2024 WR Draft Class

22 hours ago, Pete said:

Im guessing Beane signs 2 WR before draft.  Kendrick Bourne is a name to keep an eye on.  He seperates, is a deep threat, and will be a moderately price WR with upside

He's a solid player and would be a good fit for us but I'm hoping we don't use more then 3 mil to sign any Wr in free agency. I hope we attack the Wr position in the draft. We need to draft 2 Wrs in first 5 rds and they need to play heavy snaps in 2024. We need a burner and a yac monster to add to Shakir, Diggs & Kincaid. 

Adding a vet would keep the rookies on the bench and I rather have those young players getting much needed experience so by the playoffs they will be battle tested sort of like what Balt, KC & GB did this yr. They stuck with there young Wrs and by the end of the season they were settled in there roles and contributing at a high level . 

I would like to see what little cap space the Bills have be used on Safeties and Dlineman. This is a loaded yr for safeties in free agency u have players like Xaxier McKinney, Jeremy Chinn and Darnel Savage these guys won't break the bank and can contribute immediately in our defense. We can sign a new tandem of Safeties for relatively cheap. I would love to see Chinn in a Bills uniform he would be great in our system. There's a lot more safeties available it's too much to mention them all Antione Winfield Jr and Kyle Duggar are also available but I didn't mention them because they'll cost to much to sign. Basically use the draft for a couple of Wrs and the rest of the draft and free agency for the defense. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

He's a solid player and would be a good fit for us but I'm hoping we don't use more then 3 mil to sign any Wr in free agency. I hope we attack the Wr position in the draft. We need to draft 2 Wrs in first 5 rds and they need to play heavy snaps in 2024. We need a burner and a yac monster to add to Shakir, Diggs & Kincaid. 

Adding a vet would keep the rookies on the bench and I rather have those young players getting much needed experience so by the playoffs they will be battle tested sort of like what Balt, KC & GB did this yr. They stuck with there young Wrs and by the end of the season they were settled in there roles and contributing at a high level . 

I would like to see what little cap space the Bills have be used on Safeties and Dlineman. This is a loaded yr for safeties in free agency u have players like Xaxier McKinney, Jeremy Chinn and Darnel Savage these guys won't break the bank and can contribute immediately in our defense. We can sign a new tandem of Safeties for relatively cheap. I would love to see Chinn in a Bills uniform he would be great in our system. There's a lot more safeties available it's too much to mention them all Antione Winfield Jr and Kyle Duggar are also available but I didn't mention them because they'll cost to much to sign. Basically use the draft for a couple of Wrs and the rest of the draft and free agency for the defense. 

I agree with your post.  I would like to see us sign 2 WR, and draft 2 WR first 4 rounds.  I would also like to see Bills sign minimal 4 DL/Edge, and 2 Safetys.  A budget RB who can block, short yardage would be nice too.

WR, WR, DL, DL, Edge, Safety, Safety

are our most pressing needs.  Beane's MO is sign useful players, at positions of need, value signings prior to draft.  That way we do not enter draft with glaring holes.  We do need bodies, so I think we make many budget signings.

There has been a sea change in how free agents view Buffalo.  Buffalo is a powerhouse, we have Josh ***** Allen, a new stadium on the way, and a rabid, iconic fanbase-  Buffalo is a hot destination for free agents now.

Edited by Pete

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

I agree with your post.  I would like to see us sign 2 WR, and draft 2 WR first 4 rounds.  I would also like to see Bills sign minimal 4 DL/Edge, and 2 Safetys.  A budget RB who can block, short yardage would be nice too.

WR, WR, DL, DL, Edge, Safety, Safety

are our most pressing needs.  Beane's MO is sign useful players, at positions of need, value signings prior to draft.  That way we do not enter draft with glaring holes.  We do need bodies, so I think we make many budget signings.

There has been a sea change in how free agents view Buffalo.  Buffalo is a powerhouse, we have Josh ***** Allen, a new stadium on the way, and a rabid, iconic fanbase-  Buffalo is a hot destination for free agents now.

Hopefully the Wrs we sign are vet min deals and they are signed more to play special teams. Mcd needs to learn to trust rookies more. We can't keep signing players for cheap 1 yr deals and giving them more playing time then our rookies and young vets. This strategy has stunted the growth of our young players at times or outright got them traded like Teller. We need to lean on young players it boosts the team in many ways especially the salary cap 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Hopefully the Wrs we sign are vet min deals and they are signed more to play special teams. Mcd needs to learn to trust rookies more. We can't keep signing players for cheap 1 yr deals and giving them more playing time then our rookies and young vets. This strategy has stunted the growth of our young players at times or outright got them traded like Teller. We need to lean on young players it boosts the team in many ways especially the salary cap 

It was a change in blocking scheme that got Teller traded more than anything. 

Preferably, I would rather have the Bills draft a blue chip WR prospect who can blow coverages off the top.  Tremendous speed with track record of production.  Such as a Franklin, Worthy and possibly Legette.  Legette worries me a bit because he is unrefined and has only one season of good production but that size/speed/build combo is appealing.

I would also like to see the Bills use another early to mid rounder on a WR who is a twitchy, polished route running technician who can separate and this draft seems primed to have a number of those sort of potential prospects.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a number of day 2 and 3 picks who go on to be very good receivers in this league.  We just have to hit on those picks.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:42 PM, Brand J said:

Do NOT trade up. Whoever we take, I can just about guarantee a guy will go later who will be just as good or better. Happens every draft.

Bills have 10 picks in this draft.

I totally agree that there will be players outside of round 1 that will be "good or better" than some picked in the first, but with that kind of draft capital, you trust your scouts, and move up on one to three "must have" players for the organization.

The Bills are a top team, and I could only see maybe 4 or 5 drafted players at best making the 53 man roster.  Bills better be busy retaining their free agents who are playing at a high level to maintain continuity.

• Disagree 3

I like Jermaine Burton as a mid round WR. Comparing him to last years class, I think he is a better version of Marvin Mims who went rd 2. Explosive, tough, and a little bit of a screw loose.

Edited by LEBills

22 hours ago, Brand J said:

Beane said he traded with MIN for Diggs because he didn’t believe the team could get high enough to select one of the top 3 WRs (Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs). With that first rounder the Vikings picked Justin Jefferson and would have him on a cost controlled rookie contract for at least 4 years.

I’ve said it before but it bears repeating: if trading up guaranteed you’d be getting a superior talent in comparison to what you could get later, I’d be all for it, but that’s not at all how the NFL draft works. Why people, including Beane, have such a fascination with moving up and losing out on other potential contributors I’ll never understand. Picking the right guy is what matters, NOT where he’s picked. With that said, trade up for the QB if you absolutely believe in him, understandable because he plays the most important position in sports. But for any other position? “That’s a no from me, dawg.” I’ll throw up if Beane trades into the top 10 for a WR, especially considering how this team needs a bevy of good talent on cheap, cost controlled contracts. 

This is exactly the kind of draft where it’s dumb to make a major move up for a WR…there are too many good receivers available and no one knows who the best three or four will turn out to be. It’s happened time after time and people still never learn…the 2020 draft you mention is a great example, and of course 2014…

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Read an interesting stat on UGA WR Rosemy-Jacksaint.  In his last 2 years of college, he caught 63 balls for 872 yards and 6 TDs with ZERO drops.  We could use a player like that.

2 drops on 105 career targets. On the downside, he's going to give you almost nothing after the catch. He almost literally never makes anybody miss and is near the bottom of the class in terms of YAC per reception. He's looked okay at the Senior Bowl so far but definitely has not stood out like some others have.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

That explains all the scrub vets they brought in that yr. 

Sherrfield was a solid signing.  Didnt work out but a number 3 on two very good offenses previously.  I would like to see 2 similar level vets.  And older and younger guy and 2 drafted rookies.  

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

2 drops on 105 career targets. On the downside, he's going to give you almost nothing after the catch. He almost literally never makes anybody miss and is near the bottom of the class in terms of YAC per reception. He's looked okay at the Senior Bowl so far but definitely has not stood out like some others have.

I don’t know where you get your numbers, but he had 476 of his 535 yards in YAC.  He averaged 15.7 yards per catch and 4 TDs.  That’s 90% of his yards after the catch.

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I don’t know where you get your numbers, but he had 476 of his 535 yards in YAC.  He averaged 15.7 yards per catch and 4 TDs.  That’s 90% of his yards after the catch.

Per PFF he's bottom 3 in the class in terms of avoided tackles and YAC per reception. They have him down for 164 YAC out of 535 this season and 93 out of 337 the year before. The 476 is simply inaccurate; that would mean he only had 59 air yards this season on 34 catches, meaning his average catch was less than 2 yards down the field. Even a short highlight video from this season would show you that can't possibly be true.

Edited by DCOrange

On 1/31/2024 at 10:20 AM, LabattBlue said:

I went searching here for mentions of Nacua prior to the 2023 draft.  There were a few, but this one by @KOKBILLS stood out.  Kudos!

TY very much Sir...

But I read that and see all the stuff I got wrong!... :D

If any of y'all want to read my best stuff just look up what I wrote about Pat Mahomes, Chris Jones, and DK Metcalf. Good times... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS