We win this game with Dehop

40 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We win this game with Bernard.

I think we needed Bernard, Milano, Rapp and Benford.  Klein was raped and abused by Kelce all night. He should not have been on the field. Rapp would have laid some wood on him and a healthy Milano and/or Bernard could have kept pace.  Cam Lewis should not have been on the field either.  Dane Jackson is not as good as Benford. We needed a healthy LB core and secondary to contain Mahomes. Plus our DL was crap in getting pressure on him.  Von was a bust this year and Epensa and Rouseau did not show up to make plays.  Very sad loss. This one hurt. It's going to be a long off-season.

Just now, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I think we needed Bernard, Milano, Rapp and Benford.  Klein was raped and abused by Kelce all night. He should not have been on the field. Rapp would have laid some wood on him and a healthy Milano and/or Bernard could have kept pace.  Cam Lewis should not have been on the field either.  Dane Jackson is not as good as Benford. We needed a healthy LB core and secondary to contain Mahomes. Plus our DL was crap in getting pressure on him.  Von was a bust this year and Epensa and Rouseau did not show up to make plays.  Very sad loss. This one hurt. It's going to be a long off-season.

Amen.

We put 182 yards on the Ground. Outgained them in yards 368-361. 27 first downs to their 21. Controlled the time of possession 37 minutes to 23 - with a game plan to control the ball and not force things down field against a strong pass Defense.

I refuse to sit here and let the takeaway of this game be the Offense wasn't enough. It was an already decimated Defense using reserves that weren't 100% themselves against a top QB and offense playing their best ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Read somewhere that Floyd has had 1 sack in the last 8 games. Is that true? The DL performance tonight was extremely surprising. I thought they’d be much more effective bottling up the run and at least getting pressure from the edges. They did almost nothing. Completely pwned.

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

He wanted to come here too

It really is insane. He was affordable (if we handled our FA right), he wanted to be here, we openly flirted with him, he was an obvious fit for Allen's skill set, and he filled a need. What in the hell happened that led Beane to pass on the most obvious signing of the millennium? I sincerely believe it was a season-altering mistake and I just can't begin to understand why.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Not to mention $9M to Floyd. Sure he was good in the regular season, but did we really need to spend $9M on defensive end when we already invested how many high draft picks and capital on the D-line? 

Floyd was a constant bright spot on our D. I was hoping more from guys like Gregg R, and AJE home grown talent. 

I don’t think we punt with Dhop. Continuing to put faith in Davis development has cost us. Gabe is a nice player but not a consistent number 2

Had a chance to sign him or trade for him and we passed both times with a clear need. 

unreal

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

We win the game if Josh Allen took what the defense was giving him in the final 2 mins of the game, like he had been playing the previous 58 mins.

The defense gave him an open WR in the end zone. The read was perfect.

The whole "hero ball" conversation has gotten way out of control and it's based entirely in emotion. Now we have reached a point where any pass more than 10 yards downfield counts as "not taking what the defense gives him."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The whole "hero ball" conversation has gotten way out of control and it's based entirely in emotion. Now we have reached a point where any pass more than 10 yards downfield counts as "not taking what the defense gives him."

Agreed Happy he has to take checkdowns every single solitary play or that isn’t taking what the defense gives him. On WGR tonight they said Allen had over 100 yards in dropped passes. You can’t beat the defending champs with those kind of stats. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm not emotional about it personally. I thought it was the wrong choice to give Mahomes 2 mins to go win the game.

I loved the long grinding drives and the methodical nature of the offense all game...

I actually thought this game was the most Bradyesque Josh has ever played in a big game. 

I did just rewatch the 3rd down play bc I thought he turned down an open throw to Shakir for the 1st down in order to buy more time to throw into the end zone again.

But Shakir was running back towards Josh a few yards short of the sticks being trailed by a KC defensive back. 

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I thought it was the wrong choice to give Mahomes 2 mins to go win the game.

Your opinion on how fast we should score a TD does not mean Allen's decision to throw the ball to an open WR in the endzone was hero ball. He literally just read cover 2 and threw to his downfield cover 2 beater for a go ahead score in crunch time. There is nothing more that needs to be said about that read. It is completely meaningless that Diggs was wide open on a shallow crosser as far as analyzing Allen's decision making on that play.

Sorry if I sound snippy, it has become commonplace on here for people to totally misinterpret what QBs are doing on any given down and it's gotten very tiring.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Your opinion on how fast we should score a TD does not mean Allen's decision to throw the ball to an open WR in the endzone was hero ball. He literally just read cover 2 and threw to his downfield cover 2 beater for a go ahead score in crunch time. There is nothing more that needs to be said about that read. It is completely meaningless that Diggs was wide open on a shallow crosser as far as analyzing Allen's decision making on that play.

Sorry if I sound snippy, it has become commonplace on here for people to totally misinterpret what QBs are doing on any given down and it's gotten very tiring.

No worries, I'm the farthest thing from a Josh Allen critic and have never harped on him playing "hero ball." And I understand the frustration with the "wrong Josh" posters who only pop up to tell the board "told ya so" when Allen has an off game.

I guess I really felt he was going to lead an 8 minute drive, like he'd done serval times already, and leave Mahomes with no time and seal the win. 

21 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Floyd was a difference maker in multiple games.  Without that signing they don’t make it this far.  Epanesa, on the other hand, was on a milk carton.

Epenesa was a bad pick and fit from day one. Another wasted high pick to throw in the bucket with Cody Ford, Kaiir Elam, Boogie, Moss, Zay Jones. Just huge misses. 

21 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Floyd was a difference maker in multiple games.  Without that signing they don’t make it this far.  Epanesa, on the other hand, was on a milk carton.

Huh? Dude had a massive year despite routinely getting benched for Von Miller and is likely about to make stupid money.

Edited by BullBuchanan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.