So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

• Yes
    • No

These kind of posts crack me up.  All the people that say NO, I'm not watching...yet post on an NFL team message board.  Gimme a break, of course we're all watching.  We are football fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, zow2 said:

These kind of posts crack me up.  All the people that say NO, I'm not watching...yet post on an NFL team message board.  Gimme a break, of course we're all watching.  We are football fans.

Yes, a message board for our NFL team. I have no desire to watch 4 hours of blather about players I dislike - Mahomes, Kelce, the swifts etc etc. Last year it was two teams I hated so I caught the last few minutes of the 4th quarter just to see the score ( and the atrocious penalty at the end). I do kind of like SF, so maybe a little more of the 4th this time. If SF wins I’ll enjoy watching the postgame festivities. No need to watch programming that isn’t entertaining just because it’s the NFL. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsMontreal said:

Agree with you.  For me, the NFL walk now on a fine line. I just talk about me and i dont want to convince anybody.  

Since some years, i didnt listen at all the pre-game show and all the NFL show. I didnt give a *** when they do politics. I dont watch commercial, more and more politic also. I'm only a football fan and i found a lot of good  football events on the net, like Cover1, and i really think it is better because they only talk about football there and, even if i should not say that i have to say if i watch the NFL, it is only for the game. I love football.

I can deal with the show because when we heard the whitle, it is football.

But, this year, NFL entertainment made a step on the other side of the line. I just cant skip that because it is now during the game. It is the first time this year i see it at this point during a game.

The SB show will have a big part about a love story and i dont care at all about it.

Then, i have to be interested with the matchup. I watched Chiefs-Ravens because i really want to see if that Chiefs defense could stop Jackson. I was pretty sure about it, but i was interested and i watched the game...but i'm not for this Chiefs-49ers. Not enough to deal with the -show-.

This is something I noticed as well this year.  I mean the obvious one is Taylor Swift but not only that...all of the attention Tommy Devito's agent and the Philadelphia Eagles head of security Dom DiSandro got, the NFL is slowly starting to have WWE like storylines as a sideshow to the football games.  

• Agree 3

by now the Super Bowl is a standard holiday in my home. We always cook and always party and watch to enjoy that aspect

. It just will be a very different vibe then if the Bills were playing CLEARLY

I'm all about the fiesta aspect this year. The game?  I just can't KC , go 49er.

Its a bitter pill if the chiefs win. Which they probably will. la ******

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cson76 said:

I've decided to root for the Chiefs in hopes that they win and Kelce and Ried go out Elway style and retire.  

Knowing Bills fans luck then Bill will go there, and the Chiefs dominance will continue.

Meh - I'll watch in the background but not going to make it an event. This is probably the least interesting matchup possible from a rooting interest. On one hand, you have the Chiefs (enough said), and the other is a 49ers team with all the talent in the world but who can't seem to get it done in the big game recently - annoying in its own right given their talent level across the board.

My heart says go 49ers for obvious reasons against the hated Chiefs, but my head is allowing for the possibility that a Chiefs win could be good in the long run if it causes Reid and Kelce to decide to ride off into the sunset on top.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be bored watching it.  Footballed out at this point, after months of watching games.  

Bored with the Chiefs and the Kelce experience.  Tired of Tony Romo.  Usher hasn't been relevant for over a decade. 

Five years from now, everyone will struggle remembering this game and who played in it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

there's just no chance that all the "no" voters will not be watching the SB.

I am a no vote and there is no way I will be watching this game.  Not that hard to find something else to do on a Sunday evening.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

This.  Although I'm more inclined to believe the refs are biased toward KC.  The PI that wasn't called on the pic when Lamar threw into triple coverage, and the horrifically blatent PI near the end that forced the Ravens to settle for a field goal stand out.  The calls on Baltimore were legit, but the refs let KC get away with murder.

You’re right, but I had to consider the other play and its impact, also.   There was that second and seven where Baltimore picked up four yards, setting up the third and three.   Flowers had a hand full of jersey four yards deep on a corner, and the so the KC safety slid right, allowing for at least one yard of the four picked up.   Had that not happened, KC is likely to have passed on third and five instead of handing the ball to Pacheco, who picked up the first by half a yard.   That allowed the clock to keep moving and led to a touchdown 11 plays later, most of which had penalties of one sort or another either called or not called, some against each team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.