People donating to charity TBass has worked with

3 hours ago, MWK said:

It has truly gotten out of control. Anytime something bad happens, fans immediately start looking for a charity to donate to. It was kind of cool when they did it for Andy Dalton, and when they did it for Allen’s grandmother and Hamlin. That’s it. Donating for Lamar and Tua when they got concussions was silly. Donating to Nashville charities when Titans fans bought bots on Twitter to win a fan poll was even more ridiculous. Donating to a charity to make the Ravens radio guy feel guilty for insulting Buffalo made people look small time. The most ridiculous part is they announce it to the world that they have donated and congratulate each other on donating. It’s not about donating to a good cause, it’s become about the publicity and attention people get for donating money. As long as everyone can tweet #BillsMafia and people like Del Reid can self compost themselves, I’m sure this will continue.

Couldn't agree more, it's all virtue signaling and bull####. I quit giving to any charity during 2020 and it just looks weak at this point for Bills Mafia to just give their money away. I also hate cats, so this charity means nothing to me

Edited by uticaclub
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, Nklaiste1 said:

You say Bass isn't the reason we lost, but you also said "the odds were high that KC would get into FG range and kick the game winner".

It seems like you want it both ways. 

That doesn’t even make sense 

15 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Are we really donating for every single thing now? Like what ? Have we become so soft as a fan base that we accept a Loser mentality.  We are seriously donating to a man that didn't do his job. We as fans are fostering this losing culture. 

Make it make sense. And don't give me the bull crap about feeling bad for him because of "death threats " . These were most likely sent by a couple keyboard warriors and aren't at all indicative of the fan base as a whole. Bass knows that , everyone knows that  ... we don't need to donate to make our players "feel better ". DO YOUR JOB

Great human here. 🙄🙄

10 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You people shaming others for wanting to donate to help a cause really need to do some serious self reflection... it's not like we are rewarding Bass, we are helping this world be a better place. If you can't understand that then it's a you problem.

1000% this. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/26/2024 at 11:29 PM, MWK said:

I’ll be glad to donate to McDummy’s favorite charity whenever the glorious day comes that he is fired

Thanks for letting me know.

On 1/26/2024 at 3:00 PM, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Are we really donating for every single thing now? Like what ? Have we become so soft as a fan base that we accept a Loser mentality.  We are seriously donating to a man that didn't do his job. We as fans are fostering this losing culture. 

Make it make sense. And don't give me the bull crap about feeling bad for him because of "death threats " . These were most likely sent by a couple keyboard warriors and aren't at all indicative of the fan base as a whole. Bass knows that , everyone knows that  ... we don't need to donate to make our players "feel better ". DO YOUR JOB

I think you're under the impression this money is going straight to Bass's checking account.

You're not donating to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

IF... Bass was a Bill with a 10-year career in this city and he made some championship kicks for us, I'd understand this.

Right now, he's just a kid who has made several million dollars and missed a kick he's paid very handsomely to make. So I don't get the charity thing is this case.

If Poyer or Hyde badly missed a tackle that led to the game winner, I'd understand it. Not for Bass. My $.02. I'm sure many will think I'm an uncaring a$$****.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

IF... Bass was a Bill with a 10-year career in this city and he made some championship kicks for us, I'd understand this.

Right now, he's just a kid who has made several million dollars and missed a kick he's paid very handsomely to make. So I don't get the charity thing is this case.

If Poyer or Hyde badly missed a tackle that led to the game winner, I'd understand it. Not for Bass. My $.02. I'm sure many will think I'm an uncaring a$$****.

I get this.

But Bass, the kid, is hurting.  He just cost his teammates, and the Bills mafia, a chance to go to the AFCCG.  It's gotta suck.  

By supporting his charity, we're supporting a young man who tried his best but came up short.  And we're showing the team that they have our support even when things go bad.  We're proving to the NFL that Bills fans are special.  Thousands cheered Scott Norwood when he returned from the first SB.  Now we're supporting Tyler Bass.  

Normal fan bases don't behave this way.  We're not normal.  We're the Bills mafia.  We're more rabid than other fans but we're classier, too, and more loyal.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I get this.

But Bass, the kid, is hurting.  He just cost his teammates, and the Bills mafia, a chance to go to the AFCCG.  It's gotta suck.  

By supporting his charity, we're supporting a young man who tried his best but came up short.  And we're showing the team that they have our support even when things go bad.  We're proving to the NFL that Bills fans are special.  Thousands cheered Scott Norwood when he returned from the first SB.  Now we're supporting Tyler Bass.  

Normal fan bases don't behave this way.  We're not normal.  We're the Bills mafia.  We're more rabid than other fans but we're classier, too, and more loyal.  

I see that point of view.

I don't personally agree with it but if fans feel it's a good way to support him, I get it.

I don't think this is black and white and I've outline my thoughts. All the best to those who support him and I hope next year Bass is money. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.