Have You Ever Ripped a Line?

Gugny

Have You Ever Ripped a Line?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Ripped a Line?

I grew up in the 80s and never even saw cocaine until I was about 20. 

I’ve always been afraid of it and have never tried it. 

Wondering how many of you have and if you liked it, hated it and/or still do it. 

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

My oldest brother had a hard time with it in the mid/late 80's, so I always had an example and a reason for me to stay the f away from it.

From bad things can come good lessons. 

I have an old college buddy who would call his guy every time he had one drink too many. He always hated himself for it, but he’s just lucky he’s alive with all the fentanyl out there. It’s a crap shoot, so know that going in. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I spent two years touring in a hard rock band about 15 years ago.   My singer, drummer and one guitar player would sneak off constantly but I was too naive to know what was going on.

Given the number of shows we played, the scummy promoters, and all wacky people I met, I am still amazed I never saw it.

Long story short never my cup of tea.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I feel the need to say this …

I do not take substance abuse lightly. 

I have lost friends to substance abuse and I know that more than one TBDer has lost family to substance abuse. 

My poll is strictly out of curiosity. I am not making light of it. 

In fact, I just said my final goodbye to one of my closest friends who succumbed to substance abuse. 

I’m really just interested in how my people who have, and still are, messing with this stuff. 

First time I encountered it was my freshman year of college.  Never in HS.  I’ve done a little bit here and there.  I think the last time was at a wedding down in Florida about 10-15 years ago.  I’m not a fan.  Never been.  But I will say that doing a little bump to keep the party going is much different than sitting around doing lines.  It’s an ugly drug for sure.

I recently almost lost a good friend who got a “bad bag” laced with Fentanyl.  He’s the type of guy that will do it 2-3 times a year.  My wife literally brought him back to life by performing CPR.  He is very lucky.  If you’re going to dabble….know your dealer!

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

First time I encountered it was my freshman year of college.  Never in HS.  I’ve done a little bit here and there.  I think the last time was at a wedding down in Florida about 10-15 years ago.  I’m not a fan.  Never been.  But I will say that doing a little bump to keep the party going is much different than sitting around doing lines.  It’s an ugly drug for sure.

I recently almost lost a good friend who got a “bad bag” laced with Fentanyl.  He’s the type of guy that will do it 2-3 times a year.  My wife literally brought him back to life by performing CPR.  He is very lucky.  If you’re going to dabble….know your dealer!

The fentanyl risk is terrifying.  I weep for today's youth who will never experience the innocence of floor coke and found baggies.  Now you need a chemistry set, a notepad with consent forms, and a notary public just to get a little action.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I grew up in the 80s and never even saw cocaine until I was about 20. 

I’ve always been afraid of it and have never tried it. 

Wondering how many of you have and if you liked it, hated it and/or still do it. 

Sure ya did, you were a Darryl Strawberry fan... and you liked it. 

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I feel the need to say this …

I do not take substance abuse lightly. 

I have lost friends to substance abuse and I know that more than one TBDer has lost family to substance abuse. 

My poll is strictly out of curiosity. I am not making light of it. 

In fact, I just said my final goodbye to one of my closest friends who succumbed to substance abuse. 

I’m really just interested in how my people who have, and still are, messing with this stuff. 

Sorry for your loss of a friend Gug...

• Thank you (+1) 1

I once was offered cocaine from a guy in the bathroom of a club when I was maybe 19. I laughed at him, saying you want me to buy something from a guy in a toilet! Worked in many clubs where the dealers would offer in exchange to stay. Did doors during the Underbelly years in Melbourne, drugs and drug shootings or beatings were common. It’s was pretty clear, even to Bobby Boucher, and that’s why we don’t smoke crack.

what a tawdry thread. Let's discuss snorting the devils dandruff. that crap is disgusting. all the white powdery substances can kiss my ***

Now to explain that outburst. I lost one of my cub scout troop members to an overdose at age 28. Prime of life. He was home from the Navy on shore leave and they found him dead in his bedroom. It was a fentanyl laced homicide. You have no idea what you are taking.

This kids dad was a ******* DEA agent. FOR REAL

me? before kids I tried it less than 5 times. On dates and never really cared for it 

Edited by muppy

12 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Nowadays, doesn't even matter if you know your dealer. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.