Gabe plans to test free agency

Einstein

Just now, BBFL said:

Good riddance?

I don’t know man. I’ll always be grateful for his show in the 13 seconds game…

2Pac and King Cade are the future… No problem moving on from Gabe but have some respect for the production he contributed lol

Gabe Davis is the Ryan Fitzpatrick of wide receivers. He’ll wow you with a big game and follow it up w/ a complete stinker dropping everything. The 13 second game was phenomenal, but I attribute a lot of that to the attention they were giving Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Gabe's value on his rookie contract was great for us. Let him go get an Edmunds contract. He was a good teammate and provided some value to this team. He just proved he wasn't "the guy". 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Most rabbit-eared player on the team.   Always fighting with fans behind the Bills bench, and as I mentioned it got so ugly last night that 2 sections were serenading him out at the end of the game.    He can take his hard hands and history of "miscommunications" with Allen elsewhere.      

• Agree 1

I'm trying to decide what kind of deal/situation I'd even take him back on. 

WR in round 1 plus a 2 year $10M deal. I could probably handle that. WR's are Diggs, Shakir, Rookie. Then Davis as the #4 deep threat/blocking WR. Steep price for that player and he'll get more than that but that's about all I could handle for him to be back. 

I was thinking this yesterday. I wonder if he wasn't in a hurry to rush back from his injury knowing he's entering free agency. College players do that when they are about to enter the NFL draft. It's a sissy move for sure

15 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

What % of Allen's interceptions were Davis passes this season?  

A little under 40% of Allen's INT's over the past two seasons have come when targeting Gabe.

Now consider THIS:

Gabe has missed 4 games as a Bill.

In those 4 games Gabe missed, Allen was 67% for 1020 passing yards, 11 passing TD's, 0 Interceptions and 3 rushing TD's.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't see Gabe coming back. I think they draft two WRs in the first three rounds. Keep Diggs for at least another year while the rookies get up to speed. Shakir is more reliable than Gabe and DK2 is the receiving TE that we hoped DK1 would become. Someone will pay more for Gabe than he'll get as our WR4.

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Gabe Davis is the Ryan Fitzpatrick of wide receivers. He’ll wow you with a big game and follow it up w/ a complete stinker dropping everything. The 13 second game was phenomenal, but I attribute a lot of that to the attention they were giving Diggs. 

He played some great games for us. WR is also a position that can be feast or famine from game to game. I think certainly there are upgrades from Gabe Davis, but there are a lot of downgrades also. All that said, they haven't handed him an extension, and it looks like he'll be walking in free agency. I see him as another Tremaine Edmunds - probably not worth his "market value."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.