Game Thread: Green Bay at San Francisco - 8:15 PM FOX

chongli

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Aaron Rodgers might have had a smile on his face watching that last pass from Love 

And I was gloating on Rodgers after Love's 2nd TD... :wallbash:

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Rodgers should have 2-3 rings easily. He's been a no show in the playoffs so often. 

I remember people saying Peyton Manning choked in the playoffs but he had a winning record vs Brady in the AFC title game and went to 4 Super Bowls, winning 2 with 2 different teams.

Rodgers only getting to one is a huge disappointment. 

He might get another one with the Jets next year right ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

49ers didn’t deserve to win that game, they got outplayed all night.

Purdy could have run on first down on the second to last drive, instead he passed for -1 yard play.

He could have put his head down there and gotten down the field.

Two timeouts and 53 seconds left and he went for it all. 

It's the old cliche, "good teams find a way to win". The 49ers were the better team coming in, even if they didn't play like it tonight. It's unfortunate that Green Bay couldn't hang on but there are no style points awarded for a win or a loss. Survive and advance. San Francisco did just that and this game has no bearing on their next. I'm sure the Lions and the Bucs would much rather have taken their chances against the Packers.

With that loss and the Texans loss earlier, since 2000 teams that have scored 40 points in a Wildcard week victory are 3-10 in the divisional rounds the next week. That includes the 2021 season, when the Bills and chiefs both scored over 40 in the WC before meeting in the divisional round.

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Like our 2020 loss to the Texans 

I was reflecting more on every time it felt like we might beat Tom Brady in some random regular season game before we got Charlie Browned for the 100th time

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They’re trying so hard to prop up Purdy.

He sucked, and his defense kept the Packers down long enough, and of course he got lucky with the missed FG. 

Stop that.  He played fine and led the game winning drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

And I was gloating on Rodgers after Love's 2nd TD... :wallbash:

You can still gloat. That was the same team that Rodgers had that missed the playoffs last year that almost beat the 1 seed this year. If their kicker makes a kick that game is different. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He might get another one with the Jets next year right ?

It's not impossible. That team is pretty loaded. 

But AFC is so much harder of a road, mostly to get to the playoffs. 

Their OL needs some serious work though. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

It's not impossible. That team is pretty loaded. 

But AFC is so much harder if a road, mostly to get to the playoffs. 

Their OL needs some serious work though. 

I was kidding ,,, they  aren’t the worst team but they can’t win it next year … 

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

Packers lost because their field goal kicker missed two makeable field goals! 

He's not good but his brother is one of the best in the league. Too bad the Packers couldn't have swapped them out. 

9 minutes ago, Billl said:

The Ravens, Bills, and Chiefs are the three best teams left in no particular order.  There’s not a QB left in the NFC I trust.

Love would probably be a better QB but I still wouldn't completely trust him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Watching the playoffs this weekend shows me that every one of these teams are beatable. If we can somehow make it past the Chiefs then I think Buffalo is the odds on favorite. Purdy and Lamar looked super suspect. 

Lamar still scored 4 touchdowns, not sure that’s looking super suspect 

• Agree 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Love would probably be a better QB but I still wouldn't completely trust him.

I was just about to that point of trusting him; then 20 minutes ago everything changed.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

If he gets through a whole season in one piece, I'll eat a Jeep.

Having sat and watched that O-line all season he might be rather insistent that they address it this offseason, you know so he doesn't die.

7 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Watching the playoffs this weekend shows me that every one of these teams are beatable. If we can somehow make it past the Chiefs then I think Buffalo is the odds on favorite. Purdy and Lamar looked super suspect. 

Lamar was great.  Not sure what game you were watching.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I was just about to that point of trusting him; then 20 minutes ago everything changed.

Somewhere around the point where he lofted a ball up into the middle of like 3 defenders when he was trying to lead a game winning drive?

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just imagine if you were a Packer fan. Woof.

Edited by ExWNYer

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Lamar was great.  Not sure what game you were watching.

Lamar and the Ravens run game looked unstoppable, but the Texans weren’t exactly lighting the NFL on fire in terms of run defense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Lamar and the Ravens run game looked unstoppable, but the Texans weren’t exactly lighting the NFL on fire in terms of run defense.

Plus the Ravens totally shut down Stroud and the offense all day. Texans only TD was a punt return 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

SF was rusty and lost Deebo three plays in.  I think they pummel Detroit or Tampa next week.

This. I thought they’d murder GB today but I didn’t know it was going to be so rainy. Detroit would hang for a half but that defense sucks and SF eventually wins by 13+. TB would lose by 17+. This was the only game to stop SF. They’re going to the SB. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Somewhere around the point where he lofted a ball up into the middle of like 3 defenders when he was trying to lead a game winning drive?

On first down with a clean field all around him?

Yep, that might have been the one :doh:

20 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

The NFC is just not good. 49ers, Cowboys, and Eagles look good record wise during regular season because they dont play many good teams in NFC. As soon as they play a decent team you see how beatable these "elite" NFC teams are.

While that’s true of the eagles and cowboys, the 49ers are in their own class of the nfl. Is Brock good? No. But they have CMC and the rest of that roster is tops in the league. 

That said, Ravens worked them over pretty good this year. They’re the only team left that can beat them. We would lose by at least a TD and honestly it would be uglier than that by the 3rd quarter in my opinion. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The one he played in? Particularly the first half well before the Texans started going for it on 4th down and giving him short fields.

So him going 9/11 passing with a TD and running for a TD in the second half didn’t happen?  I don’t understand what Lamar has to do to impress some people.  He’s going to rightfully win his second MVP this season, and he’s got his team hosting the AFCCG despite his best receiving threat being out for the second half of the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I hate how much I can’t just dismiss this..

Well that's a relief, the first one looks more red than orange to me. Second one that's more Dolphin green than an Eagles one and they weren't even close. Third one closest is probably the Vikings and they didn't make it at all.

1 minute ago, Billl said:

So him going 9/11 passing with a TD and running for a TD in the second half didn’t happen?  I don’t understand what Lamar has to do to impress some people.  He’s going to rightfully win his second MVP this season, and he’s got his team hosting the AFCCG despite his best receiving threat being out for the second half of the season.

You, not being a BIlls fan, have no idea why he is hated around these parts.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Rightfully, he had 3 games with 0 TDs, and 5 with 1 and his team's record in those games is 6-2.

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

On first down with a clean field all around him?

Yep, that might have been the one :doh:

It wasn’t the horrible INT he threw to a wide open RB (also late and a cross his body) when he could have just as easily slowly walked for a first down?  Cuz that one was bad as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.