What's your Playoff Power Rankings?

Virgil

There's no one in the playoffs anyone should want to play, as every team got in for a reason.  I mean, look at the Saints all those years, getting the "worst" playoff teams and finding a way to lose.  With that being said, nothing wrong with having a preference 😜.

AFC

1 - Cleveland - #1 Defense, Flacco is averaging over 300 yards per game, and they have a rushing attack.  They have been destroying teams.  I want no part of them as they are hot at the right time

2 - Baltimore - They are such a different team at home and their defense is legit.  They struggle with division opponents (as do most) and Lamar can definitely be rattled, but they can put games away if you don't punch them in the face early

3 - Buffalo - Defense is peaking at the right time, but the offense inconsistency is frustrating.  Our ground game is decent, but we aren't firing on all cylinders.  We can beat anyone, but also can't win a game by more than 7 points.  Nothing would surprise me with this team

4 - Houston - I almost put them at 3, but their defense held me back.  Stroud has a monster arm and finds ways to get it done.  While he played at Ohio State and knows how to play in the cold, they definitely see advantages from playing in domes.  I'm glad they are playing Cleveland in the first round

5 - KC - They still have Mahomes, will get a home game in the first round, and you can't count out the champs until they actually lose

6 - Miami - Losing the 2 seed will really hurt them and McDaniels abandoning the run against us makes me believe he can still get rattled.  They will have Waddle back, so never say never.  Their game in KC should be fun to watch

7 - Pittsburgh - Watt being hurt is huge.  They have a resurgence with Rudolph, but you never know which version of their receivers will show up.  Pickens has all the potential in the world and they can play in any weather.  

NFC

1 - San Fran - Baltimore showed that if you slow down their scheme, they fall apart.  However, you need a top defense to do that and not many teams in the NFC playoffs have that.  

2 - Rams - I would argue they are the hottest team in the NFC right now and peaking at the right time.  Healthy at receiver, RB is a monster, and defense is getting better each week

3 - Lions - Like the Rams, they have a lot of good things going on and are this high because I think they would beat any of the teams below them

4 - Cowboys - Only because they have the 2 seed and will play their first two games at home.  If they were a wild card, I'd have them with a first round exit.  Should be interesting to see what GB's ground game does to them

5 - Bucs - This was a toss up between them and the Eagles.  Both have flaws, but Bucs seem to be more healthy right now.  Another team coming together at the right time

6 - Eagles - I just don't know how to put them at 7, even though they are getting destroyed lately.  I'm only giving them 6 because they have the playoff experience over mostly everyone else

7 - Green Bay - Sorry, but I don't trust Love yet.  He's made some good throws, but also gets rattled easily.  They will be on the road every game, and home field was always a big factor in their success.  

• Like (+1) 2

I'm with you on Cleveland, though a lot of folks on here will disagree.

I'm pushing for KC to beat Miami on Saturday, not just because I want a piece of KC at home in Buffalo, but also because that means Cleveland (assuming they win) will face Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There's no one in the playoffs anyone should want to play, as every team got in for a reason.  I mean, look at the Saints all those years, getting the "worst" playoff teams and finding a way to lose.  With that being said, nothing wrong with having a preference 😜.

AFC

1 - Cleveland - #1 Defense, Flacco is averaging over 300 yards per game, and they have a rushing attack.  They have been destroying teams.  I want no part of them as they are hot at the right time

2 - Baltimore - They are such a different team at home and their defense is legit.  They struggle with division opponents (as do most) and Lamar can definitely be rattled, but they can put games away if you don't punch them in the face early

3 - Buffalo - Defense is peaking at the right time, but the offense inconsistency is frustrating.  Our ground game is decent, but we aren't firing on all cylinders.  We can beat anyone, but also can't win a game by more than 7 points.  Nothing would surprise me with this team

4 - Houston - I almost put them at 3, but their defense held me back.  Stroud has a monster arm and finds ways to get it done.  While he played at Ohio State and knows how to play in the cold, they definitely see advantages from playing in domes.  I'm glad they are playing Cleveland in the first round

5 - KC - They still have Mahomes, will get a home game in the first round, and you can't count out the champs until they actually lose

6 - Miami - Losing the 2 seed will really hurt them and McDaniels abandoning the run against us makes me believe he can still get rattled.  They will have Waddle back, so never say never.  Their game in KC should be fun to watch

7 - Pittsburgh - Watt being hurt is huge.  They have a resurgence with Rudolph, but you never know which version of their receivers will show up.  Pickens has all the potential in the world and they can play in any weather.  

NFC

1 - San Fran - Baltimore showed that if you slow down their scheme, they fall apart.  However, you need a top defense to do that and not many teams in the NFC playoffs have that.  

2 - Rams - I would argue they are the hottest team in the NFC right now and peaking at the right time.  Healthy at receiver, RB is a monster, and defense is getting better each week

3 - Lions - Like the Rams, they have a lot of good things going on and are this high because I think they would beat any of the teams below them

4 - Cowboys - Only because they have the 2 seed and will play their first two games at home.  If they were a wild card, I'd have them with a first round exit.  Should be interesting to see what GB's ground game does to them

5 - Bucs - This was a toss up between them and the Eagles.  Both have flaws, but Bucs seem to be more healthy right now.  Another team coming together at the right time

6 - Eagles - I just don't know how to put them at 7, even though they are getting destroyed lately.  I'm only giving them 6 because they have the playoff experience over mostly everyone else

7 - Green Bay - Sorry, but I don't trust Love yet.  He's made some good throws, but also gets rattled easily.  They will be on the road every game, and home field was always a big factor in their success.  

I would flip Buffalo and Houston and Rams and lions. Eagles, Green Bay, Bucs in that order.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see Flacco maintaining that level of play.  Their defense is legit though... so maybe we see another one of those 6-3 games if we end up seeing them in the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I'm pushing for KC to beat Miami on Saturday, not just because I want a piece of KC at home in Buffalo, but also because that means Cleveland (assuming they win) will face Baltimore.

I like Cleveland but I’m wondering when Flaccos turnovers actually start to hurt them

Also, since he became the starter they have beaten the Jets, Texans, Bears and Jags and lost to the Rams. I’d argue they haven’t really Been tested yet. Also, the Texans didn’t have CJ in that game 

AFC

Baltimore

Buffalo

Cleveland

KC

Miami

Houston

Pittsburgh

NFC

SF

Detroit

Dallas

Rams

Tampa

GB

Eagles

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Like (+1) 1

on paper and what it looks like:

AFC:

Baltimore

Buffalo

Cleveland

Miami

KC

Houston

Pittsburgh

Jacksonville

NFC:

SF

Detroit

Dallas

Rams

Tampa

Phili

GB

In reality:

Cleveland

Buffalo

Baltimore

KC

the rest do not matter.

Cleveland is going to go hard against Baltimore and not on that, potentially beat them. That matchup reminds me of KC/Buffalo beating each other up beyond repair for the AFCC. Buffalo can beat Flacco, though. 

KC is a seasoned playoff team.

27 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I would flip Buffalo and Houston and Rams and lions. Eagles, Green Bay, Bucs in that order.

The main reason I didn't flip Buffalo and Houston was because I didn't want to hear people complaining.  

NFC is almost a toss up at this point. I wouldn't really disagree with any order

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

on paper and what it looks like:

AFC:

Baltimore

Buffalo

Cleveland

Miami

KC

Houston

Pittsburgh

Jacksonville

NFC:

SF

Detroit

Dallas

Rams

Tampa

Phili

GB

In reality:

Cleveland

Buffalo

Baltimore

KC

the rest do not matter.

Cleveland is going to go hard against Baltimore and not on that, potentially beat them. That matchup reminds me of KC/Buffalo beating each other up beyond repair for the AFCC. Buffalo can beat Flacco, though. 

KC is a seasoned playoff team.

Jacksonville?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I could be wrong, but I just don't see Flacco maintaining that level of play.  Their defense is legit though... so maybe we see another one of those 6-3 games if we end up seeing them in the playoffs.

Normally I would agree with you, but what signs have their been to indicate he's slowing down.  If anything, he seems to be getting better as they gel on offense

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Jacksonville?

Shhh, the committee is trying to keep it a secret

• Like (+1) 1

AFC

Ravens

Bills

Browns

KC

Texans

Dolphins

Steelers

Predictions for this week:

Bills over Steelers

Dolphins over KC

Browns over Texans

NFC

49ers

Cowboys

Packers

Lions

Rams

Eagles

Bucs

Predictions for this week:

Lions over Rams

Eagles over Bucs

Packers over Cowboys (and McCarthy fired post game) 

Cleveland doesn’t scare me at all.

That doesn’t mean they can’t beat us. We can definitely lose to them. But they are probably around 3rd or 4th for me.

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

what signs have their been to indicate he's slowing down.  If anything, he seems to be getting better as they gel on offense

He has 8 TD’s and 6 INT’s over his last three games. And unlike Josh, he doesn’t make up for it with his athleticism.

Edited by Einstein

17 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Jacksonville?

Indeed. They deserve being on this list. They were in the playoffs all season and won the AFC #1 seed at midseason.

It's not a mistake to call them a playoff team!

• Haha (+1) 1

AFC:

1) Ravens - Best team in the NFL up to this point and all the pressure in the world on Lamar to get to and win the SB this year.

2) Chiefs- still think that defense is going to carry them to the AFFCG at minimum but watch Mahomes and that offense suddenly look different now.

3) Bills - This team could lose next week or go all the way, but I absolutely dread the pending matchup in the divisional round against a certain team.

4) Miami - still think this is a good team that's just ravaged by injuries unfortunately and will be a tough out even if the lose in KC.

5) Texans - nobody expected this team to be here, let alone win more than 4 or 5 games. Stroud is already a top 5 NFL QB.

6) Browns - Despite all the hype I think they are one and done to the team above them because they didn't play Stroud a few weeks ago.

7) Steelers - If they had Watt healthy I would dread this matchup for the Bills but still think it will be much more difficult than necessary to beat them.

NFC:

1) Lions - I know a lot of people won't rank them this high but they have a special formula and will use the Dallas controversy to fuel them in the postseason

2) Cowboys - Only putting them here if anything because of how dominant they are at home and get at least 2 games there.

3) Rams - a true dark horse but many forget they won the SB just 2 years ago. And crazy that either they or Lions going home after first round.

4) 49ers - I'm not a believer of this team or their fraud QB at all but they do have some serious defensive talent which is what matters in the playoffs.

5) Packers - Another dangerous team with a rising young QB but not sure they will be able to upset Dallas on the road.

6) Bucs - Yes they won the worst division in football but Todd Bowles is a horrendous head coach.

7) Eagles - How far the mighty have fallen but still won't be surprised if they make it to at least the divisional. Bills should have beat this team too.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

I agree with you. I think they are pretenders. But maybe it's my bias bc they have been literally perennial losers my whole life. I'll start believing if they beat the Texans.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

AFC

1 - Cleveland - #1 Defense ...

How so, Cleveland #1D that is?

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

AFC

Baltimore

Buffalo

Cleveland

KC

Miami

Houston

Pittsburgh

NFC

SF

Detroit

Dallas

Rams

Tampa

GB

Eagles

Almost totally with you, with the exception being the Pack is a fraud! Flip them with the free fall Eagles.

WC Weekend:

I expect Bills, Cleveland to win.
Tossing a coin with the Fish on top- if they get back Mostert & Twaddle!

NFC? 

Dallas, Detroit &  mediocre Tampa to win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.