Injuries vs Steelers - Update from McDermott

DJB

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I haven't heard of any changes on anything I was told yesterday. Still just a minor tear in his meniscus which some players are able to play on but not all. It is normal for the Bills to rest injured players on Wednesday regardless of their game status.

I thought so, and from what little I was able to google if it's non-surgical until the offseason then no new news is likely good news. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Weird a bunch of people told me I was a fool that Bernard could possibly play this week after it was announced it was a sprain. 

Looked like a severe sprain to me and even with the amount of injections and therapy, I’d still be surprised if he played. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Brand J said:

Looked like a severe sprain to me and even with the amount of injections and therapy, I’d still be surprised if he played. 

Agree. I think he'd have a shot for the AFCCG if we make it. But I'd be shocked if 6 days is enough to get him on the field.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Weird a bunch of people told me I was a fool that Bernard could possibly play this week after it was announced it was a sprain. 

I was certain he had broken his fibula based on his reaction on the field.  He seemed to be in intense pain.  But ankle injuries can be incredibly painful in the moment as well.  I remember injuring my ankle in basketball practice in high school and I was certain I had broken it.  I was screaming on the floor that I had broken my ankle.  Went to the ER that night and it turned out to be just a high ankle sprain.  I hit it with the old ice bucket for the next few days and I was back in practice a few days later and played in games by the following week.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I was certain he had broken his fibula based on his reaction on the field.  He seemed to be in intense pain.  But ankle injuries can be incredibly painful in the moment as well.  I remember injuring my ankle in basketball practice in high school and I was certain I had broken it.  I was screaming on the floor that I had broken my ankle.  Went to the ER that night and it turned out to be just a high ankle sprain.  I hit it with the old ice bucket for the next few days and I was back in practice a few days later and played in games by the following week.

I’ve thought it was broken and I was fine in a few days, and I’ve had what’ didn’t feel like a big deal linger forever. It’s really hard to know what to expect in the moment for a guy like me. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not worried about the injuries… WE HAVE THE 12TH MAN! Which will make it seem like we have 11 healthy players on defense so we should be fine.

Spit on Mahomes, curse profanities at Kelce; bring the noise Sunday bills fans! 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I haven't heard of any changes on anything I was told yesterday. Still just a minor tear in his meniscus which some players are able to play on but not all. It is normal for the Bills to rest injured players on Wednesday regardless of their game status.

Cortisone shots may be in his future 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I recognize that Davis is a better WR than Harty or Sherfield, but at the same time there are too many negative plays that occur on throws in his direction. Without him we lose some of our vertical passing but we also lose some of our worst tendencies as an offense. So on the whole I lean towards his absence being a good thing, not that I will ever celebrate a player being injured especially a Bills player.

Mostly agree, though that 4 TD whopper game of his against the Chiefs would sure look good Sunday.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Mostly agree, though that 4 TD whopper game of his against the Chiefs would sure look good Sunday.

The Chiefs won't be trotting out the awful secondary that Davis took advantage of in that game... They might have the best CB duo in the league and they're all coached extremely well. I think this will need to be another Kincaid/Shakir game, with a big helping of Allen's legs. And that would be true whether Davis was playing or not.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Chiefs won't be trotting out the awful secondary that Davis took advantage of in that game... They might have the best CB duo in the league and they're all coached extremely well. I think this will need to be another Kincaid/Shakir game, with a big helping of Allen's legs. And that would be true whether Davis was playing or not.

Agreed -- and it may be time to add some wrinkles/gadget plays with Harty and see if he can get some decent YAC.

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

What is the deal with Rapp?

He hurt himself THAT bad catching that final INT against Miami?

Before the Steelers game I had heard he had a calf & achilles strain which is typically a 1-3 game absence depending on how severe. But haven't gotten any updates on him.

9 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Agreed -- and it may be time to add some wrinkles/gadget plays with Harty and see if he can get some decent YAC.

Harty in recent weeks has shown off some of the speed we thought we were getting when we signed him. I agree I think he could be a bigger factor down the stretch than anticipated. It may have just taken him time to recover from his turf toe and now he's closer to 100%. Obviously he broke that punt return against the Dolphins, but he also almost broke his catch for a long TD against the Steelers. We need players that can create plays like that.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I'd rather have a healthy Elam than a hobbled Douglas.

Elam has proved himself and he's getting better

Haven't checked but wouldn't Elam fill in for a hobbled Benford, rather have Rasul in there than Dane or some other backup

Edited by motorj
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.