People donating to charity TBass has worked with

Didn't catch this posted.  Apparently Bills fans have been donating $22 to a cat rescue group "Ten Lives Club" that he has worked with in the past on a 'Show Your Soft Side' campaign.

As I'm sure many are aware, he's deleted his social media ostensibly due to a barrage of threats.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fans-support-bills-tyler-bass-with-thousands-in-donations-to-cat-rescue-group-144717001.html

Edited by klumzyfule66
  • Vomit 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I had concern for the guy the minute he missed the kick…

Its not all fans but some can be diabolically ruthless with their words and actions when you’re part of the situation causing them the most stress…

Hope he bounces back and people choose to rally behind and support him than choose to insult, threat or demoralize a guy who no one came feel worse for what’s happened

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It’s unfair to attack him personally. Fans have to be bigger than that. I maintain the game was over if he had nailed that kick anyway. No way was that defense stopping Mahomes from getting at least a FG. 

All that said, I think Bass is cooked. It was discussed yesterday that once a kicker’s mind goes into yips mode, they never recover to become one of the best in the league, which is what we need him to be given that contract. He may have another year or two where he returns to form and does well, but make no mistake, if the yips leave it’s only temporary, they’ll be coming back at some point and now that he’s missed a playoff game tie/winner he has that to further cloud his mind. 

Edited by Brand J
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, paulmm3 said:

Fans should donate directly to Bass instead, asking him to retire and take his contract off our books so we can sign a non-scrub kicker

It’s people like you that contribute to the bullying mentality.  Get lost. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7

That was the weirdest kick after finally having the guts to rewatch it. He didn’t shank it at all. It looked dead center then just changed directions rapidly out of nowhere. Looking at the flags at the goal posts, the wind wasn’t blowing hard either. Makes me really think Buffalo is cursed somehow. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

That was the weirdest kick after finally having the guts to rewatch it. He didn’t shank it at all. It looked dead center then just changed directions rapidly out of nowhere. Looking at the flags at the goal posts, the wind wasn’t blowing hard either. Makes me really think Buffalo is cursed somehow. 

I agree. Just kind of sliced it. Although I don't know why he doesn't correct a bit more toward the left post ...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

His kicks tend to have a bit of an arc I think.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree. Just kind of sliced it. Although I don't know why he doesn't correct a bit more toward the left post ...

Just horrible luck all around. I really hope he uses it as motivation and corrects whatever mechanics or confidence issues he has over the offseason. I was angry at first, but Bass has made some HUGE kicks over the years. I think they should pick up a Kicker in the draft as competition, but I don’t want to give up completely. His slump lately has been very concerning though. Unfortunately, we have all these players that we are contractually tied to. 

Hey donating to charity is wonderful. Power to you…but what are we doing here? I mean obviously don’t be making threats to the guy but now we have to be donating to his charity because he’s upset? I mean it’s a kick you have to make. There’s considerable middle ground between being an ####### and threatening him and acting like we are happy. If you want to give to a worth cause, go ahead. But what are we doing here.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Hey donating to charity is wonderful. Power to you…but what are we doing here? I mean obviously don’t be making threats to the guy but now we have to be donating to his charity because he’s upset? I mean it’s a kick you have to make. There’s considerable middle ground between being an ####### and threatening him and acting like we are happy. If you want to give to a worth cause, go ahead. But what are we doing here.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything.  Some think it's a nice way of showing support for one of our players who is getting completely outrageous and uncalled for abuse.  

Listen, I'm as pissed and disappointed as anyone that Bass missed that kick.  It's okay to vent some frustration on this message board, but for these @ssholes physically threatening Bass through his social media, I'd love to hold them accountable face-to-face.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Seconded.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.