How do you explain Diggs invisibility act

Coldfronts

I think poor weather has an impact for them.  Tougher environments to throw in.  He was a few deep shots connecting to this not being a story.  The emergence of the run game creeped into Diggs volume.  Imo Diggs is a volume wr more possession leaning with some big play ability.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, what did he break down?  He doesn't believe Diggs has cause to be unhappy because he's 'paid' and playing for a contending team, so he's asking "why?" cause all the controversy? 

It's the same question we're all asking, but what insight or information did he add?

Really?  You see the shots of that fiery player on the sideline and some of the blocks he's thrown, and that says "checked out emotionally" to you?

There is no insight or information. He’s just saying the grass isn’t always greener and he’s gonna be much more upset w Dak Prescott throwing him the ball and not JA. Diggs has no business saying anything after dropping that dime that went right thru his hands. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, f0neguy said:

He’d see fewer double teams

He wasn't seeing double teams down the stretch. L'Jarius Sneed flat out erased him in the divisional round, the latest Chiefs CB to do so in a playoff game.

I'm hopeful the injury narrative is true. If the Diggs we got down the stretch is just who he is now, his contract is almost as big an albatross as Von Miller.

But this is the predictable outcome of massively under-investing in the WR position over the years. We went from lamenting our #2 WR situation to wondering if we even have a #1 still. Our WR depth chart as it stands right now is arguably worse than it was in 2019. Which is why Beane simply has to spend 2 high draft picks on the position this year. There is no other solution.

• Agree 4

20 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Diggs has no business saying anything after dropping that dime that went right thru his hands. 

I agree, he is supposed to be our difference maker, the get us over the hump guy teamed with Allen throwing the ball... MAJOR letdown. Which is why most of us hope for a Diggs replacement in the draft while Diggs takes on the #1b roll, although that might take a season or 3 and by that time Diggs is gone anyways

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

There is no insight or information. He’s just saying the grass isn’t always greener and he’s gonna be much more upset w Dak Prescott throwing him the ball and not JA. Diggs has no business saying anything after dropping that dime that went right thru his hands. 

I mean, isn't that part of the "beef" with Diggs currently - that he hasn't said anything after dropping that dime that went right through his hands?  He hasn't tweeted, he deleted his Instagram account, he refused to talk to the press in the locker room after the loss or on clean out day?

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He wasn't seeing double teams down the stretch. L'Jarius Sneed flat out erased him in the divisional round, the latest Chiefs CB to do so in a playoff game.

I'm hopeful the injury narrative is true. If the Diggs we got down the stretch is just who he is now, his contract is almost as big an albatross as Von Miller.

But this is the predictable outcome of massively under-investing in the WR position over the years. We went from lamenting our #2 WR situation to wondering if we even have a #1 still. Our WR depth chart as it stands right now is arguably worse than it was in 2019. Which is why Beane simply has to spend 2 high draft picks on the position this year. There is no other solution.

I agree that Beane needs to invest whatever he can to fix the WR room.

As far as two high draft picks though -

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I was 'hopeful' that Diggs was just nursing injuries since mid season.

I would feel a lot better if he wasnt participating in the Pro Bowl

What am I missing here?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-pro-bowl-games-complete-afc-roster-revealed

Wide receiver (4)

Tyreek Hill, Miami Dolphins*

Amari Cooper, Cleveland Browns*

Keenan Allen, Los Angeles Chargers

Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati Bengals

He's an alternate maybe?

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, isn't that part of the "beef" with Diggs currently - that he hasn't said anything after dropping that dime that went right through his hands?  He hasn't tweeted, he deleted his Instagram account, he refused to talk to the press in the locker room after the loss or on clean out day?

His brother is doing all of the talking for him

• Agree 1

On 1/24/2024 at 10:14 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

A lot of people will defend Diggs. I can’t find much to defend him on. Disappeared the second half of the season, takes himself out of the game way too much, drops passes, never fights for yardage. Not exactly many superstar qualities left. 

Never fights for yards?  What games are you watching.  He is always fighting for extra yards and has even turned those into big plays and even TD's.  People want to talk about his stats in 2nd half of seasons, that is fair.  Talk about some of the drop issues he had this year, that is fair.  But to say he doesn't fight for yards its just not at all an accurate description of him or how he plays.  

I also disagree he takes himself out of games...I see him getting open and not getting the ball.  I see him blocking on run plays and for other receivers.  Ive never watched a Bills game and said to myself Diggs is dogging it or taking himself out of the game.   

I dont have a good explanation with the consistent drop in production, but his effort is not something I question.  

Personally, I think it has been centered around issues with the offense and once the league gets a blueprint on how to take Diggs away, we have struggled to adjust. 

But lets also not forget as good as Josh is, as much as I love Josh and we all love Josh, there were quite a few times this year Diggs was open and Josh didn't see or flat out missed on the throw too.  DIdn't help our OC sucked for first 9 games either.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:37 PM, Don Otreply said:

WTF people! Everyone knows he has been playing injured, {abdominal injury} for quite some time now, i would have thought all you fuh  king geniuses knew this by now…, that and we have limited help around him, which you would, again,  think you bloody geniuses had picked up on at some point or another…, JFC people get your heads out of your  - - - - - and pay attention once and a while…,  

Some of you could drive a sane man to drinking,,,. 🍸🍸🍸

I thought Diggs was injured too.

I saw several times where he made a catch and was slow to get up.

As others have said, when the play didn't involve him he would take himself out to rest

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs didn't seem to have too much trouble separating from Ramsey and Apple in week 18.  On the first pass Allen overthrew him by a mile, on the second All underthrew him or it's a TD.  

Anyone watching these plays can easily see that he's running much shorter routes.  The other noticeable thing is that since Brady took over we've had multiple receivers in the same exact spots/areas too often.  It's clear that he's changed up the plays somewhat.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree that Beane needs to invest whatever he can to fix the WR room.

As far as two high draft picks though -

What am I missing here?

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-pro-bowl-games-complete-afc-roster-revealed

Wide receiver (4)

Tyreek Hill, Miami Dolphins*

Amari Cooper, Cleveland Browns*

Keenan Allen, Los Angeles Chargers

Ja’Marr Chase, Cincinnati Bengals

He's an alternate maybe?

I thought I saw that he was going, and he was going to participate in some sort of dodge ball thing or something

edit:  Just looked it up and he replaced Amari Cooper.

When people would complain about Diggs the past month or so, I insisted he was hurt.  I remember in maybe the Giants or Denver game, him getting thrown down super hard and he was slow to get up.  Looked like it wrenched his back or something.  Really wasn't the same since then.  

• Like (+1) 1

There was for sure an injury being dealt with that is at least part of the equation. Having season tix, Its been pretty plain to see at the stadium since around the Denver game. We often saw him holding his mid section, and back, getting up slowly and being deliberately stiff in his movements. The injury seems to crop up when he takes a very physical hit from a defender. Not when he's running a route uncontested.

Add that to aging (probably another small part of the equation) and lack of #2 WR, and we get the results we did.

The crap about him falling off a cliff or being disgruntled or not trying is absurd.

He wants it as much as anyone on the team and is an amazing coach on the field and sideline with his teammates. Always engaged. Always.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/24/2024 at 1:13 PM, Bills said:

Either he quit on the team or his game fell off a cliff and he’s close to being washed. My vote would be for the former. Either way we should move on from him as soon as possible. 

OP is burying the lede. The real question here is how in the name of Ralph Wilson's ghost were you able to get the straight-up handle 'Bills' in 2021?  Most new posters since 2010 are stuck using some variant of "IeAtCrAyOnz".

Just posted on MSN 2/2/24

ORLANDO, Fla. - Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs, in his first comments since his team was ousted from the playoffs, expressed a bit of uncertainty about his future in Buffalo while admitting regrets about the team's season-ending loss.

Diggs, who is participating in this weekend's Pro Bowl Games in Orlando, was asked whether he was optimistic about the future in Buffalo and delivered an answer that could be construed as non-committal.

"I feel like I take it day by day," he said. "Obviously, there's a lot of changes going on, a lot of things going on. I can't really put the carriage before the horse, you know what I'm saying? But I got a great offseason in front of me to put a lot of work in and kind of build around what we got and what we're doing.

"I can't tell you what the future holds, but I'm still being me."

When asked whether he was ready to move forward with the Bills, Diggs replied, "I'm ready to go no matter which way it goes." He did not elaborate.

Diggs declined comment after the Bills' 27-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Divisional round and had not spoken to reporters since the days leading up to the game. In the absence of his comments, speculation has emerged about Diggs' future in Buffalo.

Earlier in the season, when asked about his future, Diggs was adamant. He said, "I've never really said anything about being unhappy or any instance of that. So, when you're drawing conclusions as to stuff I've never said, that's what kind of troubles me... I've spoken true words. I've said the same thing over and over and over."

Asked about the Chiefs playoff game, Diggs on Friday said, "I've been in league for a long time. Obviously, even as players, some plays we want back and some plays I want back, especially at the end of the game. But it's not much you can do about it. Now, here as you take a couple of weeks to decompress and think about it, things could have been better. But [I'm] kind of rolling with the punches and moving forward."

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Just posted on MSN 2/2/24

ORLANDO, Fla. - Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs, in his first comments since his team was ousted from the playoffs, expressed a bit of uncertainty about his future in Buffalo while admitting regrets about the team's season-ending loss.

Diggs, who is participating in this weekend's Pro Bowl Games in Orlando, was asked whether he was optimistic about the future in Buffalo and delivered an answer that could be construed as non-committal.

"I feel like I take it day by day," he said. "Obviously, there's a lot of changes going on, a lot of things going on. I can't really put the carriage before the horse, you know what I'm saying? But I got a great offseason in front of me to put a lot of work in and kind of build around what we got and what we're doing.

When asked whether he was ready to move forward with the Bills, Diggs replied, "I'm ready to go no matter which way it goes." He did not elaborate.

Diggs declined comment after the Bills' 27-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Divisional round and had not spoken to reporters since the days leading up to the game. In the absence of his comments, speculation has emerged about Diggs' future in Buffalo.

Earlier in the season, when asked about his future, Diggs was adamant. He said, "I've never really said anything about being unhappy or any instance of that. So, when you're drawing conclusions as to stuff I've never said, that's what kind of troubles me... I've spoken true words. I've said the same thing over and over and over."

Asked about the Chiefs playoff game, Diggs on Friday said, "I've been in league for a long time. Obviously, even as players, some plays we want back and some plays I want back, especially at the end of the game. But it's not much you can do about it. Now, here as you take a couple of weeks to decompress and think about it, things could have been better. But [I'm] kind of rolling with the punches and moving forward."

For someone who “can’t tell you what the future holds,” despite the fact he’s firmly under contract the next four years, to me it sounds like he got word the team may want to do something with his contract that doesn’t benefit him. Pay cut request?

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39445138/bills-wr-stefon-diggs-uncertain-future-holds

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs, in his first comments since his team was ousted from the playoffs, expressed a bit of uncertainty about his future in Buffalo while acknowledging regrets about the team's season-ending loss.

Diggs, who is participating in this weekend's Pro Bowl Games in Orlando, was asked whether he was optimistic about the future in Buffalo and delivered an answer that could be construed as noncommittal.

Diggs had not spoken with reporters since prior to his team's AFC wild-card round win over the Pittsburgh Steelers and he regularly declines to take part in media appearances after games. In the absence of his comments, speculation has emerged about Diggs' future in Buffalo.

Asked about the Chiefs playoff game, Diggs on Friday said, "I've been in the league for a long time. Obviously, even as players, some plays we want back and some plays I want back, especially at the end of the game. But it's not much you can do about it. Now, here as you take a couple of weeks to decompress and think about it, things could have been better. But [I'm] kind of rolling with the punches and moving forward."

Really wish Diggs would have more self-awareness when he talks to the media. Every offseason it's the same cryptic messaging and it becomes a distraction.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39445138/bills-wr-stefon-diggs-uncertain-future-holds

Really wish Diggs would have more self-awareness when he talks to the media. Every offseason it's the same cryptic messaging and it becomes a distraction.

Yeah, people like to write off Diggs comments, and they probably don’t matter much, but I don’t get why he says this stuff. All he needs to say is I’m a Buffalo Bill, next question. 

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, people like to write off Diggs comments, and they probably don’t matter much, but I don’t get why he says this stuff. All he needs to say is I’m a Buffalo Bill, next question. 

I’ve said it before, but one of my friends who used to play in the nfl keeps telling me that “your bills need to get rid of that guy”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Diggs hasn’t done shyt in the postseason since the Minnesota miracle. They paying him too much money to be a non factor in the playoffs. Opportunities were there to be made vs. KC and he just didn’t make them. Hopefully him and Josh can get together this offseason and work on their timing together because they were off all season. Especially on explosive plays down the field. 

• Like (+1) 1