McDermott has earned the right

On 1/7/2024 at 8:36 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

Diggs wants out. Depleted defense. 6-6. Media and fans turned. Tyler Dunne hit article. 

To 2 seed and AFC East Champs. 

Not only was this an admirable job of keeping the team together but the way his defense played down the stretch was remarkable.  He should be HC until he’s decides he wants to hang them up. 

He should be the coach until he decides that he wants to hang them up?  What kind of prisoner of the moment nonsense is this?

making the playoffs is like winning a few rings now? Some serious standards we have around here.  SMDH 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

hell of a finish with depleted defense, but shouldn’t have been that far down with this talent at Qb/RB …. 

watching Mac Jones get benched in first halves after beating us was brutal.  

Agreed. But for some fans they are ok with McDermott 

There are fans who still loathe McDermott. I have never understood it, myself.

But no, he doesn't get to stay as long as he wants. He needs to at least win a Super Bowl for that right, but if he keeps it up I don't see why we would move on. He just wins games. And he is a great defensive mind.

9 minutes ago, teef said:

listen, until you're ready to at least respond to the preseason predictions...why bother? you were brave enough to put them out there, but not brave enough to back them up.  i mean, you did pick the bengals over the giants. 

i get it.  miami embarrassed themselves yet again in december.  it looked like they could be a generational type team, only to let their fans down.  the coach is weak and the team is weaker.  it happens.  does playing a bills fan make you feel better?  

Teef, I don't understand your beef brotha...I've always admitted when I'm wrong, here on 2 bills drive and social media....and it's funny how so many people want to pounce on me without looking in the mirror and reviewing their own (failed) predictions. At least I put it out there and that's why the NFL is way too unpredictable every year and many of these so called 'experts' end up being way off as well.

And I'm sure I'll be wrong with my postseason predictions as well because they certainly don't include the Bills playing in the SB or winning it...but in this case obviously want to be dead wrong again because this current window is never going to be more open that it is now.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:48 PM, julian said:

Privately… absolutely 

Is everyone now a snow flake,  Christ, has society gotten soft, McDermott was stating the obvious, but poor Josh might be emotionally traumatized by his HC and we can’t have that…, get a freakin grip these guys are adults whose jobs are in a violent occupation, Josh sure as hell didn’t care, and neither should you or I, 

GO BILLS!!!

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Is everyone now a snow flake,  Christ, has society gotten soft, McDermott was stating the obvious, but poor Josh might be emotionally traumatized by his HC and we can’t have that…, get a freakin grip these guys are adults whose jobs are in a violent occupation, Josh sure as hell didn’t care, and neither should you or I, 

GO BILLS!!!

lol yikes, breath man lol.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Teef, I don't understand your beef brotha...I've always admitted when I'm wrong, here on 2 bills drive and social media....and it's funny how so many people want to pounce on me without looking in the mirror and reviewing their own (failed) predictions. At least I put it out there and that's why the NFL is way too unpredictable every year and many of these so called 'experts' end up being way off as well.

And I'm sure I'll be wrong with my postseason predictions as well because they certainly don't include the Bills playing in the SB or winning it...but in this case obviously want to be dead wrong again because this current window is never going to be more open that it is now.

you admitted when you're wrong?  like last year when your twitter account was discovered and your excuse was a poster here created an account under your name and was posting the nonsense?  i have nothing wrong with failed predictions, because at the end of the day they're fun.  yours wasn't a true prediction.  it was a troll job.  not that i don't enjoy the entertainment, but i don't understand the guise of being a bills fan.  just admit you're a fan of the phins and have a decent conversation.  

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, julian said:

lol yikes, breath man lol.

Totally chill, I’m happily retired sailing up and down the east coast and Bahamas living on my sail boat 😁👍, you youngsters need to toughen up just a tiny bit…, it would be good for ya, lol, nuthin but luv Julian, 

3 minutes ago, teef said:

you're admitted when you're wrong?  like last year when your twitter account was discovered and your excuse was a poster here created an account under your name and was posting the nonsense?  i have nothing wrong with failed predictions, because at the end of the day they're fun.  yours wasn't a true prediction.  it was a troll job.  not that i don't enjoy the entertainment, but i don't understand the guise of being a bills fan.  just admit you're a fan of the phins and have a decent conversation.  

I'll never admit what's not true.

A pessimistic/negative Bills in most cases (if anything because of years of failure going back to the superbowl years)....absolutely, but like I've told you before my life isn't necessarily that exciting to 'masquerade' as a Bills fan, all while secretly being a Dolphins fan....could care less about them but have never been afraid to give them their due and I really believed they would win the division this year...but yes I was wrong and happy about it.

21 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Totally chill, I’m happily retired sailing up and down the east coast and Bahamas living on my sail boat 😁👍, you youngsters need to toughen up just a tiny bit…, it would be good for ya, lol, nuthin but luv Julian, 

Happy sailing Captain !!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

A pessimistic/negative Bills in most cases (if anything because of years of failure going back to the superbowl years)....absolutely, but like I've told you before my life isn't necessarily that exciting to 'masquerade' as a Bills fan, all while secretly being a Dolphins fan....could care less about them but have never been afraid to give them their due and I really believed they would win the division this year...but yes I was wrong and happy about it.

god...this is just so strange.  

On 1/7/2024 at 11:36 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

Diggs wants out. Depleted defense. 6-6. Media and fans turned. Tyler Dunne hit article. 

Not only was this an admirable job of keeping the team together but the way his defense played down the stretch was remarkable.  He should be HC until he’s decides he wants to hang them up. 

McD is serviceable HC that is good at taking a team without direction and building a culture but he’s not creative enough to do much more than that. This team has been through a lot these past few years with being at our peak and losing with 13 seconds left. Hamlin dying on the field and being revived last year and this years up and down roller coaster that hopefully ends with us holding the Lombardi trophy high. All of this shows how great a group of PLAYERS we have to overcome so much and keep persevering. 

McD is a fine HC (he’d do great to get his former Carolina panthers to become an average NFL team again) and I thank him for starting a culture, but he doesn’t get a pass to coach as long as he’d like. His message is stale and he has plateaued. He has the best QB in the league on his team and since Daboll left he hasn’t developed him into actually showing that he’s the unquestionable face of the league like he should be.

McD is a very good defensive coordinator but don’t act like all of you aren’t biting your lip in anticipation of his defense giving the other team a new set of downs on a 3rd or 4th and long. How many times have we had to watch games where we should smoke the opposing side and yet we’re holding our breaths that we can keep the one score lead heading into the final few minutes of a game vegas and anyone with eyes says we should win by 14+ points. The man plays not to lose a game. Yay he finally went for a 4th and 1 in his own territory for the first time ever. Let’s throw him a parade!

We’re the best team in the league with a very average head coach. He’s cost this team too many times in big moments and unless we get to the Super Bowl I am not going to say McD has “earned” the right to keep coaching our once in a lifetime QB. Imagine this team being coached by Shanahan, Reid, Harbaugh, stefanski, Lafleur, Campbell, even McDaniel! They would pour everything into developing Josh into the face of the league. He wouldn’t have to Superman it every week because he’d have the right offensive scheme and players around him. 

The BIGGEST reason I’m done with McD and do not give him a pass is because he’s a ME guy. I didn’t notice it early on because he covered it up with his “team” mentality and “we’re building a culture” but dude doesn’t take responsibility. He's always deflecting blame. That halftime interview in the Miami game made me want to drive to Miami and kick him in the nuts. “He (Josh) can’t throw that ball, he’s got to throw it in the end zone or near the boundary”…screw you dude. Your legendary QB threw a perfect pass to cook who dropped the TD (again) and then gives Ty Johnson the perfect leading pass to get into the end zone and Miami defender makes a GREAT play to keep him a yard short and that’s what you say!? How about the multiple 3rd and longs you gave up on D? Or we’ve all got to do better you dick…sorry again I’m just sick of him as our head coach. I think he’s a very good D coordinator but I can no longer just “give him a pass” for mediocrity. This team should destroy Pittsburgh on Sunday but I don’t get the warm and fuzzies because he’s our coach. This team should at minimum be playing Baltimore for the AFC crown but I won’t put money on it because he’s the decision maker we are counting on in big moments. 

I totally believe this team can win the Super Bowl this year but it will because of these players and our generational QB not McD. 

In a perfect world we win it all and he retires to join the MMA senior tour and Jim Harbaugh comes to Buffalo next year to lead and develop this team into the dynasty it deserves and should be with Josh Allen as our QB.

Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/7/2024 at 11:36 PM, RoscoeParrish said:

Not a fan of Sean most of the season. He was pitifully conservative with game day decisions and leaving outcome of games to a depleted defense. He was slow to remove Dorsey who was out of his depth. All of a sudden, after tremendous pushback from media and the fanbase, calling for his ouster, Sean got a vote of confidence from the Pegulas and Beane. Since then the team has rallied around him and with the addition of Douglas the defense has been vastly improved. The decision making has been more aggressive and Josh has played at an MVP level with improved play calling by Brady. Sean has established order and brought these players back by  believing in each other and the coaches. He’s shown that we can win with him. Great job.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

You are fooling nobody. You are a Dolphins fan.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

He has earned the right to be the head coach of the Buffalo Bills again next season, and that's as far as I'm willing to go.

I am in the same boat until he brings a championship nothing is guaranteed when it comes his job security long term.

Patting myself on the back for this one. I got ripped to shreds for defending him after the Philly game. 

Proud of this man and he can be my team's coach as long as he wants

In the NFL, you gotta be talented and lucky to win a SB. To be a consistent contender you need an elite coach. 

The Buffalo Bills have an elite coach, talent, and horrible luck

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/7/2024 at 11:51 PM, Nextmanup said:

If you want to spin a narrative into THAT, OK, but I can spin 10 others that have nothing to do with McDermott at all.

He's the same guy he has always been, and he will continue to be outreached in big games against good teams with good coaches.

I would hope the standard of the organization is higher than yours.

Why be content with failure/mediocrity.

The goal is to WIN a SUPER BOWL.

The Miami game was not a big game against a good team with a good coach ? How about Kansas City? Cowboys? McDermott ran the gauntlet against top teams w/ the best records to squeak into the 2nd seed. Each one of those games was a big one. 

On 1/7/2024 at 11:42 PM, RyanC883 said:

First: he digged the hole he is now getting credit for getting out of. 

Second, we squeaked out wins against undermanned teams over the past 5 games.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves and see what happens in the playoffs, when most McD issues arise.  

This is a very half empty vs half full situation that I can’t blame anyone for feeling either way on.  I can’t personally blame him for squeaking by undermanned teams when we lost quite a few close games as a very undermanned team ourselves but to each their own.  

to me everything evened out over the course of the season, we had big late calls bail us out and screw us in other games, we had a ton of injuries and played some injured teams, and we exactly met expectations.  All things considered I’d take blowing some easy games and playing great against good teams over the alternative 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.