Game Thread: Tampa Bay at Detroit - 3 PM NBC

chongli

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I don’t like going for two at all. 

They have a drawing that I'm looking for right now that basically says going for 2 the first time you need to is still a higher win/tie percentage than just getting the FG.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

throw was short not sure what DB is supposed to do.  i hate those calls.  Evans got a horrible one against us in that famed OT game last year

He has to at a minimum turn his head and look back for the ball. He didn't. Plus, ya know, he made contact too before the ball got there.

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I don’t even get the reason why teams do it. Makes no sense to me. 

So the thought process is this: You are playing to win the game. So in that case you need 15 points. If you score and kick the XP then it comes down to the 2pter. If you go for the 2pter on the first try and miss it you still get one more chance to tie it. 

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

That was PI but a marginal example.

the defender never looked back, but the pass ended up hitting him in the back. I would have hated a PI call on that play #Uncatchable

Edited by muppy

Just now, muppy said:

the defender never looked back, but the pass ended up hitting him in the back. I would have hated a PI call on that play

Didn't we get stung big time against Kansas with that exact same play? Defender not looking back?

Just now, muppy said:

the defender never looked back, but the pass ended up hitting him in the back. I would have hated a PI call on that play

"There was some incidental contact as the DB tore the receiver's arms off, but a good non-call."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

the defender never looked back, but the pass ended up hitting him in the back. I would have hated a PI call on that play #Uncatchable

Definitely PI. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.