2024 WR Draft Class

18 minutes ago, JBI$111 said:

Prefer Worthy or Mitchell if we stay at 28 or move up slightly to get either, can't let Kansas City or Miami get Worthy. 

Not sure why many people like Legette: basically one year of production after 4 years of being a non-event and he's older. 

"The red flag that waves in Legette's prospect profile is that he didn't break out until his fifth collegiate season. It is a fair critique, as naming a successful NFL wide receiver who had only one year of strong college production as a super senior is a difficult task.Apr 9, 2024"

Definitely not Coleman, and we already have Hollins and Shorter in that mold.

Legette’s parents both died while he was in High-School. He went through some other things as well.  His work ethic + talent makes him a high ceiling player IMO

Would love rooting for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Thomas is my guy. I like the other guys too, but he just makes the most sense to me. 

Love Thomas. Could easily be one of the top 3 imo. Could I put him there and take one of the others out and I don’t think it makes any difference really. I’d be all for a move up to 10ish for one of the top 3. Around the 15-18 mark for Thomas. After that I’d stay where we’re at and go with one of the following, Worthy, Mitchell, Franklin. If there’s a trade down for extra picks and none of those guys are there I’m all for Polk, Legette, McConkey. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Love Thomas. Could easily be one of the top 3 imo. Could I put him there and take one of the others out and I don’t think it makes any difference really. I’d be all for a move up to 10ish for one of the top 3. Around the 15-18 mark for Thomas. After that I’d stay where we’re at and go with one of the following, Worthy, Mitchell, Franklin. If there’s a trade down for extra picks and none of those guys are there I’m all for Polk, Legette, McConkey. 

I would love to find a way to get both Thomas and McConkey. My second choice is McConkey and Legette. I think if they go for just one, Beane will trade up for Thomas.

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

For those wanting Legette, I wonder if Brady will even know how to use him properly.  Brady, and Daboll, failed to scheme guys open the way you see other teams do it.  Jefferson and Hill are great talents, but their coordinators also help them get open.  

I worry that Legette wouldn’t get properly utilized.  Look at Harty and McKenzie.  I know they aren’t close to the same talent caliber, but they were our gadget burners that we never figured out how to use. 

I kind of see it differently. For me, Legette although physically different (and superior) is too similar to what we’ve already got. He’d be excellent if used off screens, slants, and crosses. He’s probably best as a big slot. 

Having only seen half a season with Brady as OC, what we didn’t see was a ton of success downfield. So does that make Legette the perfect fit? Or does that make him redundant, even if he’s explosive? 

I lean towards wanting the X that attacks downfield, but will Brady utilize a BTJ or Mitchell? 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I kind of see it differently. For me, Legette although physically different (and superior) is too similar to what we’ve already got. He’d be excellent if used off screens, slants, and crosses. He’s probably best as a big slot. 

Having only seen half a season with Brady as OC, what we didn’t see was a ton of success downfield. So does that make Legette the perfect fit? Or does that make him redundant, even if he’s explosive? 

I lean towards wanting the X that attacks downfield, but will Brady utilize a BTJ or Mitchell? 

I thought I saw him run some routes at the senior bowl that suggested he could be a quality outside downfield receiver, maybe his college coordinator didn't put him in a position to do so?

4 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

I thought I saw him run some routes at the senior bowl that suggested he could be a quality outside downfield receiver, maybe his college coordinator didn't put him in a position to do so?

It’s possible. I’m not a guru on this stuff but from what I’ve seen and read, route running is not a strength at this point. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Legette’s parents both died while he was in High-School. He went through some other things as well.  His work ethic + talent makes him a high ceiling player IMO

Would love rooting for him.

I've read whispers that the reason for his late breakout is because he's not very bright.  That would probably be a non-starter in our complex offense, especially with a premium pick.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TOboy said:

Both good and interesting points between you and Virgil, but (IMO) its a bit of making football into rocket science when it isn't. The gadget guys of the world like McKenzie have way more limitations in their game that limited the way they could be used than any limitations or lack of imagination by a coordinator, and not just by the Bills but by any team. I have absolutely no concern that Brady and an entire staff of well paid experts is going to struggle to find ways to use guys like Legette, BTJ or Mitchell.

I know people aren’t going to like it but as we get closer my gut feeling is telling me it’s going to be Keon Coleman after a trade down. There is a lot there that fits Buffalo and their philosophy 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know people aren’t going to like it but as we get closer my gut feeling is telling me it’s going to be Keon Coleman after a trade down. There is a lot there that fits Buffalo and their philosophy 

I wouldn't haaaaate it because I think there's a lot of untapped upside potential and I want a big bodied physical receiver with great hands for January home games. But I would also want to see them add a speed element early as well then. And people in the know seem to think he's best used as a big slot, and we took a big slot last year in Kincaid so...

If he can play X better than Gabe and we use added capital to trade back up in R2 for a speedier Z with route running chops I'm good with it

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Marino said here, and in other podcasts, that Mitchell has a lot of red flags: inconsistent effort, not good with YAC, someone (college coach?) called him "uncoachable" and I think in another podcast that he has trouble with man coverage. Plus his type 1 diabetes that impacts him too (mood?) so I think he's not for Buffalo.

I think a small trade up for Thomas, or Legette at 28 or a small trade down and take Legette in the 2nd makes sense. Whispers about his lack of intelligence? How many times has a player had this knock only to excel at NFL football (CJ Stroud, as a recent example). 

I don't want any poor-effort or difficult personalities drafted up high. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Explosiveness and Separation are 2 things which IMO he doesn't have much of 

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I've read whispers that the reason for his late breakout is because he's not very bright.  That would probably be a non-starter in our complex offense, especially with a premium pick.

sounds like whispers of ignorance 

why because he sounds like Bubba from Forest Gump?

I wonder if SEC DB's think he's smart?   

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think the Bills are trading up to get a stud WR.  Just not sure how much of a price they are willing to pay in draft assets to get there?  They don't want to leave the cupboard bare in other positions...  But McD and Beane are keenly aware they are in Josh Allen's prime right now, and you have to get this man a STUD, right now.

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I disagree.  There's plenty of Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots fans who will like it.

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don't know if he will be the pick, but they have shown significant interest in Coleman who also personally stated that of all his interviews the one with the Bills was the stand out one that went the best.  The WR's they have shown the most interest in from meetings with them would be from what I can gather Franklin, Coleman, McConkey, Worthy, and Mitchell.  

They did meet with Thomas, but reportedly only once and no reports of any meetings with the big 3.