The offense is better without Gabe Davis

Einstein

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Knox and Davis are not dependable receivers. Cook also but he is a great runner. 
   Josh needs/deserves guys who catch balls almost always. 
   Kincaid is amazing. I think Shakir is next guy up to show out. But, Knox and Davis are who they are, hands wise

Kincaid's been dropping his share past few  weeks  Mist be hanging out w Knox too much

• Dislike 2

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Davis brings far to the table than Andy Isabella. Let’s not get carried away here.

But Gabe takes away from the offense because Josh loves throwing to him on 3rd down….. which usually ends badly imo.  

just throw to Diggs, Kincaid. Shakir, cook or knox (if he’s wide open) and we’ll be fine

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Hardy and Sherfield

To be fair SHerfield did nothing and was useless all game, harty had 1 nice catch. So having him in place of those wouldn't matter as long as Kincaid or Shakir are Joshs's early reads

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, motorj said:

To be fair SHerfield did nothing and was useless all game, harty had 1 nice catch. So having him in place of those wouldn't matter as long as Kincaid or Shakir are Joshs's early reads

Your analysis of the game is a bit myopic in my opinion.

Having those playmakers on the field, with their speed, was stressing the Steelers defense. Did you notice we had more open receivers this week (the first two TD’s were very open) than usual? It’s in part due to the stress that the speed on the field had on the Steelers. They had to compensate for it.

And this man has to get the ball more:

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Okay ppl pump the breaks. They had a good game on offense. A single game. With 200 passing yards. Let’s not chase away a player who has been a large part of our success over the years. 

A fair question to ask and to discuss but to flat out claim we are better is hasty. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Knox and Davis are not dependable receivers. Cook also but he is a great runner. 
   Kincaid is amazing. I think Shakir is next guy up to show out. But, Knox and Davis are who they are, hands wise

Ty and Cook is a nice combo

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

But I heard Gabe was a good blocker and the most valuable player even when he doesn't make a catch?

That’s what Sal Capaccio is quick to remind everyone who calls in.

Like the game of football and modern passing never existed before Gabe Davis got into the league. 

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

a player who has been a large part of our success over the years. 

Has he?

His best season ever was 48 receptions for 7 TD’s and a 51.6% catch rate.

We are 2-2 the past two seasons when he has over 100 yards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What was there tonight...like 4 more drops. Knox's drop could've been disastrous with that momentum shift. Gabe is as good as gone (fa) and unfortunately Dawson is not far behind. 

• Like (+1) 2

Gabe Davis is the new Robert Woods for us. So pass and thank you for your time.

Knox was signed to a dumb deal and we have to eat it, he is like a 14-15 million cap hit which is nuts for a TE unless it’s Kelce. That’s a great 1b receiver pay. Maybe we can rework his deal but we are stuck until 2025.

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Has he?

His best season ever was 48 receptions for 7 TD’s and a 51.6% catch rate.

We are 2-2 the past two seasons when he has over 100 yards.

If you’re looking to argue that he isn’t worth a future contract, you’ll find no disagreement here.

If you think they need to upgrade WR2, I’m on board as well.

I just wouldn’t crown the offense as being better because of the results from one game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.