Baylon Spector played well

Einstein

May be time to go back and regrade some of the recent Beane drafts/UDFAs. There's a lot of contributors there from other than rounds 1-2, both for us (Benford, Dodson, Bernard, Shakir, Knox, now even guys like Spector) and for other teams (Singletary/Moss have been important contributors for playoff/near playoff teams)

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Telling of what?

It's telling that Dorian Williams has lost some favor with the staff at the current moment. He has been higher on the depth chart since training camp, and this is the first game where McD turned to Spector over Williams. We had a LB go down, and Dorian still garnered 0 snaps. Prior to the Philly game, Dorian was getting between 15% and 80% of defensive snaps on a near weekly basis. 

Dorian had a good block on the Hardy punt return TD though.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched alot of Spector at Clemson and he was alot like Metakavich was at Temple, but with more speed. Vocal leader who is undersized but instinctual and fast. He made the defense work for his final two years there and kept improving. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It's telling that Dorian Williams has lost some favor with the staff at the current moment. He has been higher on the depth chart since training camp, and this is the first game where McD turned to Spector over Williams. We had a LB go down, and Dorian still garnered 0 snaps. Prior to the Philly game, Dorian was getting between 15% and 80% of defensive snaps on a near weekly basis. 

Dorian had a good block on the Hardy punt return TD though.

Dorian was a particularly bad fit against the Dolphins. Because misdirection is his worst enemy at the moment. His head is still spinning at the best of times. Good physical attributes but too raw. 

I thought Spector played really well. I have gone from the start of the year thinking the LB room was a mess to now thinking we have some young talent in there and if we can get Captain Cookie back to his best next year it could be very good.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

His 2022 RAS score only knocked him on height (6'0")/weight (233 lb)/bench, but was otherwise great to elite in speed, explosion, and agility.  I think he fits in to the Bills' physical vision of a LB.  Depth is keeping the Bills' dream alive.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Spector stepped up so much that I updated my Bank Of America password to Spector54.  Royale with Cheese username with that password is easy to remember.

I couldn’t get it to work…

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bobby Babich is definitely one of the unsung heroes for this team. First he was the safeties coach during the peak Hyde/Poyer years. Then he became the LB coach last year and immediately Edmunds and Milano both had the best years of their career. Now this year Bernard is having a breakout year, Dodson is a beast against the run all of a sudden, and our 7th round pick from last year is playing at a high level in a must win game. Absolutely floored he isn’t a DC in this league yet.

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Williams too aggressive. He's been boom or bust in his opportunities. He's either making a great play or getting completely fooled and out of position. They can't trust him

Hopefully that's something that can be honed and developed. Bernard was a big success and Williams has similar tools, so I'm optimistic. 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I agree. I'm surprised this is the first thread about it, tbh.

Two guys stepped into prominent roles in a huge spot on Sunday -- Dane Jackson and Baylon Spector. Both acquitted themselves rather well. Neither gave up any particularly memorable plays, and the Bills defense shut the Phins out in the second half and limited them to 7 yards rushing.

Jackson playing well was not as big a surprise, as he's done it before, and is a bona fide starting level corner in this league. Spector, though, was a HUGE surprise to me. I was worried when I saw him jog onto the field. I then proceeded not to think about him the rest of the game, because he just looked like he belonged.

If he turns out to be a good player at Will, it'll be great news for our linebacker depth this year and beyond.

You forgot Van Demark was impressive on TD drive

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

And yet another reason to be glad that we didn't back up the Brinks truck for Tremaine Edmunds

It’s also nice with Milano coming back next year, it’s not an area of need for the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.