Draft Roman Wilson R2 at 56

Lenigmusx

I just watched his highlight reel again. It looks like Roman Wilson will be an NFL stud. I think he could be this draft classes Puka Nukua. He has 4.27 40 time and the dude just always has separation. I think he would immediately make an impact on this team. He has played against the top D-1 talent and will be ahead of most in other rookies. I think he fits this offense better than anyone on ther than Harrison who will be long gone before we are on the board. He is only 6’ 0” but he plays bigger than that. He is always in the right place on the field too. 

I think Diggs will be back but he and Shakir may have an entirely new room otherwise. Justin Shorter will make the squad and I think Wilson would be a great addition. Those 4 would be really strong and save a lot of cap room. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wilson is definitely on my watch list too. Checks a lot of boxes in terms of metrics and he was probably the only Michigan skill position guy that really popped on film to me. Downside is he’s mostly a slot guy (mostly, but he did play like 25ish % out wide) and we’re probably locking Shakir in there. 

If we’re only taking one WR in the draft, he’s probably not the one for me, but if we want to double dip, he’s a guy that I’d be very happy to add.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Knocks on him are that he is easy to jam and lacks frame.  Bills need someone who can get contested balls with a bigger body.  

Brian Thomas Jr fits that bill hopefully he falls to us 

• Like (+1) 1

Can I ask a HUGE but simple favor? (I do it every year!) Is it really that hard for all of our draft board gurus to list the player, his height, weight, position, year, and especially his school at the beginning of your thread? Or when suggesting an alternative selection? 

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Knocks on him are that he is easy to jam and lacks frame.  Bills need someone who can get contested balls with a bigger body.  

I agree, but the Bills have never really prioritized that, and I don't see us looking for that kind of WR specifically.  That's not our game.  We want quick shifty guys who can get separation and run elusive routes.

We aren't really going to be looking for a 6'4" big body that you just throw the ball to and let him out-muscle the DB draped all over him for the catch.

What we need is speed, ability to separate, athleticism, and explosiveness. 

We really don't have any of that on the team right now.

Our YAC has been atrocious for year now.

• Like (+1) 2

I mentioned Wilson in a post a couple of months ago.  I'm a Wolverine, so I've seen him play every game and seen his growth and progression.  I was thinking 4th round, but now I think he may be gone by then.

32 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I mentioned Wilson in a post a couple of months ago.  I'm a Wolverine, so I've seen him play every game and seen his growth and progression.  I was thinking 4th round, but now I think he may be gone by then.

I am a Wolverine too.  Go Blue.  I like Roman Wilson's game a lot too.  Of course we underutilized him at Michigan like we do all our WR's.  But when his number was called he came up big.  Especially against Bama on that big catch on the game tying drive.  That being said, I do not see him as a 2nd round receiver.  He is on the smaller side, and is quick but not overly a burner.  He does have good hands.  More of a Beasley type guy, with a little more height.  3rd or 4th round is where I see him going.  Would love him on the Bills.  But we also need a big time outside WR who can created separation, and become a #1 for us sooner then later.

I'm a Michigan fan, and I cannot see Wilson going in the second round.

I agree that he does play bigger than he appears, and he has great hands. I think his 6' designation is generous.

That being said, I would welcome him on the Bills. Could be a sneaky good choice.

I agree with all of the above.  Would love to see Wilson on the Bills, preferably with a 4th round pick.  I agree that he's not the full answer to the Bills' WR issues.  They still need a bigger bodied, athletic WR in Round 1 or 2, but Wilson in the mid-rounds as a complement would be fantastic.

Wilson is kind of like a Terrell Bernard on offense - not the biggest, strongest, fastest, or most athletic, but he's a playmaker that comes up big in the big moments.

He seems to play similarly to how Shakir has played in the 2nd half of the season and I'd sign up for another guy like that.

21 hours ago, Lenigmusx said:

I just watched his highlight reel again. It looks like Roman Wilson will be an NFL stud. I think he could be this draft classes Puka Nukua. He has 4.27 40 time and the dude just always has separation. I think he would immediately make an impact on this team. He has played against the top D-1 talent and will be ahead of most in other rookies. I think he fits this offense better than anyone on ther than Harrison who will be long gone before we are on the board. He is only 6’ 0” but he plays bigger than that. He is always in the right place on the field too. 

I think Diggs will be back but he and Shakir may have an entirely new room otherwise. Justin Shorter will make the squad and I think Wilson would be a great addition. Those 4 would be really strong and save a lot of cap room. 

Would love to see the Bills land Franklin or Legette in the 1st, and Wilson in the 2nd... B-)

4.27 40 is legit burner speed, is that a college game program factoid or an electronically timed legit result?

we need various people all over, but to me this offseason we need 1 rb and 2 wrs, including at least 1 wr who is a day 1 starter.  beyond that, we need S, DE, and DT most of all.

wr 1st and 2nd round (we did that w DEs, one of whom blew, the other is decent) and we need to hit on both.

beyond that, im all good with just filling out the roster w players in positions we can use.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

We aren't really going to be looking for a 6'4" big body that you just throw the ball to and let him out-muscle the DB draped all over him for the catch.

What about getting a tall WR with speed?  Adonai Mitchell for example.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.