Jim Harbaugh getting 80M over 5 years from Chargers

Gregg

Not shocked by this deal since he's a proven commodity in both the NFL and NCAA.

And the best thing to come out of this is being able to hopefully eventually knock the Chiefs out of the top of the division since hes' a wartime coach capable of doing just that.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not shocked by this deal since he's a proven commodity in both the NFL and NCAA.

And the best thing to come out of this is being able to hopefully eventually knock the Chiefs out of the top of the division since hes' a wartime coach capable of doing just that.

But on the flip side of that is the Bills will have to deal with another top team in the conference if he is successful with the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

But on the flip side of that is the Bills will have to deal with another top team in the conference if he is successful with the Chargers.

Very true.

AFC isn't getting any easier and is going to be ridiculous next year especially with a healthy Burrow, Rogers, etc back in the mix.

• Like (+1) 1

If I was an NFL owner, I’d spend massive amounts of money on the best coaches scouts and recruiting.  There’s no limit so why not?  

if I was drafting a qb I’d pay guys like Manning and Brady as a consultant to scout the top 5 QBs in any given year.

Then I’d bring in a top notch QB coach and Pay your QB coach more than he’d make as an OC or HC etc etc.  

id have twice as many scouts as any other team and pay double the salary for the best ones.  

maybe there’s some rules against this but, why not?! Winning would pay for it .

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

It's not like Coaches money goes against the cap, if you have the ownership it's fine....though I thought the Chargers were cheap/brokish like as broke as any of these Billionaires can actually be.

I think they are just as sick of KC winning as the rest of us!

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

If someone is going to pay that much who are we to question it. Let the man get paid 

$16 million a year, compared to player salaries, is TREMENDOUS value for money.

Harbaugh is a great coach and his impact on the win total is greater than any player on the team other than QB.

What is insane is the money players who are not elite QBs make....they just don't impact the bottom line enough.

Elite QBs should earn about 90% of the cap!  Rest of roster should get the scraps remaining.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Elite QBs should earn about 90% of the cap!  Rest of roster should get the scraps remaining.

Absolutely crazy thing to say.

The game is still won and lost in the trenches. If you're not protecting the QB or not getting to the opposing team's QB, you're screwed. If you're throwing passes that aren't being caught, the QB doesn't matter. If you don't have players who can defend the throws and keep the QB from throwing to who he wants to on command, you're screwed.

I don't care who you have behind the Center. A QB alone cannot hoist a Lombardi trophy. If anyone should know that, it's us Bills fans. Absolutely demeaning to everyone else on the team to say 52 of the 53 roster spots should make up 10% of all money available.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Rewording this for you.  He's a cheater.  He wants to leave the NCAA investigations and punishments because he's also not an idiot.

Correct. Can’t stand him. He’s a sociopath. And he’s getting weirder and weirder.

The recent Michigan success - so what ? He can out recruit and get alumni to shell out money . I know I know. His resume is amazing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

$16 million a year, compared to player salaries, is TREMENDOUS value for money.

Harbaugh is a great coach and his impact on the win total is greater than any player on the team other than QB.

What is insane is the money players who are not elite QBs make....they just don't impact the bottom line enough.

I mean if you have a Josh Allen or Mahomes you can field 3rd stringers at many positions and still compete. We just did that in the playoffs and still almost won. Had it been bs anyone besides Mahomes we prob would won. 

GM/HC/QB. Nothing else matters. 

36 minutes ago, balln said:

Correct. Can’t stand him. He’s a sociopath. And he’s getting weirder and weirder.

The recent Michigan success - so what ? He can out recruit and get alumni to shell out money . I know I know. His resume is amazing. 

He AND his brother are odd birds

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.