2024 WR Draft Class

41 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Very well said.  Don't forget to mention he played with an elite play caller and an elite long ball QB.  Allen isn't in the same tier as Penix with the deep ball.  Odunze also got to play with Polk and McMillian, two very good WRs.

I also can't get his last game out of my head, where he was wide opened, turned the wrong way and dropped the ball.  Reminded me of Gabe Davis.  

He is, IMO, the best route runner in the draft. Every route he does is crisp and clean. It's Diggs-like. 

You don't get compared to Terrell Owens for nothing. We can have Samuel for deep balls, I want Odunze because he can be dangerous where Josh is dangerous - comebacks, posts, and hitch routes. 

Edited by Roundybout

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

He is, IMO, the best route runner in the draft. Every route he does is crisp and clean. It's Diggs-like. 

You don't get compared to Terrell Owens for nothing. We can have Samuel for deep balls, I want Odunze because he can be dangerous where Josh is dangerous - comebacks, posts, and hitch routes. 

Rome had the 4th most targets in the nation last year that helped contribute to his stat line. Malik Washington had similar targets and similar overall stats but probably will be had in the 4th. I understand that Rome has prototypical size and that matters but I don’t really see the quick snapping off of routes and separation that Turner sees in Odunze. I more often than not see non SEC defenders draped all over him when being targeted. And there is nothing special that he does to elude defenders, run away from or break the tackles of defenders once he has the ball in his hands. For me, he does not possess elite traits of a top 10 wr. I would hope the Bills don’t make the mistake of parting with significant assets for Rome. If he fell to 28, I would be fine but still don’t see him as a difference maker or matchup problem. Just a reliable consistent wr. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

I don't really see it with Odunze.  He is quick through his routes  and I think he'll be a good possession receiver,  but I didn't see much speed or downfield separation.  I liked Polk better on the downfield stuff.  Hands and adjustment on contested catches is good,  not great.  Not impressed with the QB at all on a lot of throws to Odunze,  so that his a factor, but I don't see a top 10 kind of prospect.  Admittedly,  this was more an initial impression from a casual watch of all of his targets this year.  I don't think the Bills have a realistic shot at him anyway.  

Now,  that being said,  I realize I'm just some guy watching this crap at home on his couch.  What the hell do I know?  I've been wrong before,  and generally,  if I'm against the popular opinion,  I tend to think I'm wrong.  But that's my quick impression.  

Edited by Brandon