[per Simon] Should we sign Winfield, jr to make our team better.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]
  • Marlton Bills changed the title to [per Simon] Should we sign Winfield, jr to make our team better.

A move like this won't move the needle at all.

We need to get some major reorganization going around here.

There were actually people here who thought signing Von Miller was going to put us over the top.

How did that work out?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

There were actually people here who thought signing Von Miller was going to put us over the top.

How did that work out?

He got injured. It happens. 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

How did that work out?

I thought von played his best game against KC

Did you see list of Bills’ FA’s?  There isn’t going to be any big splashy FA signings.  I’m not a doom and gloom we’re in cap hell guy.  The recent drafts have turned out to be pretty damn good and that’s going to help.  Just have to have another strong draft and sign a couple of our own guys, especially Jones.

Bills really need an infusion of impactful talent thru the draft for obvious reasons. (Cap hit, age and talent)

Look at Detroit and the impactful young players they have at the skill positions. 

If you’re spending $$$$ in FA it better dang well go to a stud WR! All of money spent on the D hasn’t gotten you over the hump when it matters. 

35 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Rapp will be gone … doubt there is money for Winfield

I’ll put him in the Mike Evans , Henry column as nice to have but someone paying him more money 

Why will Rapp be gone? He appears athletic, an hard hitter and I believe he showed well when given playing time.

Edited by Beast

Winfield will almost certainly be Tampa's top priority this offseason, followed by Evans and Baker. Winfield will probably get the franchise tag if he's unwilling to sign long-term for Tampa. I'd be very surprised if either Winfield or Evans leave.

Great player though obviously.

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He’s not? I thought he was decent. Good run support and he even came away with a nice pick to clinch the division. 

Rapp did have a few good games, but I do not think his overall body of work came close to earning him a starting spot. I’m sure he’d like a shot at starting somewhere though. He looked for that opportunity and contract last off-season too, but $1.77M to be a backup on the Bills was his best option. If he wants to sign here again for something similar and compete for a starting spot, then I’m good with that. But no way am I signing him for starter money and I would make sure to draft or otherwise bring in competition.

If we spent on a certain starter then I think Rapp would go elsewhere where he’d get the opportunity to compete for a starting spot and/or playing time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.