We win this game with Dehop

21 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Absolutely!! I was okay with the Floyd signing though. Sherfield/Harty/Knox monies could've been used more wisely

Knox is just brittle. Harry can be good but not sure as you mentioned use him right. Sherfield was a decent WR3 I'm Miami not sure why the struggle here.

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Not the way the D line played.  I’m not sure how much a difference he makes.  

Mahomes looked comfortable and wasn’t sacked.  

I mean the ripple down effect sure it’s possible with him we get that one stop.  

Our D line was atrocious 

And yet a field goal  was the difference. The Chiefs vaunted defense vs are old broken down jalopy defense, and a field goal was the difference. One play Diggs dropping the ball and walking in for a Td was the difference 🤦‍♂️ Tired of the what ifs, maybe it’s too soon to rationally talk about it. 

22 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’ll say it Dehop doesn’t drop the throws that Diggs and Sherfield did tonight. We chose to take that money and sign Leonard Floyd instead when he wanted to come here. This loss is on the front office as much as the players. 

Some of you quickly forget that our defense was a big reason we won several games this year in which Floyd was a big part of.  There is a legit chance we don't make the playoffs without Floyd, especially given all the other injuries on D.  And I was one who wanted DHop too, but to disregard Floyd as if he wasn't needed is crazy to me when we had plenty of weapons in this loss to KC.  

Diggs, a player graded higher than DHop in every way right now, dropped a 70 yard dime by Allen.  How does DHop change that?  He wouldn't have even gotten to the ball 70 yards down field.  Not to mention Shakir was the best WR on the field and didn't drop a ball and made play after play and would have had the go ahead TD had Dawkins not gotten shoved towards Allen to where he stepped on his foot while Allen was throwing the ball.  

So yeah, no I don't see who DHop wins this game for us.  We lost because the OLine didn;t hold on the go ahead TD...we lost because Diggs dropped a pass that never would have been thrown to DHop 73 yards down field.  We lost because our kicker shanked a kick bad.  We lost for a lot of reasons...none of which DHop changes.

Florio posted about how we’ve allowed an average of 36 ppg while forcing 1 turnover and 0 sacks against KC in 3 playoff games.

At some point, it doesn’t matter what we do on defense if that’s what we get under this staff in the postseason against KC (or CIN)

Do what’s needed on defense to be a middle of the pack unit to get you through the regular season and load up on offense. 

Fwiw, KC had an elite defense this year and if Sherfield and Diggs aren’t awful last night, Allen would’ve gone nuclear on them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Amen.

We put 182 yards on the Ground. Outgained them in yards 368-361. 27 first downs to their 21. Controlled the time of possession 37 minutes to 23 - with a game plan to control the ball and not force things down field against a strong pass Defense.

I refuse to sit here and let the takeaway of this game be the Offense wasn't enough. It was an already decimated Defense using reserves that weren't 100% themselves against a top QB and offense playing their best ball.

Spot on …. I’ve been in and out of a few theads here and there are a number of posters who can’t seem to grasp this …. 

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Your opinion on how fast we should score a TD does not mean Allen's decision to throw the ball to an open WR in the endzone was hero ball. He literally just read cover 2 and threw to his downfield cover 2 beater for a go ahead score in crunch time. There is nothing more that needs to be said about that read. It is completely meaningless that Diggs was wide open on a shallow crosser as far as analyzing Allen's decision making on that play.

Sorry if I sound snippy, it has become commonplace on here for people to totally misinterpret what QBs are doing on any given down and it's gotten very tiring.

Diggs likely doesn't get that first down anyways.  He was 7 yards away and two defenders over the top of him. KC wasn't missing many tackles. People just love to blame Josh for everything.  Now if we don't throw behind the line of scrimmage its hero ball.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Dumb.  It takes 2 parties to get a signed deal.  2.

In case you missed it the first time:  not 1, but 2.

And the player wanted to come here, just remember Harty has a bigger cap hit than Hopkins

• Angry 1

22 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Whatever it doesn't even matter right now. 

It matters because the bleeding by the front office must stop. Bean must exert his authority and work to surround Allen with the best possible talent available.  Did you hear McD after the game admit that the Defense lost the game? IMO this is so he can lobby Pegula for emphasizing the D in the off season.  Bean needs to stand up and say HELL NO we're focusing on upgrading WR & RB in the draft & and FA.

21 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It really is insane. He was affordable (if we handled our FA right), he wanted to be here, we openly flirted with him, he was an obvious fit for Allen's skill set, and he filled a need. What in the hell happened that led Beane to pass on the most obvious signing of the millennium? I sincerely believe it was a season-altering mistake and I just can't begin to understand why.

Bean failed to close the deal on McCafrey last season and D Hop this season.  IMO that is a major reason why we didn't advance past the divisional round both seasons.  Bean has done okay with the D in free agency but outside of Diggs & Morse where has he shined with he Offense in FA?

We win this game and probably a few more if Beane just got any house hold name on his last leg instead of the two clowns he brought in.  Funny thing is they went all through TC and our staff had these guys above Shakir. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Diggs likely doesn't get that first down anyways.  He was 7 yards away and two defenders over the top of him. KC wasn't missing many tackles. People just love to blame Josh for everything.  Now if we don't throw behind the line of scrimmage its hero ball.

Yea.. people keep saying just hit Diggs for the first down.  

It would’ve been close.  50/50 its 3rd and 1. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/21/2024 at 10:36 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’ll say it Dehop doesn’t drop the throws that Diggs and Sherfield did tonight. We chose to take that money and sign Leonard Floyd instead when he wanted to come here. This loss is on the front office as much as the players. 

Freaking Beane never replaced Emmanuel. Instead he brings in 2 misfits that are done in their careers in Sherfield and Harty.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.