AFC Division Playoff - Chiefs @ Bills 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, sven233 said:

Overall, not a bad half of football.  Offense was really solid for the most part.  The defense on the other hand.....WOOF.......

McDermott has to figure it out.  To have all week, and to have played this team 6 times in recent years......to still not have a clue on how to defend Kelce, I just don't understand it.  He's supposed to be this defensive genius, but can't take 1 guy out of the offense......  So frustrating.

You realize that the defense is decimated with injuries.  He done a good job.   Players forgetting assignments in the heat of the game is on them.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Cook drop helped in the end. Allowed us to kill a bit more clock and we still scored. 

Hell of a play by Shakir.

Yeah it may have worked out but he needs to stop dropping those easy TD passes.  Its becoming worse than Gabe Davis.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Honestly they have to be a bit humiliated.

If we lose they will be the reason.  They don’t want to hear that. 

Genuine question: Do you think having most of our linebackers out makes any difference? Or do you think they should just immediately be as good as the starters? 

They've conceded 1 TD against KC in one half. It's hardly the worst D performance of all time. 

They will probably concede again. But they aren't playing like clowns are they?

Edited by Bill Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Nope. Play didn’t happen because of accepted penalty

It didn’t happen on the stat sheet but I promise you KC knows it happened. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Not sure why CBS thinks Jason Kelce was so cool. 

He's hammered - was doing bowling ball shots before the game 🤣 🙌 🎳

• Haha (+1) 3

MaHomes has a field day to throw... He is good against blitz but we need to mix disguise blitz and blitz.  They scored on all drive drives.  I don't think our D can hold back and Klein is liability.  I rather use him blitzing.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

We played ok in that half but we also got the ball first and last (20 seconds doesn't count) and are only up 4.

If defense can stop them and we can get another score to open the 3rd, I'll feel a lot better about our chances to hang on. So far we've only held up inside our 10. 

Controlling the game flow to get it last there is good game management though lol I don’t think that deserves any kind of asterisk at all 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Bills up 4 at the half but KC has the ball going to be a tight one as usual with KC.

Bills held the ball 19 minutes

Chiefs 11

Both teams held the ball 4 times.

If we keep running the ball it will win us the game. We cannot stop running. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro said:

You realize that the defense is decimated with injuries.  He done a good job.   Players forgetting assignments in the heat of the game is on them.  

KC missing guys in game.  McD had all week with backups who are vets (AJ).