Bass manned up and spoke to the media. Diggs dissapeared during playoffs, then ducked the media

Pete

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

The point is it should be discussed, but if someone says lies or gives misinformation it too should be called out. But Diggs past or future contracts or past or current behavior doesn’t get him a pass for any actions or behavior. And to think as some here try to imply, us in this forum discussing his behavior will somehow hurt his feelings, sorry that has zero effect on how he feels about the Bills.

I hope he gets back to where he was, I don’t know if he was injured in some way, it certainly looked like it. But with his contract the Bills need better production, and mentally I think he needs to be able to provide it to be happy with himself and the team. 

I never once mentioned Diggs reading this forum, so not sure why you keep mentioning that.  

I simply asked why do people keep trying to force a negative narrative every time Diggs doesnsomething that he always does.  Never seen a player whose every move is always being tried to be twisted into something negative.  Him not talking to the press after the game is 100% normal.  He normally does not talk to the press after the game, especially after hard losses like this one.  

But here people are acting like its abnormal and a bad sign and he is a bad person for doing the same thing he has always done and that MANY players do.  its ridiculous.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The narrative some people want to create just isn;t there, and its sad to see the Bills fan always looking for a reason to turn on him rather than understand him.  

I really don't care about what he does off the field. His on-field performance this year was not up to his standards, that is what I actually care about. But my point is that you can't act dumbfounded when fans and the media question Diggs' behavior. He has brought that on himself. You can't just pretend the narrative isn't there... And every new instance of questionable behavior is going to be folded into the narrative. That's how it always works in any public arena.

So hey if the new version of Diggs' public persona is the Invisible Man I have zero issues with that. But it is going to take time for him to build up some credit and prove that he is not the type of person who only publicly criticizes others, never himself. Diggs has to be the one to change that narrative.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

The defense is why we lost that game.  Atrocious and embarrassing performance by them.

Didn’t Evans cause an INT in the first quarter of their game against Detroit?

I might agree with this had it been our starters out there, but it was a severely wounded outfit we put on the field in this game and they did well enough to give us a chance to win. Calling it “atrocious and embarrassing” is just silly, and embarrassing. 

7 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you care if he talks to the media? Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

Diggs is mentally weak.. it’s obvious.  He lacked the concentration to make a catch on one of three deep throws he was targeted on.  No it is not all on him but he added to the issues this team had that lead to the loss.  Postgame he decided to take the ball and go home like a little boy.  His decision.  The fans and the media can make a decision on how they feel about him too.  One thing is for sure.  If this team is looking for leadership, they won’t find it with Stefan Diggs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bass was a perfect 9/9 in his career when tied or trailing by 3 points or less with less than 2 minutes left or OT.

Let that marinate.

We know he has been good previously … hence why they paid him ...

It’s about where the is at the moment and whether he can get over it ..

I think his troubles are more than “a bad day at the office”.. He has been shaky for some weeks now..

I hope he gets over it … 

35 minutes ago, gmcintos99 said:

No one better is available.

Nobody is better than Joe Brady? Well I guess they better open up their wallet because there are a lot of openings around the league for OC and if nobody is better, Brady will be able to name his price.

I don't care if he talks to the media afterwards, but I do care that he shows up on the field. 

He's done. We need a WR room overhaul this year. Invest in guys that can make plays down the field, to take advantage of Josh's cannon. Diggs can stay on, but at a reduced rate, although I'm not sure we have an out or much negotiating power without a big cap hit.

The fact is dude spent so much time with cryptic messages on Twitter and then when his number is called (aka he is gift wrapped a PERFECT 60 yard pass) he quite literally dropped the ball. 

He wanted the ball. He got it. And he ***** dropped it. Then got up and did his “so close” gesture. 

But we’re stuck with him. So no point crying over spilled milk. 

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The fact is dude spent so much time with cryptic messages on Twitter and then when his number is called (aka he is gift wrapped a PERFECT 60 yard pass) he quite literally dropped the ball. 

He wanted the ball. He got it. And he ***** dropped it. Then got up and did his “so close” gesture. 

But we’re stuck with him. So no point crying over spilled milk. 

Diggs - 2024 season $27,854,00 cap hit, dead cap hit $31,096,000

7 hours ago, boyst said:

Why do so many people not care about Diggs? Disrespect him? Think so poorly of him?

Go to a game. He is on the field warming up with as much passion as anyone. He talks to the crowd, he makes the game special for many people - especially children. The dude wears his heart on his sleeve for each game and remains a higher end talent at WR.

It's weird - especially because he is the only WR we have going into next season.

It may seem that way now, but I wouldn't be shocked if something happens and he won't be.

i really dont get this Sherfield hate.  he didnt drop that long pass,  he only had ONE ARM to catch with.  if you actually watch the replay,  its a clear foul on the Chefs CB.  obviously not called,  but hey,  Sherfield is baaaaaad right?

things didnt go our way,  time to whine and cry about every little dropped pass,  penalty,  etc, etc, etc.  line up the whipping boys,  fans need something to B word about.  pathetic.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Why do you care if he talks to the media? Does Diggs come harass you when you have a bad day at work or don’t feel like talking to people? 

I can say for me, he does NOT.  I don't even think he knows where I work.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually sounds more like your narrative and your biased agenda towards an apparent dislike of Diggs.  You literally are now just making up that Stefon was involved despite literally no evidence of that on or off the field.  

Again...what do you get out of just making up narratives to tear people down?  I mean his brother tweeted it out while Stefon was STILL ON THE FIELD.  But I guess in your mind it makes more sense that him and his brother got together with a premeditated plan for Treyvon to tweet these pre planned things out that him and Stef came up with if there was ever a moment where the Bills were upset in a loss.  Somehow this makes more sense to you than his brother just spouting off his own thoughts live in the game.  

Its amazing to me how little actual logic is considered when people make up these narratives. 

Interesting take. 

Blind but interesting take.

As for you accusation that I am biased against Diggs: I actually really liked the guys until he started acting like a diva last off season and especially when his brother started with his BS. Again, if you don't think his brother had full authority to say what he said, that is your prerogative. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Interesting take. 

Blind but interesting take.

As for you accusation that I am biased against Diggs: I actually really liked the guys until he started acting like a diva last off season and especially when his brother started with his BS. Again, if you don't think his brother had full authority to say what he said, that is your prerogative. 

So where is your evidence that Stefon...while on the field still...contacted his brother and gave him the OK to tweet that?  Did Diggs have a hidden cell phone in his jock to make contact with his brother?  Was it sign language signals on TV?  Or are you suggesting the two brothers got together prior to the game and said if there is an upset loss go ahead and start the tweeting?  

I mean...at the very least explain how stefon was involved in those tweets while still on the field when they happened.  Otherwise, you are flat out inventing a narrative to support the bias you now have as you so put from your perception of last offseason. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

His stats from the last 3 Divisional Playoff losses:

2022: 3 rec for 7yds
2023: 4 rec for 35yds
2024: 3 rec for 21yds

Hasn't scored a playoff TD in 4 years. Easy to see why he ducks the media every year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.