Best Way to Get to/from Highmark From Rochester

Irv

I go to a handful of games annually.  Lucked out and got tickets with parking in Lot 1 for Sunday's game.  I'm not sure if this belongs here of OTW.  If it gets shut down, I understand.  Is there a better way of getting to/from the stadium from Rochester than I-90 and exiting at Mile Strip or one of the other exits off I-90? Thank you.    

Been doing this for 36+ years.

I-90.  Don't exit at 219, go past and get off at Milestrip.  Then diverge based on where you park.  For example, I park at a woman's house across from ECC on Southwestern.  I turn into Home Depot Plaza, then cut behind the next plaza toward Wegmans.  Get onto McKinley, then left on Brompton and left on Southwestern.

If you're at Lot 1, you could go all the way down McKinley then cut over to Big Tree.  Depending on how early you get there, traffic will affect travel time.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Could go past milestrip to Hamburg exit and loop back camp rd to 20 to 20A. Not sure what the ultimate goal is but we always stay at Camp Rd exit and don’t run into any traffic issues but we park at ECC so easy out after the game. Not sure how bad it would be getting out of lot 1 onto big tree back to 20.

Drive, train or fly, walking would really suck…

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I go to a handful of games annually.  Lucked out and got tickets with parking in Lot 1 for Sunday's game.  I'm not sure if this belongs here of OTW.  If it gets shut down, I understand.  Is there a better way of getting to/from the stadium from Rochester than I-90 and exiting at Mile Strip or one of the other exits off I-90? Thank you.    

Sled dog team?

• Haha (+1) 1

I have had seasons for many years and come from Rochester. I take the same route every time. Thruway to Pembroke exit (rte 77). Take that to 20A all the way to lot 1. Piece of cake. Traffic usually starts backing up at 219, but still not too bad. On the way home, usually the same, but sometimes I'll switch it up and take 20A to Warsaw to 19, just for a change of scenery. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I have had seasons for many years and come from Rochester. I take the same route every time. Thruway to Pembroke exit (rte 77). Take that to 20A all the way to lot 1. Piece of cake. Traffic usually starts backing up at 219, but still not too bad. On the way home, usually the same, but sometimes I'll switch it up and take 20A to Warsaw to 19, just for a change of scenery. 

Do what this guy said... I come from north of Batavia and that's the same way I go. From the time I leave my driveway I'm at the 219 intersection in 45 minutes at the most and then usually another 15 minutes or so for that final mile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.