We need new WR’s across the board

Einstein

46 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Multiple dropped passes, including 3 deep passes. The Diggs and Sherfield drops were inexcusable with both hitting their arms (ball literally bounced off their bicep).  

And even worse than that, NO ONE could get separation. None of our receivers.

Keep Shakir. Keep Diggs (we have no choice honestly, financially). And rebuild the entire rest of the WR block.

First Sherfield drop actually hit him square in the chest, lol. Reminded me of the Gabe Davis drop against he Jets last year after Allen partially tore his UCL.

37 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That drop was killer.  It took all game to set up that shot.  Just inexcusable.  

on the bright side, Shakir and Kincaid are studs. We’re really not that far away.  This hurts, but we had a MASH unit on D and overall the game plan was really effective.  We just couldn’t close at the end. 

How about we talk about the defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed!! 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Diggs also declined to speak to the media after the game. He's a team captain who loves to hold his QB accountable, but apparently not himself. The shtick has gotten old.

Better than last season where he left the stadium before the coaches even got in the locker room.

But I really don’t wanna crap on Diggs. He has done a lot for this team. But as much as I hate to say it, his days as an elite receiver may be over.

47 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Multiple dropped passes, including 3 deep passes. The Diggs and Sherfield drops were inexcusable with both hitting their arms (ball literally bounced off their bicep).  

Keep Shakir. Keep Diggs (we have no choice honestly, financially). And rebuild the entire rest of the WR block.

Shakir was open by 3-4 yards in the endzone for a TD and Allen couldn't step into the throw with Jones in his face...but agree, they need to find guys that can get open.

I wouldn't hate it if they went WR with picks 1 and 2.  McD can turn anyone into a pretty good player at DB so they don't need to be wasting high picks there.

51 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Well, that's what you get with Sherfield, Mr. 50% Catch%.  Otherwise, every team has drops.  We need to stop acting as if that's the only reason we lost.  

We got our a$$e$ handed to us in coaching throughout the 2nd Half.  That has nothing to do with dropped balls.  

This game never should have been that close.  This was easily KC's best game offensively against any playoff team this season.  

Brady ain't cuttin' it either.  Those repetitive plays that weren't working in the 2nd half.  ADJUST!!!  

Sadly, we don't do that well, and that has nothing to do with dropped passes either. 

If we want to take the next step, we need a new HC and a new OC.  

Let's quit dredging the barrel for ours.  

We need a HC that understands offense.  

This loss was entirely inexcusable.  We'll likely never see a worse KC team with Mahomes at QB.  

Of all teams to lose to in this game ... SMFH!!  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

In the Hamler thread, I wrote about our desperate need for WRs and was ridiculed for criticizing the future deal for Hamler.  I guess people failed to realize that the guy who has caught 12 passes over the last 3 years (Including none this season) isn't going to move the needle.

The Bills have 2 WRs; a declining Diggs who we are paying $30 mill and a nice No. 3 in Shakir.  That's it.  Diggs would be better if we had someone on the other side who could keep the defenses from keying on him.  It would also help if the OC had an idea of how to use formations to get him open and if he didn't have the dropsees.  

The goal this off-season will be to get 2 WRs in the draft.  Admittedly we also need safeties and more CD help.  

Diggs had zero interest in the last month of the season and seemed totally checked out tonight.  He fumbled on the first play!  And dropped what could’ve been a game-winning bomb.  He became a bit of a bitchass this season and tonight was the cherry on top.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 2

The lack of WR when Brady took over is very concerning IMO, but I think he’s a safe bet to get the job. 

I highly doubt the WR coach is back again. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I think they’d love to cut or trade him this off-season. 

Hard to eat the dead cap when you already don’t have much money. I think he’ll be “WR1-B” next season. We relied on Allen and Diggs too much, and it caught up to Diggs. 

17 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

So we can be like the chiefs with all their wrs?

Make fun of the Chiefs pass catchers all you want. Other than Hardman who tried to single handedly lose the game for them, all of their pass catchers made every play that was catchable. We can put all of the other factors aside and say that the game ultimately came down to one side's skill players performing much better than the other side's. Mahomes' #1 performed like a #1. His #2 WR made the difficult catch downfield. That was the difference.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Things gotta change. Shakir and Kincaid are pretty safe. Kind of stuck with Diggs I think, oddly  he sucked since his brother started tapping his mouth on Twitter.  Another ***** performance by him during a big playoff game. 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

We’ve said this the last couple of years and here we are once again with the same problem. That’s on our illustrious GM. 

59 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And yet our receivers are better than the Chiefs’ WRs…so there is more going on here.  Our whole offensive scheme is inferior to theirs…

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

I kept thinking this during the game.  Diggs is a 2 at this point.  Shakir will be a great slot.  We need a 1.  Having Kincaid saved us.  Knox is a good 2nd option at TE.  

We just need help for Allen at the wideout position.

I would LOOOOOOOVE to trade up for Nabers. Treat it like trading up for a QB. This year's first, next year's first and third (with the assumption that we get a '25 comp pick from outgoing FAs) and a 2026 2nd. Josh would be set for the next five+ years

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Diggs had zero interest in the last month of the season and seemed totally checked out tonight.  He fumbled on the first play!  And dropped what could’ve been a game-winning bomb.  He became a bit of a bitchass this season and tonight was the cherry on top.

Totally forgot about his fumble.

So Diggs contributions today were 3 catches, 2 drops and 1 fumble.

Not great.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.