Stefon Diggs Trade Proposal (Hypothetical)

SCBills

IF the Bills are able to maneuver around his cap hit and someone offers a Second Round Pick.  Do you take it?

Where there's a will, there's a way and I think it's a no-brainer to trade him at this point if not for the dead cap.  I was on his side over the summer, but he's just negative energy at this point.  Weird vibes and doesn't back it up on the field.  Gets shut down, again, by Kansas City.  Fumbles on the first play.  Drops a 65 yard bomb in the 4th Quarter from Allen and makes a gesture intimating that it was on Allen.

I'm over it. 

I'd rather give Allen a couple Day 1/Day 2 Wide Receivers to go with Kincaid, Knox, Shakir and Cook at this point.  

The dead cap hit might make this completely impossible, but if the Bills can get creative, I think we're better off.  The relationship just seems like it's run it's course. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

IF the Bills are able to maneuver around his cap hit and someone offers a Second Round Pick.  Do you take it?

Where there's a will, there's a way and I think it's a no-brainer to trade him at this point if not for the dead cap.  I was on his side over the summer, but he's just negative energy at this point.  Weird vibes and doesn't back it up on the field.  Gets shut down, again, by Kansas City.  Fumbles on the first play.  Drops a 65 yard bomb in the 4th Quarter from Allen and makes a gesture intimating that it was on Allen.

I'm over it. 

I'd rather give Allen a couple Day 1/Day 2 Wide Receivers to go with Kincaid, Knox, Shakir and Cook at this point.  

The dead cap hit might make this completely impossible, but if the Bills can get creative, I think we're better off.  The relationship just seems like it's run it's course. 

Honestly no one is taking Diggs at a 25 million dollar cap hit that’s Devante Adams territory and he is not Devante if you did get rid of Diggs you go into the offseason needing to replace your number 1 Diggs 2 Davis and 4 Sherfield. 
I think he is washed myself but need to get another receiver Josh can develop chemistry with before getting rid of the guy. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What’s even the point of discussing things that have no chance of happening? 

There's a chance. 

I didn't believe it would be on the table prior to this post-season, but I think this off-season might shock some people.  

The Bills can clear cap, and maybe it's not to re-sign guys.. maybe it's to reload through the draft and get younger. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

What’s even the point of discussing things that have no chance of happening? 

How do you figure?  The cap is bs.  Saints again are 100 mill over and not only will be under, again!,  but draft amd sign a couple FA-s

If they were to trade Diggs after June 1st,  it would save them $19 million on the 2024 salary cap.  Of course,  that also means that if the trade were for a draft pick,  it would have to be for 2025,  and would also push a portion of the dead cap into 2025. 

I'm not saying they should do it,  just that it's not impossible. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Didn't read it......DO IT!!!!!!

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Didn't read it......DO IT!!!!!!

lol...ok I just read it....we are NOT getting a second for an over the hill, underproducing, can't catch a ball, fumbling on the first play of the game diva.  I'd be happy with a 4th.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Got to love how Diggs has been a great teammate all season but because his production has been down from what seems likely a persisting injury it's LOCKER ROOM CANCER! everywhere.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Diggs needs to be gone and wants to be gone but I don’t know how they get it done without the Bills taking the hit.  If the Bills can get a 2nd for him without going too far into the whole I say take it. Heck, I will give him up for a 3rd. 

Just now, Warcodered said:

Got to love how Diggs has been a great teammate all season but because his production has been down from what seems likely a persisting injury it's LOCKER ROOM CANCER! everywhere.

He’s been a great teammate all season?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Got to love how Diggs has been a great teammate all season but because his production has been down from seems likely a persisting injury it's LOCKER ROOM CANCER! everywhere.

The one thing I will say is just 1 year ago Diggs had absolutely no problem throwing Josh under the bus. Now that the shoe is on the other foot you

don’t see Allen saying boy Steph really sucked today. 

• Like (+1) 3

I just posted this in the other Diggs thread but it works here: 

If Diggs can find a way to be reasonably productive this year without causing a scene, the Bills should hold off on moving on and keep the $3M cost savings by keeping him here. 

Some interesting numbers in relation to Diggs cap. For reference red is bad. But his contract is absolutely workable this offseason if all parties NEED to walk away from each other. People freak out over the $31M as if it is in addition to. The post June 2024 number is interesting, and I think it could make Stef a post June trade candidate this year. 

2024 Pre June: -$3M (+$22M in 2025)

2024 Post June: $19M (-$22M in 2025)

2025 Pre June: $5M ($28M in 2026)

2025 Post June: $18.5M (-13M in 2026

There is zero place where discussing restructuring Diggs makes any sense. It should be removed from every single discussion of the Bills cap space from here on out.  It didn't make sense 3 months ago and it makes much less sense today. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trading Diggs prior to 6/1 would increase his cap hit from $27.9M to $31.1M. We are at a point where it is possible to do this - albeit very painful and unlikely. I do not see another team trading a second round pick (especially in this draft which is loaded with WR talent) and paying Diggs $18.8M for the season. Not when Diggs turns 31 in November. 

I think we are stuck with him one more season and then he gets designated a 6/1 cut the following offseason. But to the OP’s question - hell, yes, I’d move him for a 2 and take the cap hit. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm over it. 

Fvck no. What the hell is a 2nd round pick going to do for us? Take on 31 million in dead cap for a 2nd? You must have lost your mind.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.