Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

10 hours ago, Buftex said:

When EJ Manuel and Sammy Watkins were Bills, fans were super ***** toward them. Sammy had an adorable daughter, and pretty much all he posted was pictures of the two of them doing things together. Bills fans would just badger him non-stop saying things like "There is Sammy hard at work doing nothing to ensure he can stay healthy". His family members always defended him, it got really ugly. I was embarrassed, as a Bills fan. Diggs is a fantastic player, but I think, in some ways, he brings a lot of the negativity on himself. While I agree, much of his "drama" is media driven, but he could easily quash it if he wanted. It's like he likes the attention. 

Thank you.  99% of this is HIS doing, and he can end it any time he wants. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

It’s crazy to see him post photos from a shoot he did, and see all the horrible things ‘fans’ say to him.

This man will have NOTHING positive to say about Bills fans when he leaves. 

Then he'll be an idiot.  Twitter (now X) - all social media these days - is pretty much a sewer.  You can meet the dregs of humanity on there.

If I choose to go walk in a sewer and throw leftover steak around to lure out the rats, when I could instead take a stroll through the beautiful park that is life off social media and look at the beautiful flowering trees and bulbs, watch little bunnies nibbling and see squirrels and deer and look for owls perched in trees, I'd be an idiot.  

I'd be even more of an idiot if I conclude, based on my sewer walk choice, that all animals are rats (or that all Bills fans are horrible).

And I could go further than that.  In the sewer of X, if Diggs chose to post positive content like he did when he first came to Buffalo and posted videos of himself doing incredible sprint workouts where he got up to peak speeds of 21 or 22 mph, or doing catching drills hauling in off-target balls while standing on 1 foot on a balance ball, he'd draw out the well-dressed and best behaved 'rats' to say nice things to him.  But he doesn't, so the well-dressed and best behaved X'er fans have no reason to look at his content and interact, they're frustrated by the obscure "ready for watever" breadcrumbs he tosses down and they leave him alone.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Maybe the idiots getting spun up about a one, two, or three word tweet bear some responsibility?  Clearly Diggs has a work ethic, talent and desire to win.  That irrational fans think a three word entry on social media negates all of that and that we should somehow exhaust a huge chunk of salary cap to make our team less of a contender is not on Diggs.  Luckily it’s also not real life.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Well then quit posting stupid **** on social media.  Play stupid games, you get stupid prizes.

I don't feel sorry for an athlete who is a multi multi millionaire who posts **** just to mess with folks then catches **** over it.

Except he's not really, he has FLAT OUT stated he wants to be a Bill, retire a Bill, loves Josh, and hopes he isn't traded.  You guys just are sooooooo desperate for drama and for every other tweet to mean something nefarious.

What is absolutely crazy to me is that you people actually believe conspiracy theories, rumors, and click bait nonsense more than you actually believe DIRECT FACTS coming out of the mouth of ALL the people in question.  Beane, Josh, Diggs, etc have all flat out made concise and clear statements about Diggs and his future here this year...yet you people disregard all of it as if its NOT true info and instead just make up your own theories using your Cracker Jack Secret Decoder Rings to decipher things to mean something totally different.  

Heck, if I was him, I would just troll all the internet trolls on the regular because it's going to happen no matter what he does or posts.  

So I don't feel sorry for gullible internet slaves who fall for every click bait article and internet rumor that go get themselves all worked up about nothing.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

LMAO...you cant be serious.  HE DID END IT.  

You just chose not to believe his DIRECT statements of wanting to be here, retire a Bill, his desire NOT to be traded, his love for Josh, etc.  Beane ALSO ended it and made it clear they believe in Diggs 100% as a WR1 here this year.  

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Maybe the idiots getting spun up about a one, two, or three word tweet bear some responsibility?  Clearly Diggs has a work ethic, talent and desire to win.  That irrational fans think a three word entry on social media negates all of that and that we should somehow exhaust a huge chunk of salary cap to make our team less of a contender is not on Diggs.  Luckily it’s also not real life.

the guy poking the bear is easier to remedy than is the bear. 

I’d agree anyone getting totally out of sorts over it is silly but it’s exactly what he’s looking to get too. 

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You just chose not to believe his DIRECT statements of wanting to be here, retire a Bill, his desire NOT to be traded, his love for Josh, etc.  Beane ALSO ended it and made it clear they believe in Diggs 100% as a WR1 here this year.  

something about his behavior not matching the words particularly well - no?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

OK Stef. Then stop sending out stupid tweets to perpetuate it. Diva who has disappeared the end of last 2 seasons and playoffs. 

• Eyeroll 4

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the guy poking the bear is easier to remedy than is the bear. 

I’d agree anyone getting totally out of sorts over it is silly but it’s exactly what he’s looking to get too. 

something about his behavior not matching the words particularly well - no?

He stated last year during the season and again this offseason how he gets tired of answering the same questions every time he has already directly answered.  The media keeps trying to bait him into to saying something they can twist to be a click bait, he knows it, and he is over it.  

It doesn't matter what he says, no one believes anything other than the conspiracy they are searching for confirmation bias on which is why they clip pieces of an interview to make it look like it was "cryptic" where if you listen to the whole interview it wasn't.  

He made his stance clear on wanting to remain in Buffalo...what anyone else tries and decipher from every little thing he does is on them, not him.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish I could remember who posted it, but a poster insightfully pointed out that Diggs’ 2022 and 2023 seasons were pretty much the same - great first half, lousy second half.  So what the heck is going on?  I certainly don’t buy the age thing.  Thirty year old receivers don’t fall off a cliff.  So again, why the dramatic drop off in consecutive years?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, noacls said:

OK Stef. Then stop sending out stupid tweets to perpetuate it. Diva who has disappeared the end of last 2 seasons and playoffs. 

Lol, as if that would change anything.  Didn't stop any of you when he came out and said he wants to retire a Bill and hopes he isn't traded...you ALL still piled on him even then and just called him a liar.  

So maybe stop making up stupid narratives off meaningless tweets

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, as if that would change anything.  Didn't stop any of you when he came out and said he wants to retire a Bill and hopes he isn't traded...you ALL still piled on him even then and just called him a liar.  

Maybe you should stop wearing rose colored glasses. 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He stated last year during the season and again this offseason how he gets tired of answering the same questions every time he has already directly answered.  The media keeps trying to bait him into to saying something they can twist to be a click bait, he knows it, and he is over it.  

It doesn't matter what he says, no one believes anything other than the conspiracy they are searching for confirmation bias on which is why they clip pieces of an interview to make it look like it was "cryptic" where if you listen to the whole interview it wasn't.  

He made his stance clear on wanting to remain in Buffalo...what anyone else tries and decipher from every little thing he does is on them, not him.

It's hilarious that some people will want people athletes to be honest and answer the questions....he does but now people are like "but what about the tweets?!?!?"

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

i'm with ya....diggs put this all to bed....for last season (2023).

has he said anything similar for 2024 ?

i mean his brother keeps talking he needs to get out of buffalo, sources in the league (lombardi for one) say he's in play to be traded, diggs himself posts cryptic .

teams and players say positive stuff during the season all the time, hide their true feelings and then before next season even starts they are cut or want out.

he has a history of doing this, forcing his way out, there's too much smoke to be nothing.

i prefer he stays in buffalo and puts this to bed again,  for this season.

22 minutes ago, noacls said:

You see...this is your issue.  You think direct answers are fake and if you believe facts its looking at it with "rose colored glasses" and that its less reliable than the confirmation bias conspiracy theories you tin foil hat wearers come up with.

So maybe you should stop wearing the tin foil hat.

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm with ya....diggs put this all to bed....for last season (2023).

has he said anything similar for 2024 ?

i mean his brother keeps talking he needs to get out of buffalo, sources in the league (lombardi for one) say he's in play to be traded, diggs himself posts cryptic .

teams and players say positive stuff during the season all the time, hide their true feelings and then before next season even starts they are cut or want out.

he has a history of doing this, forcing his way out, there's too much smoke to be nothing.

i prefer he stays in buffalo and puts this to bed again,  for this season.

It was this offseason where he stated he wants to retire a Bill, hopes he isn't traded and that Josh is family.  He made it clear like a month ago he doesn't want to be traded, he directly stated that and directly stated he wants to retire a Bill. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, noacls said:

Better than poop colored ones, imo.  Bills fans are such drama queens that in the offseason we must keep the Houseives franchises in business.  

Michael Lombardi on McAfee just casually talking about how Diggs is available for the right price. 

Mentions it in passing like it’s just common knowledge. 

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Maybe the idiots getting spun up about a one, two, or three word tweet bear some responsibility? 

Of course they do.  But they also likely "are what they are".

My experience from this and other venues: 80% of people are nice, reasonable, well-doing people.

Another 15% can get easily upset, but will calm down and will then listen to other points of view.

There's about 3% that are reactive and pugnacious and need to bang their head into a wall some, to decide maybe the wall won't relocate for the benefit of their skull.

Then there's the remaining 2% who are just not able or willing to interact with any POV but their own.  They "are what they are".

Caveat: I am regularly shocked by some of the well-sourced info @SDS used to bring up (maybe still does) in the Shoutbox about how many Americans believe Q or other conspiracy theories, so maybe my past experience is Out Of Date and it should be remembered that 95% of statistics are made up.

Edited by Beck Water

34 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So your stance is he is emphatically here and doing nothing at all to invite the response he has gotten essentially his entire career?

it’s just a vast media conspiracy against him to create clicks, and he could do nothing to remedy this problem?

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see...this is your issue.  You think direct answers are fake and if you believe facts its looking at it with "rose colored glasses" and that its less reliable than the confirmation bias conspiracy theories you tin foil hat wearers come up with.

So maybe you should stop wearing the tin foil hat.

It was this offseason where he stated he wants to retire a Bill, hopes he isn't traded and that Josh is family.  He made it clear like a month ago he doesn't want to be traded, he directly stated that and directly stated he wants to retire a Bill. 

And this is your issue, your arrogant enough that you think you can tell me how to think. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

So your stance is he is emphatically here and doing nothing at all to invite the response he has gotten essentially his entire career?

it’s just a vast media conspiracy against him to create clicks, and he could do nothing to remedy this problem?

Yup.  Until we hear REAL information that is confirmed and says otherwise.  He was an excellent teammate all season and he declared his desire to retire here this offseason amongst all the nonsense rumors.  Beane stated the same.  

If others want to fall for social media click bait, thats on them.

1 minute ago, noacls said:

And this is your issue, your arrogant enough that you think you can tell me how to think. 

LMAO you are the one who just told me to stop wearing rose colored glasses.  Me telling you to stop wearing a tin foil hat makes me arrogant but not you for your comment?  lol ok bud

• Haha (+1) 1