Heavy Kevi

Should the Bills Fire McDermott?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Fire McDermott?

• Yep. Too many bad losses and bad coaching in the playoffs
    • Heck No. Playoffs year after year, and we're one of the best teams on NFL

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

No?  Your morons will be disappointed.

McDermott will not be going anywhere in 2024.

Deal with it a get a new line.

Why are they morons? Sean continues to lose big playoff games, he wasn’t great for half of this season as well…. What are we talking about here?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Chiefs didn't sack Allen either.  They lost by 3 points he didn't hand him his ass.  It sucks big time but it wasn't coaching.

Andy Reid's offence vs Sean McDermotts defence. Andy Reid handed McDermotts ass to him once again.

There was no contest 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

nope.  The mediocracy must continue unabated.  We have the best QB, and a terrible HC, and that last drive (and the D meltdowns prior in the game) proved it.  You don't take 3 deep shots at the endzone like we did and then attempt a long FG like we did with a kicker who both struggled all year and with XPs in this game.  

Also, if McD did not blow games earlier in the year we would have had the 1 seed, and the "numerous injuries" that people use as an excuse that occurred last game would not have happened.  

• Eyeroll 1

It doesn’t matter what the fans want. Terry is not going to move on from McDermott at least not this year. However, for me he needs to be on the hot seat this upcoming season as team has clearly underperformed. If McDermott can’t get team to the next level it is time to move on and pair Josh with offensive minded HC. Watching the offense this season was like pulling teeth and just painful to watch.

100%…he’s done all he can with this team. He can’t get us to the promised land. His D got torched, big play after big play all game. Doesn’t matter what injuries you had to deal with. We can’t beat KC at home. I felt all along if he can beat KC he deserves more time even if we lose in the AFC championship game but he didn’t again. It’s time to put all of our chips in the middle and get Jim Harbaugh as our HC. I’d bet big money that he would take our job over any other gig in the NFL. Please Mr. Pegula don’t go into next season with McD leading this team again, it will only lead to the same Groundhog Day result and Josh and this fan base deserves better 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

Forget him as a head coach. His defense didn't stop one single KC drive until the 4th quarter. He rallied us to make the playoffs, but he doesn't have it in him to win a championship 

It's not a leadership thing it's a schematic thing, his defense will never beat Mahomes in the playoffs, we need to bring in someone with a new philosophy. Especially with proven guys like BB, Caroll and even Vrabel out there now, go get one

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ChrisWatson#21 said:

As much as I wanted and still want Sean fired that 2nd and 9 play from Josh where he went for the end zone with over 1:50 still left passing up a WIDE OPEN Diggs underneath that would have milked some more clock and gotten a first down or third and short.  You are playing Mahomes who won a game against you with only 13 seconds left, why in the world are you trying to score with all that time left on the clock?  I'm as confused as I was when Pete Carroll decided to pass and not run Lynch into the end zone.  This one is on Josh as much as I love him and defend him.

Then why did we kick the field goal using your logic? They definitely would’ve scored on our d coordinator 

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

That part isn't on McD.

But what about the defence?

Only reason there wasn't 40 plus points against his defence was because the bills offence controlled the clock.

Yup, KC only ran 47 plays had TOP of about 23 min had 350 yards and was 7.7 yards per play. His ball control, play for a tie and not to lose philosophy keeps losing, his shtick is done!

This coach needs to go, I don't want to here but injuries. He isn't the guy

• Like (+1) 4

Let's call a fake punt, have Damar Hamlin stand right in the middle behind the center, on our own 30 yard line with 5 yards to gain. Tricky, tricky, tricky. Buffoon move.

Andy Reids post game speech" You gotta have plays. We all have the plays but you need to know when to use them".

Mic drop.

McD needs to go. We need a change. Our team has the talent but we were out coached.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes McDermott made Bass 25% in the playoffs.   Think about that 25% has a kicker ever had a worse playoffs?

And still it's McDermott...God people.

You think that defense was going to stop Mahommes?  All he would have needed was 20 seconds or so to carve us up.  Yes, this game is on McDermott.  It was his defense that played putrid all game.  He trotted out a hurt punter, HE left in Bass despite him playing like shiite.  Would have been better off grabbing a FA kicker.  100%, this loss is on him.  If you're cool with throwing away next season because you think he's something he's not good on you.  I give him props on making us contenders.  He did great there.  As for more?  He ain't it.  He's gotta go.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yes McDermott made Bass 25% in the playoffs.   Think about that 25% has a kicker ever had a worse playoffs?

And still it's McDermott...God people.

It has everything to do with the fact that he can't win big games. That he can't get us over the hump. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.