So how are we feeling about Coach McDermott?

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Every game has been pretty big since 6-6. We’ve done okay.

Okay is right, hardly superlatively.  

Either way, the biggest games of the season are yet to come.  McD apologists can see a cork put into the mouths of the rest with at least an AFC Championship.  

Unless of course we're not as good a Pitt/Pickett and their 27th ranked offense, Cleveland/Flacco and their 9th ranked O and 11th ranked D, Houston/the rookie Stroud and their 14th ranked O and 13th ranked D, the backslidden Chiefs and their 12th ranked O being carried by an old TE and a rookie WR, or Miami and their 21st ranked D.  

Baltimore, maybe, but is Jackson better than Allen;  Edwards better than Cook;  Flowers, OBJ, Andrews, Likely, and Agholor better than Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir?  

If not, a good question would be how Baltimore is getting more out of them than we are out of ours.  Don't you think?  

Just admit that was unbelievable to be here today after where we were when the Dunne article came out. 

All these arbitrary “he must get X this year or he’s gone” are well, Emerson had something to say about “foolish consistencies”. 

McDermott has balls of steel and looked all you haters in the face and said “s*ck on this”.

Find another coach who will do that. You never will because you naysayers have zero eye for intangibles. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, PBF81 said:

Okay is right, hardly superlatively.  

Either way, the biggest games of the season are yet to come.  McD apologists can see a cork put into the mouths of the rest with at least an AFC Championship.  

Unless of course we're not as good a Pitt/Pickett and their 27th ranked offense, Cleveland/Flacco and their 9th ranked O and 11th ranked D, Houston/the rookie Stroud and their 14th ranked O and 13th ranked D, the backslidden Chiefs and their 12th ranked O being carried by an old TE and a rookie WR, or Miami and their 21st ranked D.  

Baltimore, maybe, but is Jackson better than Allen;  Edwards better than Cook;  Flowers, OBJ, Andrews, Likely, and Agholor better than Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir?  

If not, a good question would be how Baltimore is getting more out of them than we are out of ours.  Don't you think?  

Yeah we are better than all those teams except maybe Baltimore. Which is why in about 5 hrs, we are gonna be the 2 seed.

Baltimore went 10-7 and 8-9 in the last two years. Fire Harbaugh.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Yeah we are better than all those teams except maybe Baltimore. Which is why in about 5 hrs, we are gonna be the 2 seed.

So you think that Jackson > Allen;  Edwards > Cook;  and the Ravens' WRs/TEs > than our WRs/TEs then?   ... by implication.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

So you think that Jackson > Allen;  Edwards > Cook;  and the Ravens' WRs/TEs > than our WRs/TEs then?   ... by implication.  

I think a lot of them are playing better.

Luckily, LJ and the gang are playoff chokers.

Edited by FireChans

3 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Just admit that was unbelievable to be here today after where we were when the Dunne article came out. 

All these arbitrary “he must get X this year or he’s gone” are well, Emerson had something to say about “foolish consistencies”. 

McDermott has balls of steel and looked all you haters in the face and said “s*ck on this”.

Find another coach who will do that. You never will because you naysayers have zero eye for intangibles. 

Let's hope that all of this emotional tough talk isn't sentient.  

Just now, FireChans said:

I think a lot of them are playing better.

That's not the question.  Would you like to answer the question, or evade and tiptoe around it?  

Which ones are playing better, and why?  

Are they better players?  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

He is already forever to be known as Mr. Intangibles

Indeed.  

Mr. Process

Mr. Complimentary Football 

Mr. I Wish I Knew  

Mr. "I Didn't Do It"  

hqdefault.jpg

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

On aggregate, Baltimore has DEFINITELY been a better team than Buffalo this year.

They are the cream of the AFC regular season this year.

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Let's hope that all of this emotional tough talk isn't sentient.  

That's not the question.  Would you like to answer the question, or evade and tiptoe around it?  

Which ones are playing better, and why?  

Are they better players?  

Zay Flowers is probably better than Diggs, because Diggs is either hurt or sulking or aged out.

Roquon Smith would start over everyone on the Bills. 

Ditto for Marlon Humphrey.

Ditto for Kyle Hamilton.

Gabe Davis may or may not be better than OBJ. 

Allen is better than Lamar. 

Likely is a vet, so he’s probably better at a lot of things than a rookie Kincaid.

Cook has a far different skill set than the Gus Bud but I think he’s the better running back.

I’m not sure Khalil Shakir is better than Bateman or Agholor. So TBD.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

On aggregate, Baltimore has DEFINITELY been a better team than Buffalo this year.

They are the cream of the AFC regular season this year.

Of course they have.  

But why?  

Better talent?  Why is their offense performing better than ours?  

The question can keep getting asked;  

Is Jackson better than Allen; 

Edwards better than Cook; 

Flowers, OBJ, Andrews, Likely, and Agholor better than Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir?  

Why are they performing better?  

They're certainly performing more consistently.  Why?  

Is it their level of talent that's superior to ours on offense?  

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Of course they have.  

But why?  

Better talent?  Why is their offense performing better than ours?  

The question can keep getting asked;  

Is Jackson better than Allen; 

Edwards better than Cook; 

Flowers, OBJ, Andrews, Likely, and Agholor better than Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir?  

Why are they performing better?  

They're certainly performing more consistently.  Why?  

Is it their level of talent that's superior to ours on offense?  

Woah woah, who said their offense was better?

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Are they better players?  

I think after Diggs the next 3 guys in terms of pass catchers I'd take would all be Ravens. I'd still take their line as well while ours is much improved. I'd take Cook over all their backs and Josh over Lamar.

I would take Harbaugh over McDermott though in fairness. With Belichick about to be out on his ear I'd take John Harbaugh over every other coach in the league. Even Andy Reid. I think he is outstanding. To have his record over 16 years when he has never had a true elite Quarterback.... though they have had two good ones... is incredible. And he has rebuilt the team and re-calibrated their approach on both sides of the ball multiple times since he has been there. Unlike you there are very few coaches I'd swap Sean McDermott for. But John Harbaugh is one.

If there is a knock on Harbaugh it is that since winning his Superbowl his playoff record leaves something to be desired. He is 2-5 since they won the Lombardi and I'd argue two of those losses to Tennessee and the Chargers were to inferior teams.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think after Diggs the next 3 guys in terms of pass catchers I'd take would all be Ravens. I'd still take their line as well while ours is much improved. I'd take Cook over all their backs and Josh over Lamar.

I would take Harbaugh over McDermott though in fairness. With Belichick about to be out on his ear I'd take John Harbaugh over every other coach in the league. Even Andy Reid. I think he is outstanding. To have his record over 16 years when he has never had a true elite Quarterback.... though they have had two good ones... is incredible. And he has rebuilt the team and re-calibrated their approach on both sides of the ball multiple times since he has been there. Unlike you there are very few coaches I'd swap Sean McDermott for. But John Harbaugh is one.

I’ll take John Harbaugh over McD when I see him take a franchise QB and talented roster to the championship game once this decade.

Just now, FireChans said:

I’ll take John Harbaugh over McD when I see him take a franchise QB and talented roster to the championship game once this decade.

Yea my edit does make the point I think his recent playoff record is a fair knock. But it is a fair knock on an otherwise excellent resume. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Zay Flowers is probably better than Diggs, because Diggs is either hurt or sulking or aged out.

Gabe Davis may or may not be better than OBJ. 

Allen is better than Lamar. 

Likely is a vet, so he’s probably better at a lot of things than a rookie Kincaid.

Cook has a far different skill set than the Gus Bud but I think he’s the better running back.

I’m not sure Khalil Shakir is better than Bateman or Agholor. So TBD.

OK, so Allen better than Lamar.  

Cook better and more versatile than Edwards who has very limited utility as a receiver and is more power back than speedster with agility like Cook.  

As to the WRs, let's stick to the group as a whole.  Which is better, ... 

Flowers, OBJ, Andrews, Likely, and Agholor  ... or ....

Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir?  

Don't leave Diggs and Kincaid out of the discussion and try to pass it off as if Baltimore has better WRs.  

Which team has the better top five WRs/TEs?  

You say that Likely is a vet, he's in his second season as a late 4th round draft pick.  Hardly a seasoned vet.  

Agholor in 9 seasons has averaged about 500 yards and 4 TDs.  Hardly much more than a JAG.  

Flowers is a rookie.  

Is there a reason why their WRs/TEs are more consistent and why their offense averages 1.5 PPG more than we do when their leading RB and leading WR don't even approach the production of ours?  

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If there is a knock on Harbaugh it is that since winning his Superbowl his playoff record leaves something to be desired. He is 2-5 since they won the Lombardi and I'd argue two of those losses to Tennessee and the Chargers were to inferior teams.

Thank you for a decent answer.  

We'll never know, but I'm curious what John Harbaugh would do with Allen as his QB over Jackson.  

It's time!

GO BILLS!!!!

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea my edit does make the point I think his recent playoff record is a fair knock. But it is a fair knock on an otherwise excellent resume. 

Presumably you would agree that there's zero excuse, given the field, of not at minimum making the AFC CG, right?  

• Vomit 1

Presumably you would agree that there's zero excuse, given the field, of not at minimum making the AFC CG, right?  

No because that isn't the way the NFL works. There is a lot of parity and it is a matchup league. You can't just look down a sheet of paper and give players a rating. It isn't Madden. 

That said, if the Bills win tonight there is definitely a route that opens up for them to make it, hosting 2 games.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

The problem is that the worst ones are in the playoffs to end out hopes.  

Let's see what happens this season yet.  Who knows, we may win it all and then we're all whistling past the graveyard in a manner of speaking.  

You sound like one of those “ we won the Super Bowl, but…” types. Win or lose, you’re going to whine. Probably spit on the grave too.
Have fun watching tonight’s game, I guess. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No because that isn't the way the NFL works. There is a lot of parity and it is a matchup league. You can't just look down a sheet of paper and give players a rating. It isn't Madden. 

That said, if the Bills win tonight there is definitely a route that opens up for them to make it, hosting 2 games.

So you don't think then, by implication, that we're better than the Steelers, Texans, Browns, Fins, and Chiefs ... this season?  

Well, OK.  

Otherwise, using that as an excuse every season, well, that's a huge part of the problem that we're having in these discussions between the two sides.  

4 minutes ago, Dopey said:

You sound like one of those “ we won the Super Bowl, but…” types. Win or lose, you’re going to whine. Probably spit on the grave too.
Have fun watching tonight’s game, I guess. 

LOL 

You don't know me, you couldn't be more wrong.  

You sound like the type that runs on emotions and fuels your arguments that way.  

You a woman?  

Asking for a friend.  

;)  

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

So you don't think then, by implication, that we're better than the Steelers, Texans, Browns, Fins, and Chiefs ... this season?  

Well, OK.  

Otherwise, using that as an excuse every season, well, that's a huge part of the problem that we're having in these discussions between the two sides.  

No I don't think the NFL is that simple. 

18 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

OK, so Allen better than Lamar.  

Cook better and more versatile than Edwards who has very limited utility as a receiver and is more power back than speedster with agility like Cook.  

As to the WRs, let's stick to the group as a whole.  Which is better, ... 

Flowers, OBJ, Andrews, Likely, and Agholor  ... or ....

Diggs, Davis, Kincaid, Knox, and Shakir?  

Don't leave Diggs and Kincaid out of the discussion and try to pass it off as if Baltimore has better WRs.  

Which team has the better top five WRs/TEs?  

You say that Likely is a vet, he's in his second season as a late 4th round draft pick.  Hardly a seasoned vet.  

Agholor in 9 seasons has averaged about 500 yards and 4 TDs.  Hardly much more than a JAG.  

Flowers is a rookie.  

Is there a reason why their WRs/TEs are more consistent and why their offense averages 1.5 PPG more than we do when their leading RB and leading WR don't even approach the production of ours?  

Thank you for a decent answer.  

We'll never know, but I'm curious what John Harbaugh would do with Allen as his QB over Jackson.  

It's time!

GO BILLS!!!!

Shakir doesn’t average 500 yards so maybe he’s less than a JAG. 

Maybe part of the reason their offense is more consistent is because their QB doesn’t throw passes to Eli Apple’s chest. 

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, OK.  

LOL 

You don't know me, you couldn't be more wrong.  

You sound like the type that runs on emotions and fuels your arguments that way.  

You a woman?  

Asking for a friend.  

;)  

That’s enough for me to know what you are. You have a friend?  

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Shakir doesn’t average 500 yards so maybe he’s less than a JAG. 

Maybe part of the reason their offense is more consistent is because their QB doesn’t throw passes to Eli Apple’s chest. 

He also hasn't been in the league for 9 seasons.  

If you want to use that comp at least be honest and cite Agholor's first two seasons where he averaged just over 300 yards. 

That's part of the problem here, you and others can't be honest with your arguments.  It makes it impossible to have an honest discussion.  

No sense in trying further.  

:) 

Enjoy the game!  

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No I don't think the NFL is that simple. 

Of course not, otherwise you'd have to do a little bit more thinking on your postion re: McD. 

I understand.  

He also hasn't been in the league for 9 seasons.  

If you want to use that comp at least be honest and cite Agholor's first two seasons where he averaged just over 300 yards. 

That's part of the problem here, you and others can't be honest with your arguments.  It makes it impossible to have an honest discussion.  

No sense in trying further.  

Enjoy the game!  

Of course not, otherwise you'd have to do a little bit more thinking on your postion re: McD. 

I understand.  

But Agoholor isn’t in his first two seasons. So why would I include what he was 8 years ago, in a discussion about him today?

Project harder about honest arguments lmao

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

But Agoholor isn’t in his first two seasons. So why would I include what he was 8 years ago, in a discussion about him today?

Project harder about honest arguments lmao

Enjoy the game Chans!

How this team closes out this game indicts McDermott. 

I will refuse to see what I want to see and believe the facts. 

This isn't much different than the Bengals game last year.

Chips are down, we can't sustain momentum, we have made mistakes, we have let opportunities slip away, our fundamentals are struggling.

We need a good HC and staff to pull this win. 

3 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

That guy that wrote the article about McDermott was right about him always looking to shift blame. He did it with Allen during his halftime interview.

Oh yeah, McDermott threw all those ill advised passes.

48 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I want to change my vote.

to COTY!

14 points. 1 first down in the second half. Multiple injuries, including today. 

LETS GO SEAN. THIS IS JUST LIKE (insert terrorism reference here).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.