Wild card round - Steelers @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

McD is such a moron has all the momentum In the world and goes for 50 fg, gets the punter hurt …. Just go for it!!!!

He’s such as a$&clown.

It's always a risk isn't it. Every time you go for a 50 yd FG you always risk killing your punter. It's mad he didn't factor that in. 

He's such a fool 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

The injuries are going to be an issue in the second half.  Not having a punter is going to be a huge issue.

just score every drive.  actually run it when Hawyard is out. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

No idea but if your kickers hurt he shouldn’t be kicking… I mean you can’t rely on your kicker to make a 49 yarder… no idea how badly the wind is effecting that but I have to think they’d be looking if Bass was really hurt. 

I don't think Bass is that badly hurt. I do think he has had a niggle though earlier. The point is more neither kicker was making from that distance going that way in warm ups. 

Percentage wise it was absolutely the wrong move to try FG. They should have punted.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

So now we pretty much have to score after halftime, since we have no punter. My god, not having a punter could be the difference maker in this game. Why do we have to go through the flukiest crap?

Sam looked like he wasn’t doing that bad right before half. Standing and talking with coaches. Going to have an impact but it doesn’t look devastating 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

He could have thrown it away but yea a sack isn't the end of the world there.

At no point on that drive did I expect us or want us to play for a FG attempt. Unfortunately we are playing without an entire unit in the game.

Just now, Simstim said:

I don't get why Tomlin called that TO at 2 seconds. Was it simply that he realised that he ought to have done that well beforehand?

That said, bit of a deflating way to end the half.

Still. We are well on top and get the ball to start the next half.

I'll take it.

I think hecmay have been worrying Bills would throw a hail Mary. Probably wanted to see what Buffalo was going to do

• Like (+1) 1