I guess Tyler Dunne was spot on...McD is too controlling and paranoid to work with...

eball

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Or, particularly in the case of Brady, he realized a year with Josh Allen ends in a head coaching job in a year if successful… while Atlanta maybe not so much 

Shoot, he won’t even have to last a full year to pick up his next gig across the Lake! 🤔

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Or, particularly in the case of Brady, he realized a year with Josh Allen ends in a head coaching job in a year if successful… while Atlanta maybe not so much 

Unfortunately I think the standards with the owner and half the fanbase are so low, that I’m not even sure another massive postseason disappointment gets McD Cannes. 

Terry and a lot of fans feel that simply a Divisional Round exit with an elite QB is a huge accomplishment. It’s happened 3 years in a row and they want more of it. 

I think if it was somewhere else, this could be a good analysis of the situation by Brady. Here, I’m not so sure. I guess if the offense is solid he probably feels he could still get hired away. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 10
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, eball said:

...as evidenced by Brady and Babich sticking around and accepting promotions to OC and DC despite significant interest around the league.

/sarcasm off

How generous and selfless of them to accept promotions on a team with championship caliber talent.  We are all indebted to them for their painstaking sacrifice and commitment to the Bills.  Let us collectively start a go fund me for both of them to exhibit our gratitude! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

Tyler Done

That was some stunt, not the context but the time he dropped it really made me lose respect for him. I'm sure there was some truths in there, it's just the fact he claims to be a Bills fan and drops a hit piece at their lowest point in 2.5 years was scumbag **** imo

Then again,  it was a blessing in disguise as the team only got tighter and stood by McD, ripping off W after W. But he wanted it to sink the ship and I'll never respect that man again in my life

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Tyler Done

That was some stunt, not the context but the time he dropped it really made me lose respect for him. I'm sure there was some truths in there, it's just the fact he claims to be a Bills fan and drops a hit piece at their lowest point in 2.5 years was scumbag **** imo

Then again,  it was a blessing in disguise as the team only got tighter and stood by McD, ripping off W after W. But he wanted it to sink the ship and I'll never respect that man again in my life

With amazing sources like 'Lil Dirty, Doug Whaley and Quinton Spain, how could he have gone wrong? I mean its not like they were all butt hurt or anything, right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

As someone who found a lot of what was in the Dunne piece to be illuminating and probably truthful...

Two things that have happened since have been kind of damning to that report:

The first was the Wink Martindale/Brian Daboll fallout. Whereas it looked like the rather public breakup of McDermott and Daboll was more on McDermott, seeing Daboll be unable to make it work with a second consecutive defensive mind makes one wonder. 

The second was the fact that, as the OP mentioned, two coveted young coordinators chose to stick around in Buffalo rather than go elsewhere, even though both garnered significant interest. Babich, in particular, was surprising, choosing to stick around under a defensive-minded head coach who may still continue to call plays rather than potentially spread his wings under an offensive minded guy.

Lastly, the way the team rallied around McDermott after the piece came out also sort of poked a bit of a hole in the "no one likes playing for this control freak" narrative. 

The more that time has gone on and the more that's happened, the less accurate Dunne's piece has looked. 

With all of that said, the Bills still lost in heartbreaking fashion in the Divisional round to the Kansas City Chiefs, and the major thesis of Dunne's piece was that McDermott tenses up in big moments and that the Bills need to move on from him to ever reach the Super Bowl, so.....he hasn't entirely been proven wrong thus far.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 12
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

How generous and selfless of them to accept promotions on a team with championship caliber talent.  We are all indebted to them for their painstaking sacrifice and commitment to the Bills.  Let us collectively start a go fund me for both of them to exhibit our gratitude! 

Like any weatherman, your posts here exhibit why you are wrong the majority of the time…

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

17 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Unfortunately I think the standards with the owner and half the fanbase are so low, that I’m not even sure another massive postseason disappointment gets McD Cannes. 

Terry and a lot of fans feel that simply a Divisional Round exit with an elite QB is a huge accomplishment. It’s happened 3 years in a row and they want more of it. 

I think if it was somewhere else, this could be a good analysis of the situation by Brady. Here, I’m not so sure. I guess if the offense is solid he probably feels he could still get hired away. 

I hope Sean enjoys France. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

bull####

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

I’m just so happy we can look forward to Sean on the sidelines clapping next year to just get bounced in round 1 or 2. That’s if we even make it. Now we have big game Burrow coming back along with Harbaugh and Rodgers.

so COOL!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

As someone who found a lot of what was in the Dunne piece to be illuminating and probably truthful...

Two things that have happened since have been kind of damning to that report:

The first was the Wink Martindale/Brian Daboll fallout. Whereas it looked like the rather public breakup of McDermott and Daboll was more on McDermott, seeing Daboll be unable to make it work with a second consecutive defensive mind makes one wonder. 

The second was the fact that, as the OP mentioned, two coveted young coordinators chose to stick around in Buffalo rather than go elsewhere, even though both garnered significant interest. Babich, in particular, was surprising, choosing to stick around under a defensive-minded head coach who may still continue to call plays rather than potentially spread his wings under an offensive minded guy.

Lastly, the way the team rallied around McDermott after the piece came out also sort of poked a bit of a hole in the "no one likes playing for this control freak" narrative. 

The more that time has gone on and the more that's happened, the less accurate Dunne's piece has looked. 

With all of that said, the Bills still lost in heartbreaking fashion in the Divisional round to the Kansas City Chiefs, and the major thesis of Dunne's piece was that McDermott tenses up in big moments and that the Bills need to move on from him to ever reach the Super Bowl, so.....he hasn't entirely been proven wrong thus far.

Right. I believe two things can be true at the same time, and I don't know how anyone could say McD doesn't tense up in big moments. He's had a cavalcade of postseason and big game blunders here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

my point was he gets hired elsewhere in 12 months as a HC if he doesn’t pull a Dorsey and mess up an easy opportunity here

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Separated at birth:

image.jpeg.1ccd4522f33527d547ab9dabc2171f48.jpeg

image.jpeg.5670e7f6e5545899fc89d061ad4b319c.jpeg

Tyler Dunne is a really odd guy. Watch a few interviews of him after this idiotic article came out and he Comes off as an angry arrogant fool. Another media hack who knows nothing about football just gossip. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

my point was he gets hired elsewhere in 12 months as a HC if he doesn’t pull a Dorsey and mess up an easy opportunity here

That's a fair point. I think that could happen with the demand of young OC's with playcalling experience even if we don't win big here. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.