Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

Just now, CirclnWagons said:

Soft soft soft. Can’t build a persona as a cold weather team when you’re too scared to play in the cold weather. Taskers hype vid from last year is going to have to be changed from “it’s gonna be cold” to “as long as it’s mild” 

oh, it’ll still be cold on Monday… as well as next Sunday…

I think they should move the divisional game to London. Fly the Chiefs in early to get acclimated and then fly the Bills in late.  You know, all in realm of experimentation to see if the playoffs can be played internationally in the future. 

Edited by wjag

I know we haven't made it easy on ourselves this season. Putting ourselves into a position that we needed to win out the last 5 games to get in. Then we have the Von Miller situation, the Tyler Dunne article and now dealing with this and having the game moved for the playoffs. Nothing is ever easy for this team. It's insane

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

if we get the storm expected, i dont see how we play Monday either.

As we all know, its not like the day after a snowstorm is guaranteed to be better than the day it occurs.
The roads will still be snow covered, stadium full of snow, Gonna be tough for everyone to reach the place after the expected comes.

I dont disagree with their decision necessarily, if anything they likely shouldve moved the game UP to today yesterday, knowing this was a possibility

Oh well, GO BILLS

I was surprised it wasn't going to be Monday night to give more time for prep

Listening to the Miami fans whining on Twitter is something. They really don’t understand the difference between “it is cold” and “there is a travel ban?” The Bills game isn’t postponed because of the temperature. It’ll be colder Monday. It is postponed to keep emergency response clear.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm flabbergasted that anyone here thinks this is a bad thing.

Aside from it just being safer for fans & players - this just doubled our chances of winning.  Tomorrow has potential to be even worse conditions than the Pats wind game.  Basically, a game of chance.

As for "less rest," it's no different from having a MNF game in the regular season.

Except that our opponents play on Saturday and get and 2 more days rest.

That's a 40% rest advantage!

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Listening to the Miami fans whining on Twitter is something. They really don’t understand the difference between “it is cold” and “there is a travel ban?” The Bills game isn’t postponed because of the temperature. It’ll be colder Monday. It is postponed to keep emergency response clear.

They could easily avoided their problems, if they didn’t meltdown and give the division away!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

430 on a Monday just seems like a weird awkward time to have the game played… Why not just make it 830 so it feels like a Monday night football night and people have time to get out of work and head to the game…. I’m gonna be pissed if there’s only a couple inches of snow up there tomorrow at 1 o’clock and the game coulda been played…

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Others are mad but i’m elated! If the weather will be any better, I think that favors us.

Pretty much where I am. All things considered I would have preferred a clean game at 1 pm Sunday.

That isn't an option. The choice was playing through a flukey whiteout squall which is the kind of variance the Steelers would need for an upset, going to a neutral site at the last minute or waiting 28 hours. Of those options I like the last best

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

My friends are saying we’re cowards for moving it to Monday. We have less time to prepare for next week. We’re an embarrassment. Etc…. One said he’s not going to watch now. 

I love the Bills and our fans but man some people have such selected rage and overreactions it’s embarrassing. 

It's more a lack of comprehension to actually understand the what and why of the situation.

• Agree 1

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

430 on a Monday just seems like a weird awkward time to have the game played… Why not just make it 830 so it feels like a Monday night football night and people have time to get out of work and head to the game…. I’m gonna be pissed if there’s only a couple inches of snow up there tomorrow at 1 o’clock and the game coulda been played…

I live over near fredonia we were supposed to get 4-8 inches over night and we didn’t get squat… these weather forcastors don’t wtf there talking abour

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.