Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

44 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, really. Easy money at this point. At -230 and things being the way they are, you probably have to bet a lot of money to make a couple bucks.

Bet $2300, get $3300 back in September. 43% return in 4 months aint too shabby.

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

Wait.  We can put money on Diggs playing for the Bills this year????!!!??

WHY isn't every Bills fan plopping down loot on this?!?!

Not in NY you can't 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Process said:

-230 seems like free money

Can someone who is a Betting Savant please translate that for me?

It kind of looks to me like they're saying you have to bet $230 to get your stake + $100 back if Diggs is on the Bills?  (What Process means by "free money"?)

On the other hand, if you bet $100 and Diggs goes to the Cowboys, you get $400 + $100 which I think means oddsmakers don't think it likely.

Everyone else is higher odds yet.

But I don't bet, and I really don't understand betting lines.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Can someone who is a Betting Savant please translate that for me?

It kind of looks to me like they're saying you have to bet $230 to get your stake + $100 back if Diggs is on the Bills?  (What Process means by "free money"?)

On the other hand, if you bet $100 and Diggs goes to the Cowboys, you get $400 + $100 which I think means oddsmakers don't think it likely.

Everyone else is higher odds yet.

But I don't bet, and I really don't understand betting lines.

You have it exactly. They believe he will be on the Bills so you have to bet more to win less on that scenario.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You have it exactly. They believe he will be on the Bills so you have to bet more to win less on that scenario.

Almost exactly

They believe the betting public believes he will be on the Bills 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So, I haven't read this whole thread...I am one of those in the camp that believes he is not going anywhere...I think it is media driven....though I do think Diggs kinda get off on it too.  Maybe, like Dion Dawkins last week by falsely saying that he had been released, Diggs is just looking for some of that legendary Bills-mafia love. It may be silly for fans to read too much into "cryptic" tweets, but he knows what he is doing. 

Honestly, every time I think I understand the cap/dead money thing, I read something that makes me realize I don't.  The argument that he won't be traded seems mostly based on the fact that it would have a massive negative impact the Bils salary cap situation.  But something I read earlier today said that if they waited until after June 10th to trade him, they would "save 19 million in 2024 cap space, but it would cause 8 million in dead cap money".  Can anyone explain this?

How can you get cap relief, but also incur 8 million in dead cap? It would seem to me. if the Bills did want to trade him it wouldn't be that huge a hardship. Is it like essentially giving 28 million for 19 million? Of course, you would have to find a trade partner...after the draft. But it doesn't seem that un-doable if they simply want to cut ties. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It’s crazy to see him post photos from a shoot he did, and see all the horrible things ‘fans’ say to him.

This man will have NOTHING positive to say about Bills fans when he leaves. 

It's embarrassing. You go on a post of his and see 75% of the replies from delusional fans of other teams BEGGING for him to come play for them, 20% from Bills fans saying they can have him and calling him a cancer (amongst other names), and maybe 5% Bills fans not acting like crazy people.

If you're a Bills fan and you don't like him - just don't follow him and ignore him. It's really simple. The visceral hatred and attacks directly to him are really unnecessary.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It’s crazy to see him post photos from a shoot he did, and see all the horrible things ‘fans’ say to him.

This man will have NOTHING positive to say about Bills fans when he leaves. 

When EJ Manuel and Sammy Watkins were Bills, fans were super ***** toward them. Sammy had an adorable daughter, and pretty much all he posted was pictures of the two of them doing things together. Bills fans would just badger him non-stop saying things like "There is Sammy hard at work doing nothing to ensure he can stay healthy". His family members always defended him, it got really ugly. I was embarrassed, as a Bills fan. Diggs is a fantastic player, but I think, in some ways, he brings a lot of the negativity on himself. While I agree, much of his "drama" is media driven, but he could easily quash it if he wanted. It's like he likes the attention. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Say Stefon Diggs he is an athletic savant. Would you agree his skills set  in his prime was that level?

My guess is most would say Yes. Sometimes extremely talented people are difficult, high maintenance, primadonna-esque tendencies. 

But the man wants to win. period. 

How he made that crucial drop Had to eat at him. The man wants to win and he knows his performance wasn't perfect.

His mind is a mystery to everyone but HIM.  Only he knows the purpose of reason for that he posts.  I doubt a guy will on purpose brain fart in a tweet. But I could be wrong about that too.  Its Twitter. I'm not taking it that seriously.  That's just me though.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

So, I haven't read this whole thread...I am one of those in the camp that believes he is not going anywhere...I think it is media driven....though I do think Diggs kinda get off on it too.  Maybe, like Dion Dawkins last week by falsely saying that he had been released, Diggs is just looking for some of that legendary Bills-mafia love. It may be silly for fans to read too much into "cryptic" tweets, but he knows what he is doing. 

Honestly, every time I think I understand the cap/dead money thing, I read something that makes me realize I don't.  The argument that he won't be traded seems mostly based on the fact that it would have a massive negative impact the Bils salary cap situation.  But something I read earlier today said that if they waited until after June 10th to trade him, they would "save 19 million in 2024 cap space, but it would cause 8 million in dead cap money".  Can anyone explain this?

How can you get cap relief, but also incur 8 million in dead cap? It would seem to me. if the Bills did want to trade him it wouldn't be that huge a hardship. Is it like essentially giving 28 million for 19 million? Of course, you would have to find a trade partner...after the draft. But it doesn't seem that un-doable if they simply want to cut ties. 

I'll give it a go to explain.  Please excuse me if I describe stuff you know, but nothing will make sense unless the basics are known.

NFL contracts are divided into roughly two bins: bonus money, and yearly cash.  

Yearly cash is stuff like salary (paid per game), workout bonuses, and roster bonuses.  Salary may or may not be guaranteed.

Bonus money includes signing bonus paid when the contract is signed, but also option bonuses which can be written into the contract to pay later and restructure bonuses which are when the yearly salary is dropped to vet minimum and the rest is paid out as a restructure bonus.  Here's the thing: the team can chop bonuses up into pieces corresponding to the length of the contract, and a piece assigned to each year of the contract (amortized)

So the cap hit for a player on the roster consists of yearly cash, and the bonus money pieces assigned to that year.  With me so far?  For Diggs, that number is about $27.8M, of which ~$19M is his salary, roster and workout bonuses, and ~$8.8M is the chunk of his signing, option, and restructure bonuses assigned to 2024.

Now here's the next part.  When a player is cut or traded, the team doesn't owe his salary, workout, and roster bonuses any more (unless they are guaranteed).  If he's traded, that money gets paid by the new team.

BUT, all of the player's amortized signing, option and restructure bonuses for this year and subsequent contract years all get added together and lobbed onto this year's cap.  For Diggs, that number would be $31M - about $

Now here's the catch: if a player is cut and designated "post June 1", OR if a player is traded after June 1, only the portion of his bonus money assigned to this year count against the cap this year.  The rest is deferred to next year.

So, we would get "cap relief" this year if Diggs were traded, by handing off his ~$19M salary workout and roster money to his new team, and only counting this year's bonuses of $8.8M against this years cap.

BUT, the rest of the bonuses ($22.3M) would count against the 2025 salary cap.

That's what people mean by "cap relief" if he's traded after June 1, AND the trade partner agrees to take on his salary and workout and roster bonuses.  Of course, you have to find a trade partner who is willing to do that.

22 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Diggs.  Catch the damn ball…

That really ought to be what Allen says to Diggs whenever Diggs yells.  Catch the damned ball, Stefon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'll give it a go to explain.  Please excuse me if I describe stuff you know, but nothing will make sense unless the basics are known.

NFL contracts are divided into roughly two bins: bonus money, and yearly cash.  

Yearly cash is stuff like salary (paid per game), workout bonuses, and roster bonuses.  Salary may or may not be guaranteed.

Bonus money includes signing bonus paid when the contract is signed, but also option bonuses which can be written into the contract to pay later and restructure bonuses which are when the yearly salary is dropped to vet minimum and the rest is paid out as a restructure bonus.  Here's the thing: the team can chop bonuses up into pieces corresponding to the length of the contract, and a piece assigned to each year of the contract (amortized)

So the cap hit for a player on the roster consists of yearly cash, and the bonus money pieces assigned to that year.  With me so far?  For Diggs, that number is about $27.8M, of which ~$19M is his salary, roster and workout bonuses, and ~$8.8M is the chunk of his signing, option, and restructure bonuses assigned to 2024.

Now here's the next part.  When a player is cut or traded, the team doesn't owe his salary, workout, and roster bonuses any more (unless they are guaranteed).  If he's traded, that money gets paid by the new team.

BUT, all of the player's amortized signing, option and restructure bonuses for this year and subsequent contract years all get added together and lobbed onto this year's cap.  For Diggs, that number would be $31M - about $

Now here's the catch: if a player is cut and designated "post June 1", OR if a player is traded after June 1, only the portion of his bonus money assigned to this year count against the cap this year.  The rest is deferred to next year.

So, we would get "cap relief" this year if Diggs were traded, by handing off his ~$19M salary workout and roster money to his new team, and only counting this year's bonuses of $8.8M against this years cap.

BUT, the rest of the bonuses ($22.3M) would count against the 2025 salary cap.

That's what people mean by "cap relief" if he's traded after June 1, AND the trade partner agrees to take on his salary and workout and roster bonuses.  Of course, you have to find a trade partner who is willing to do that.

That really ought to be what Allen says to Diggs whenever Diggs yells.  Catch the damned ball, Stefon.

And that my friends, is your free master class on cap considerations when moving roster pieces around in the offseason…🤗

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It's embarrassing. You go on a post of his and see 75% of the replies from delusional fans of other teams BEGGING for him to come play for them, 20% from Bills fans saying they can have him and calling him a cancer (amongst other names), and maybe 5% Bills fans not acting like crazy people.

If you're a Bills fan and you don't like him - just don't follow him and ignore him. It's really simple. The visceral hatred and attacks directly to him are really unnecessary.

It’s honestly embarrassing as a Bills fan to see threads like this, comments like he gets on social, etc.  

Like I said before, Diggs gets covered worse in the media and treated worse by fans than Tyreek Hill who is a known woman and child abuser who got more women pregnant last year than the Panthers had wins.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s honestly embarrassing as a Bills fan to see threads like this, comments like he gets on social, etc.  

Like I said before, Diggs gets covered worse in the media and treated worse by fans than Tyreek Hill who is a known woman and child abuser who got more women pregnant last year than the Panthers had wins.  

Well then quit posting stupid **** on social media.  Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes.

I don't feel sorry for an athlete who is a multi multi millionaire who posts **** just to mess with folks then catches **** over it.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

he actively trolls them for fun

i just have to underscore that he goes out of his way to upset them just to get off on it 

no one is a winner in it 

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

he actively trolls them for fun

i just have to underscore that he goes out of his way to upset them just to get off on it 

no one is a winner in it 

How does he troll? I’ve never seen it.