How do you explain Diggs invisibility act

Coldfronts

I didn’t buy into the malcontent narrative before this year.  Now, I’m more open to the idea.  At the very least I sense he’s a headache.  I know some people who have dealt with him and—take this for what it’s worth—I can see how he would be an extremely difficult and grating co-worker. 

• Like (+1) 1

Oooff... Whatever it is with Diggs, I hope it can be fixed. We're stuck with him, and a huge salary cap hit.

I choose to be optimistic that this will work out for 2024. Beyond that... he will be pretty old.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, isn't that part of the "beef" with Diggs currently - that he hasn't said anything after dropping that dime that went right through his hands?  He hasn't tweeted, he deleted his Instagram account, he refused to talk to the press in the locker room after the loss or on clean out day?

So he definitely took responsibility for that play here, basically saying if the ball hits his hands and he doesn't catch it that's a drop. Also seemed to say he's not going to even bother getting into that talk about his relationship with Josh and the team because that's for the media to do whatever they want to do, and all that matters is what's actually true between him and them, can't really disagree with that.

The last part is definitely interesting as to his future with the team, you could take it in a lot of ways, honestly the way Diggs is talking the whole interview it comes off as him just acknowledging how tough the cap situation is and with how his season ended not taking where he is as a certainty.

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So he definitely took responsibility for that play here, basically saying if the ball hits his hands and he doesn't catch it that's a drop. Also seemed to say he's not going to even bother getting into that talk about his relationship with Josh and the team because that's for the media to do whatever they want to do, and all that matters is what's actually true between him and them, can't really disagree with that.

The last part is definitely interesting as to his future with the team, you could take it in a lot of ways, honestly the way Diggs is talking the whole interview it comes off as him just acknowledging how tough the cap situation is and with how his season ended not taking where he is as a certainty.

I don’t see any problem with what he said. 

He’s just not going to say “oh yea I love Josh we all good everything is awesome.”

First off - we have a 6-6 start and fired the OC and there wasn’t a peep from him.  I know it’s easy to say “well he was putting up numbers.”   He also didn’t say anything when he wasn’t putting up numbers.  Notice the first thing he says is “we all want plays we can have back” I knew immediately he was talking about the drop.  This is already more than what we got from him after last season.  Where it was clear there was a problem.      

Second, he knows that everything….isn't awesome.  We fell short again and he is making it clear no moral victories the only thing that matters is a SB.  

Because there wasn’t a hint of any issue with him during the season, and where he is in his career and with his contract, he is now somewhere near the bottom of my list of concerns for this team.  

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I don’t see any problem with what he said. 

He’s just not going to say “oh yea I love Josh we all good everything is awesome.”

First off - we have a 6-6 start and fired the OC and there wasn’t a peep from him.  I know it’s easy to say “well he was putting up numbers.”   He also didn’t say anything when he wasn’t putting up numbers.  Notice the first thing he says is “we all want plays we can have back” I knew immediately he was talking about the drop.  This is already more than what we got from him after last season.  Where it was clear there was a problem.      

Second, he knows that everything….isn't awesome.  We fell short again and he is making it clear no moral victories the only thing that matters is a SB.  

Because there wasn’t a hint of any issue with him during the season, and where he is in his career and with his contract, he is now somewhere near the bottom of my list of concerns for this team.  

Yeah the only thing that was interesting at all about what he said was the end, it's going to make people wonder if there's the possibility that he won't be here even though he didn't say anything about wanting to leave or anything. The rest is all on track with what you'd expect someone to say and basically saying he's not going to engage in the his relations with the team/Josh BS anymore they can just do that themselves.

• Agree 2

I still say he checked out when we hit 6-6. He has been malcontent for awhile now.

Some say he can't be traded with his cap hit.  We can free up 90 million if we really wanted to,but it's not that smart to do so.  But if he is really this big of an issue, I say trade him.

For all his regular season numbers, he disappears during the playoffs. 

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t see anything wrong with his answers today? It’s meaningless offseason chatter. 

No, if anything he sounds like he's tired of answering the same questions but he doesn't even sound angry when he voices it--- more resigned that the chatter is there and can't be suppressed.

• Agree 1

No matter what, I think Diggs is here at least through next season, but probably even more likely is through 2025. The Bills will put an emphasis on weapons for Josh come April though. 

I'm still convinced Diggs was injured 

Watch how he borderline sarcastic , asks him if he was healthy

The way Diggs said it, the way Cook laughs and asks "what about you" , just confirms Diggs was banged up

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t see anything wrong with his answers today? It’s meaningless offseason chatter. 

If anything, he’s annoyed with the media and other gossip queens making up stories about him potentially being unhappy.  He’s unhappy about having to constantly reassure the insecure Nancies out there that everything is okay.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If anything, he’s annoyed with the media and other gossip queens making up stories about him potentially being unhappy.  He’s unhappy about having to constantly reassure the insecure Nancies out there that everything is okay.

Precisely

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

He can put it to rest pretty easily and decisively.   

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

He can put it to rest pretty easily and decisively.   

He's done that before he's tired of playing whack-a-mole.

20 minutes ago, Dr Krentist said:

His nephew's got his back 😆

One of the pluses of Diggs here is that kid rooting for the team when we play everyone but Dallas with his dad healthy.

On 1/24/2024 at 1:34 PM, babulator said:

Diggs has been struggling to get separation in man to man. Brady focus's less on Diggs in his O (he likes the 2x TE set and is more run focused). This means less designed or schemed plays for him. Couple that with his drops, his age, and the emergence of Kincaid and it all just means less for Diggs. Truthfully, as good as he is, he's simply not a game changer, he's never been a guy to just take over a game. I think this will be par for the course moving forward. He's been great for JA, but we need a real game changer here.

I said it when he was good, he’s never been a guy that scares anyone, he’s a good possession guy, not a big threat.

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I didn’t buy into the malcontent narrative before this year.  Now, I’m more open to the idea.  At the very least I sense he’s a headache.  I know some people who have dealt with him and—take this for what it’s worth—I can see how he would be an extremely difficult and grating co-worker. 

I am in the same boat as you, and have been coming around to this point of view now.

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am in the same boat as you, and have been coming around to this point of view now.

Honestly, ive never been a fan.  Ever since his "not shaking hands" incident at the Penn State/Maryland game in college I have been skeptical of him and his antics. There was a thread on here a couple years ago about "which bills player of all time did you not like" and he was my pick - and I took heat for it.  None of this surprises me.  Im glad he has been here - and helping us win....but it's transactional for me.  I'm not a fan, and when his time here is done - I won't miss him.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I can't disagree with what he said, but I also think if he and Josh were tight from his POV, he would have said "that's my brother, and you're never gonna hear me say a bad thing about him". 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1