We win this game with Dehop

10 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't say that it's all due to the failure to acquire one particular player,  but yes,  the front office deserves considerable blame for not adequately addressing the WR position the last two seasons. 

I said it before the beginning of the season and got a bunch of eye rolls, thumbs down and puke emojis. Expecting lower round WR’s and lower tier WR’s to make an impact was a huge mistake for two years in a row. Bills are wasting Allen’s best years 🤬😤

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’ll say it Dehop doesn’t drop the throws that Diggs and Sherfield did tonight. We chose to take that money and sign Leonard Floyd instead when he wanted to come here. This loss is on the front office as much as the players. 

also chose Sherfield and Harty over Hopkins.  I'd take Hopkins and Floyd over Sherfield and Harty.   Floyd vanished toward the end of the year.  Along with over drafted AJ and Greg R. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bernard is the one who makes the adjustments for them.  Not surprising the on field adjustments were terrible.

I wouldn't care if the Bills went WRin round 1 AND 2 this year.  The way McD can basically turn 6th and 7th round DBs into good players, they can ill afford to waste high picks on D while not addressing WR again big time. 

Nukua and St. Brown weren’t first round picks.  

I don’t think you force the issue.  

You know who the best draft pick to fall to the best team in the last 2 years was?

Kyle Hamilton at 14 in 2022 to Baltimore.  You’re going to see him all over Kelce next week.  

We would force the issue at 14 and take WR.  

Just draft great players.  I don’t care what position they play.  I don’t care when we draft them.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Floyd was a difference maker in multiple games.  Without that signing they don’t make it this far.  Epanesa, on the other hand, was on a milk carton.

IMO, having Hopkins would have accounted for more production/points on offense. Epeneza played good when he wasn’t hurt. Rousseau had spotty production this season.

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not the way the D line played.  I’m not sure how much a difference he makes.  

Mahomes looked comfortable and wasn’t sacked.  

I mean the ripple down effect sure it’s possible with him we get that one stop.  

Our D line was atrocious 

What.  Hersey.  Be gone.  McD is a defensive genius.  Wasn't his fault, it was (checks notes of excuses for McD this year) the LB injuries! 

1 minute ago, Jerry Jabber said:

IMO, having Hopkins would have accounted for more production/points on offense. Epeneza played good when he wasn’t hurt. Rousseau had spotty production this season.

Our Dline is the same as it’s been for 5 years.  

Feasts on garbage olines. 

Disappears vs the great ones.  Every time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Our Dline is the same as it’s been for 5 years.  

Feasts on garbage olines. 

Disappears vs the great ones.  Every time. 

same with the HC.  

Hasn't beaten a 1-4 seed in the playoffs.  

I agree. If by DeAndre Hopkins, you mean Matt Milano, Terrel Bernard, and Christian Benford.

We possessed the ball 8 times. We scored on 4 and would have scored on 5 if Bass hadn't missed. Josh Allen played with his hair on fire. Guys like Shakir, Kincaid, and Cook were making plays when called upon. Diggs made some plays and had some drops. 

It wasn't lack of offense that did us in. Josh was an absolute monster. It was a decimated Defense. Many of the reserves clearly playing injured. Douglas couldn't follow guys downfield. The simplest move in the open field, even by Mahomes and he was lost. Dodson played hurt, went down again, and kept playing. Klein rolled his ankle and kept playing on it. The Special Teams was an albatross. Martin was clearly still hurt, giving them short fields when he did have to punt. And Bass? Well.... I don't want to talk about that.

Even if he made that kick, it's clear that the Defense would have folded again as they were driving with no issue before the kneel down. Simply didn't have the Defensive personnel to stop Mahomes and company on the field. I don't think 1 player was going to put more than 10 more points on the board. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

same with the HC.  

Hasn't beaten a 1-4 seed in the playoffs.  

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to slam him tonight.  Everyone upset about him and that record you posted is correct and troubling.  I’ve been as outspoken as anyone about firing him being a simple business decision to optimize Allen and how long can you stand in front of the same guys with the same message year after year and not even making it to a AFCCG more then once and going on 4 years now.  

But we’re here.  We’re playing on January 20th every year.  How many current coaches not named Reid can say this currently?

I don’t know what you do.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I’m not going to defend him.  I’m not going to slam him tonight.  Everyone upset about him and that record you posted is correct and troubling.  I’ve been as outspoken as anyone about firing him being a simple business decision to optimize Allen and how long can you stand in front of the same guys with the same message year after year and not even making it to a AFCCG more then once and going on 4 years now.  

But we’re here.  We’re playing on January 20th every year.  How many current coaches not named Reid can say this currently?

I don’t know what you do.  

Fair points, but I think K. Shannahan can say that?   

At this point I'd go after the OC at Balt, Det, or Houston.  

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I agree. If by DeAndre Hopkins, you mean Matt Milano, Terrel Bernard, and Christian Benford.

We possessed the ball 8 times. We scored on 4 and would have scored on 5 if Bass hadn't missed. Josh Allen played with his hair on fire. Guys like Shakir, Kincaid, and Cook were making plays when called upon. Diggs made some plays and had some drops. 

It wasn't lack of offense that did us in. Josh was an absolute monster. It was a decimated Defense. Many of the reserves clearly playing injured. Douglas couldn't follow guys downfield. The simplest move in the open field, even by Mahomes and he was lost. Dodson played hurt, went down, and kept playing. Klein rolled his ankle and kept playing on it. The Special Teams was an albatross. Martin was clearly still hurt, giving them short fields when he did have to punt. And Bass? Well.... I don't want to talk about that.

Even if he made that kick, it's clear that the Defense would have folded again as they were driving with no issue before the kneel down. Simply didn't have the Defensive personnel to stop Mahomes and company on the field. I don't think 1 player was going to put more than 10 more points on the board. 

amen. 

14 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Yeah but you can buy an awful lot of Trent Sherfield's for the price of just one D Hop

Think About It GIF by Identity

You have to stop dude….almost pissed myself 😂 

All time classic reply. Well done sir 👍 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Haha (+1) 1

DHop was not coming here for what we paid Floyd.  (He also didn’t go to KC for the same reason.)  He wanted a big contract and Tennessee gave it to him. How’d he do in the playoffs this year?  Just curious. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.