NFL Week 18 2023 Referees (Officials): Buffalo at Miami: Alex "I'm talking to America" Kemp

chongli

NFL Capsules Week 18:

https://nflcommunications.com/Documents/2023 Football Information/Capsules/Week 18 Capsules.pdf

[at bottom]

We had Alex Kemp in Week 9 SNF at Cincinnati in which Josh Allen was called for taunting.

n2spgr9i1zqaooutg9gj.jpg

Alex Kemp - 6th season as referee

Pos. No. Name Exp. 2022 Crew College Occupation
R 55 Alex Kemp 10 n/a Central Michigan Insurance Agent
U 89 Mike Morton 2 same North Carolina Retired NFL Football Player
DJ 113 Danny Short 7 same North Carolina-Charlotte Executive Director, Global Sales Operations
LJ 59 Rusty Baynes 14 Boger Auburn-Montgomery General Manager, Safey Services
FJ 28 Sean Petty Rookie n/a [unknown] [unknown]
SJ 95

James Coleman

19 Martin Arkansas Electrical Engineer
BJ 93

Scott Helverson

21 same Iowa Sales, Printing and Promotions
RO n/a Mike Chase 7 same Arizona State Senior Portfolio Manager
RA n/a Jamie Alferi Tuss 2 same Oregon State Sports Management

kemp.jpg

Umpire Mike Morton was a LB for the Raiders in the 90's, but he was not a part of the team that lost the 1990 AFC Championship Game to us:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MortMi20.htm

KIS - Kemp Insurance Sure:

[Alex Kemp on left end]

image-asset.jpeg?format=2500w

Week 9 2023: Buffalo at Cincinnati SNF:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2023/10/01/alex-kemps-sauce-gardner-chiefs-jets-defensive-holding/

"Referee Alex Kemp's weird holding call on Sauce Gardner may have cost the Jets a win"

"With 4:29 left in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s Kansas City Chiefs-New York Jets game, it looked as if Patrick Mahomes had thrown his third interception of the contest to cornerback Michael Carter. As the Chiefs were up 23-20, this was a major turn of events.

Then, referee Alex Kemp came busting in with the opinion that cornerback Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner had committed defensive holding on receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Kemp didn’t help matters by mis-identifying Gardner as No. 11 when Gardner wears No. 1 (11 is Valdes-Scantling’s number), and then, when you look at the play itself… well, it’s highly suspect."

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Outside of the taunting call which was ridiculous the Bengals game was called pretty reasonably. I thought there was a bad call or two against both teams not the best called game not the worst either. Could have gotten the crew that officiated the Eagles game…

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, chongli said:

We had Alex Kemp in Week 9 SNF at Cincinnati in which Josh Allen was called for taunting.

n2spgr9i1zqaooutg9gj.jpg

Alex Kemp - 6th season as referee

Pos. No. Name Exp. 2022 Crew College Occupation
R 55 Alex Kemp 10 n/a Central Michigan Insurance Agent
U 89 Mike Morton 2 same North Carolina Retired NFL Football Player
DJ 113 Danny Short 7 same North Carolina-Charlotte Executive Director, Global Sales Operations
LJ 59 Rusty Baynes 14 Boger Auburn-Montgomery General Manager, Safey Services
FJ 28 Sean Petty Rookie n/a [unknown] [unknown]
SJ 95

James Coleman

19 Martin Arkansas Electrical Engineer
BJ 93

Scott Helverson

21 same Iowa Sales, Printing and Promotions
RO n/a Mike Chase 7 same Arizona State Senior Portfolio Manager
RA n/a Jamie Alferi Tuss 2 same Oregon State Sports Management

kemp.jpg

Umpire Mike Morton was a LB for the Raiders in the 90's, but he was not a part of the team that lost the 1990 AFC Championship Game to us:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MortMi20.htm

KIS - Kemp Insurance Sure:

[Alex Kemp on left end]

image-asset.jpeg?format=2500w

Week 9 2023: Buffalo at Cincinnati SNF:

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2023/10/01/alex-kemps-sauce-gardner-chiefs-jets-defensive-holding/

"Referee Alex Kemp's weird holding call on Sauce Gardner may have cost the Jets a win"

"With 4:29 left in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s Kansas City Chiefs-New York Jets game, it looked as if Patrick Mahomes had thrown his third interception of the contest to cornerback Michael Carter. As the Chiefs were up 23-20, this was a major turn of events.

Then, referee Alex Kemp came busting in with the opinion that cornerback Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner had committed defensive holding on receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Kemp didn’t help matters by mis-identifying Gardner as No. 11 when Gardner wears No. 1 (11 is Valdes-Scantling’s number), and then, when you look at the play itself… well, it’s highly suspect."

I'd like to 'like" this post as a token of appreciation for how you do this every week, but I can't "like" the information it contains so...

...take this as thanks

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Outside of the taunting call which was ridiculous the Bengals game was called pretty reasonably. I thought there was a bad call or two against both teams not the best called game not the worst either. Could have gotten the crew that officiated the Eagles game…

More ridiculous was the intentional grounding. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

yea that taunting penalty is really annoying to me.  I see it all the time and it is never called.  Jaylen Warren of the steelers taunted the seattle secondary sunday...he waived the peace sign at them....The peace sign because of hill was something that is explicitly supposed to be called.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like (+1) 4

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'd like to 'like" this post as a token of appreciation for how you do this every week, but I can't "like" the information it contains so...

...take this as thanks

6 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

@chongli You always do an excellent job getting me worried about whoever is refereeing our next game lol

Thank you both! This means a lot. Between the maps, announcers, and this, I am sort of glad the regular season is coming to an end since it's a lot of work, but I also enjoy it and contributing to the TBD community.

Now onto the playoffs and more (keeping my fingers crossed)!

Edited by chongli
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

6 hours ago, chongli said:

Thank you both! This means a lot. Between the maps, announcers, and this, I am sort of glad the regular season is coming to an end since it's a lot of work, but I also enjoy it and contributing to the TBD community.

Now onto the playoffs and more (keeping my fingers crossed)!

Yeah man.  Much thanks!  You killed it this year.  Killing It Like A Boss GIF by Altibox

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hopefully McDermott stresses no one to point at anyone this week

9 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

So, the intentional grounding bs and the lame roughing the passer were reasonable?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.