but still they have done something twice that the Bills have never done.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It certain cases that’s all you have to do. Like in Josh’s case this year.  Just look at the turnovers and the losses. Both matter to mvp voters.  

As for off ball LBers to be a teams most valuable player, tackles don’t cut it.  Turnovers and sacks separate the good from the greats.  Smiths 8 PBs are solid- but I don’t he how raking up a bunch of tackles and a PB every other game would make him more valuable that Lamar.  

Which is why Allen will never win MVP and why guys like Edmunds and Smith are pro bowlers.  The narrative is the lack of consistency with Allen (which to be fair, is accurate) but at the same time, the other guys will never win you the game on their own, Allen and Lamar can and have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.