Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

2 hours ago, vincec said:

I think Fournette would replace Johnson. I think Johnson has played well, but Fournette really looked sharp to me in the few carries he got a couple of weeks ago. If he’s in his old form then he needs to play. I think people are forgetting how good he was/is.

I think Murray plays because of his pass blocking and, to a lesser degree, the QB shove.

Do you think fournette looked better than Ty Johnson has?  Lenny looked decent in his handful of attempts, but Johnson has looked very good to my eyes.  

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ingram destroyed Dawkins when he played for Pitt in the 2021 season opener too. But maybe he’s lost a step.

He also destroyed Spencer brown in the 13 second game

Edited by NewEra

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ingram destroyed Dawkins when he played for Pitt in the 2021 season opener too. But maybe he’s lost a step.

He's been sitting on his couch until the late season call from Miami right?  I can't imagine he will dominate Dawkins or anyone else but we shall see.  We don't want him to flash for 1 game that's for sure.

Here's some changes I'd make:  Virtually no offensive snaps for Sherfield - He has been disappointing.  Consider swapping Murray for Fournette.  Murray seems to only be key for tush push but assume Lenny could do that too.  Murray has been underwhelming to my eye.  I've been quietly hoping the old Von would emerge but given how well things went yesterday, I am fine sitting him from here on out.  Bills just need to play a complete game and take notes from Balt game and our earlier season game against them.  

Separately, I put our odds of getting into the playoffs in any fashion at 100% minus (40%)*(65%)*(65%) where the three percentages are (Bills loss)(Pitt win)(Jags win), so ~83%.  Just can't have all three bad things happen!!

Edited by TheWei44

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Get your best 5 skill players on the field over 80% of the time: 011 personnel.

Sorry Knox, Murray, Sherfield - you’re getting 5 breather snaps for the starters.

Sorry Diggs you can’t check yourself out.

Trent Sherfield is a career journeyman on a vet minimum 1-year deal. He’s not a sacred cow that can’t come out.

Latavius Murray is 837 years old, you don’t have a moral obligation to play him.

Cut Sherfield and put Shorter in.

Cut Murray and bring Fournette up full-time.

Bench Harty and bring up Isabella.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mostly remember fans making fun of and being angry at the Dolphins organization for putting Tua in that position more than anything.

Josh would then have a perfect game in the first round of the playoffs, and that's not an exaggeration.

Didn't feel like the line was doing as good a job getting space for Cook which he needs to be in peak form, Ty can do better with a bit of a mess since he'll run through people.

I think the Pats have a great run defense and did a good job countering our tackle wrap play where we pull Dawkins.

To date teams have not been able to stop that very well.

Cook has been money running behind those and I watched one where the defender went low on Dawkins and was able to trip him up which kind of blew up that play.

The old Belegoat is still a pretty good DC and has a few young defensive players coming on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

Is it possible he lost his nerve? He got smashed in the Philly game (after the whistle) and body slammed in a game before that, forgot which game. He might be shying away from contact, or maybe he's looking over his shoulder. I had the impression that the "overthrown" ball by Allen wasn't overthrown at all but that Diggs let up or wasn't running at top speed. Something about the way Allen reacted. 

You can't actually be serious with this nonsense

14 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Here's some changes I'd make:  Virtually no offensive snaps for Sherfield - He has been disappointing.  Consider swapping Murray for Fournette.  Murray seems to only be key for tush push but assume Lenny could do that too.  Murray has been underwhelming to my eye.  I've been quietly hoping the old Von would emerge but given how well things went yesterday, I am fine sitting him from here on out.  Bills just need to play a complete game and take notes from Balt game and our earlier season game against them.  

Separately, I put our odds of getting into the playoffs in any fashion at 100% minus (40%)*(65%)*(65%) where the three percentages are (Bills loss)(Pitt win)(Jags win), so ~83%.  Just can't have all three bad things happen!!

Sherfield gets no separation and drops the ball on the few times he is schemed open.

Don’t worry about the Jags or Steelers losing, if we can’t beat Miami our playoff run is doomed playing  on the road against better teams KC, Baltimore. The Dolphins can’t beat physical, talented teams. With Chubb, Waddle, Howard out and Tua, Mostert and Hill dinged let’s just go in there and blow their doors off.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Bench Harty and bring up Isabella.

Although Harty has been overwhelming and does have one fumble I think he has fielded every punt in the air cleanly. I would not want to risk a botched punt in this game due to a new punt returner.

Just now, Toledo Bill said:

Although Harty has been overwhelming and does have one fumble I think he has fielded every punt in the air cleanly. I would not want to risk a botched punt in this game due to a new punt returner.

I meant underwhelming 😝

42 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I believe Dion was getting over a real bad bout with COVID that fall.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You can't actually be serious with this nonsense

Andre Reed was a different player in Super Bowl XV after the Giants repeatedly hit him hard. Who knows what goes through football players' heads after big hits, especially after the Damar Hamlin incident? Diggs is human. It's not "nonsense" to consider that he might be fighting a psychological battle after being slammed to the ground gratuitously and violently on two occasions this season.

If he's not injured--and McDermott says he's not--how else do you explain his decline in performance and evidently taking himself out the game for long stretches?

Everything is setup for Sunday night.  I like that.  Bills (and fans) will see what results are from the other games.

Players getting healthy at the right time helps and some banged up and out Dolphins doesn't hurt.

The Bills know the Dolphins well and have a good record against them.

Seeing "Prime Time" Josh Allen is all that is needed.  It's a great time to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seeing "Prime Time" Josh Allen is all that is needed.  It's a great time to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills!

Let’s hope it all comes together for Josh down in Miami.  He’s had some pedestrian passing games for a few weeks (outside the Philly game).  The running and rushing TDs have been the difference maker for him. As Josh says, he considers himself a football player not just a QB.  But we need the good QB to show up this week.

Edited by zow2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, finn said:

Is it possible he lost his nerve? He got smashed in the Philly game (after the whistle) and body slammed in a game before that, forgot which game. He might be shying away from contact, or maybe he's looking over his shoulder. I had the impression that the "overthrown" ball by Allen wasn't overthrown at all but that Diggs let up or wasn't running at top speed. Something about the way Allen reacted

We had that feeling as well when we were watching. I was hoping that they would show another angle so that we could see more clearly. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.