Davis, Benford, Rapp and Spector all OUT

Process

1 hour ago, Process said:

Honestly this is good news. It means Bernard has a chance which is crazy considering the way it looked on the field. I already wasn't expecting any of the guys ruled out to play.

Hopefully Benford can be back next week and Davis for the SB.

Injuries never help.  But I think Johnson is the most important player on the list.  If we can get Johnson back it’s big.  If Barnard SOMEHOW is active, even better.

I feel comfortably with the depth on the rest of the players who are out 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Success said:

Hopefully Dodson & Bernard.

Dodson and Bernard hopefully starting with Williams/Klein ready. Rasul will return.  Dane & Taron playing. DQ back and Von on a slight uptick.  Add a little adrenaline and I like our chances. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Injuries never help.  But I think Johnson is the most important player on the list.  If we can get Johnson back it’s big.  If Barnard SOMEHOW is active, even better.

I feel comfortably with the depth on the rest of the players who are out 

Johnson is practicing he’s on pace to clear the protocol banning any surprises.  Today is a big indicator if Bernard will play 

FUUUUUUUUU

Ok. Deep breaths.

Davis was a given and Rapp was expected.

Benford hurts. Dane Jackson is good, but that leaves us extremely thin.

Spector and Benford are just such surprised because they were supposed to be day to day pain management issues.

I am really hoping Bernard is back

50 minutes ago, Process said:

Bernard practicing though it's just a walkthrough

AAHHHHHHH get him out there!

If any team has demonstrated an ability to stitch together better than average defense with third stringers, ace bandages and duct tape, it’s this one. 

If Josh has a clean game, we win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mushypeaches said:

Neal got zero snaps on defense the last game. 

We've seen him try and guard Kelce in the past... lot's of holding calls is about it

Because Rapp played.  Who played the role when Rapp wasn't here?  I'll give you a hint.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

FUUUUUUUUU

Ok. Deep breaths.

Davis was a given and Rapp was expected.

Benford hurts. Dane Jackson is good, but that leaves us extremely thin.

Spector and Benford are just such surprised because they were supposed to be day to day pain management issues.

I am really hoping Bernard is back

AAHHHHHHH get him out there!

Why is Benford in walkthroughs if he is ruled OUT?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

IF we have Bernard, Johnson and Rasul, it will be HUGE.

GO BILLS

This. Not having the other guys sucks, but if we have these 3 plus Dodson I will feel much better about the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cvanvol7 said:

With all these injuries I really think they need to IR Sam Martin and just stick with Haack. Really a waste of an elevation if Martin cant go 

I believe that they hope Martin can go in a week and get Fournette back. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If Bernard can somehow miraculously go, have to imagine he may need to be on a pitch count? If so, i'm torn on who tags in for him. Klein has the vet savvy but can't cover while Williams brings the atheticism but is likely to get picked on in his own right given lack of experience. That said, if we can get quality snaps from 43 on even half the snaps I'll take it as a win!

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Why is Benford in walkthroughs if he is ruled OUT?

I'll be honest, I don't know. 

If I am to make a barely informed guess?

Word is that what Benford's injury is a torn meniscus. Some people are able to play on it, some aren't it depends on the swelling. Recovery is a few weeks if you need a laparoscopic surgery, but you need swelling to go down to be able to do it.

In comparison, if Bernard's sprain is a common lateral sprain there isn't a surgical option, just rest (elevate and ice) and pain management. That he's on the field practicing and stretching is a decent sign that it might have been a lower grade.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Our DL is going to have to step up.

I agree but I also see the Chiefs attacking short with the Bills LBer situation. Dump offs to backs, quick receiver and tight end passes. Somehow the Bills are going to have to make Mahomes hold the ball a tad longer. That will be a chore.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.