Do we have a kicker problem?

Einstein

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

If Bass can't be trusted to hit a 48 yard field goal with clear skies and little-to-no wind, then we are in big trouble.

Yeah this is where @GunnerBill is wrong.   You have to let your players do their jobs.   Anyone who thinks that was going to be a tough kick is wrong.   It was routine for an NFL kicker.   I was there as I have been for hundreds of Bills games.   No wind to speak of.   At halftime the kickers weren't struggling with practice kicks.  Bass is just in a funk.   They gotta' get him out of it and not letting him kick routine field goals isn't going to do that.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Certainly concerned as it relates to facing KC and potentially the Ravens in the next 2 weeks. Both with outstanding and clutch kickers. The blocked kick was about 5 feet off the ground.. the chip shot ?🤷🏻‍♂️.. yikes. KC ST unfortunately a big advantage this week given Martins hammy as well. 

Martin had sucked most of year until last few weeks.   bass has been inconsistent maybe an underlying minor injury .  Hope this does not become an issue down the roads but just go for it on fourth and never try a FG.  I think the FG attempt in first half near end was a mistake 

From those who remember the Norwood years, Norwood did this same thing in his last 2 seasons... he declined and fell off a cliff stat wise. So I guess we just wait until Bass has a Norwood moment? 😕 

6 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Yes... Yes we do...

We have had many solid kickers who dealt with poor conditions, but it's pretty damn concerning.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

On 1/15/2024 at 6:43 PM, Einstein said:

Bass is now 78% for the year (5th worst in NFL) and we haven’t let him attempt a field goal over 50 yards in 3 months. 

He also just missed a 20-some yard field goal.

Can we trust him to make a game winning Playoff/Super Bowl kick at this point?

We may

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea I was baffled at the suggestion of punting a 49 yard FG away in the game day chat… completely wrong…..like what world are we living in where you do that in todays NFL?

Some people were buying the narrative that you couldn't kick in that direction.   Not that night.  After being at around 300 Bills home games I have a pretty good idea when you can't kick that way.   Bass just over kicked the one's he missed in the event of a gust.   It wasn't necessary.    I wouldn't have had a problem with them going for it either.   But punting?   GTFOH with that nonsense.  😂   Only thing you can't do there is get it blocked. :doh:

• Agree 1

Bass has always been bad from the right hash he has had plenty of years to keep working on it and still fails on right side of the field...

I don't have the stats but I would be the majority of the misses have been from the right side

Just now, ILBillsfan said:

Bass has always been bad from the right hash he has had plenty of years to keep working on it and still fails on right side of the field...

I don't have the stats but I would be the majority of the misses have been from the right side

He’s not an nfl kicker. 

he faked it for two years. I don’t care what the cost is. He has to go

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.